Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] Symphonic Fantasies Concert to Celebrate Music of Square Enix

Dallista
Still around, lurking in the shadows...

Member 1491

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 10:19 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2009, 05:19 PM #201 of 206
The music was great, but the moderator was a complete... ahem, well, you catch my drift. I was glad I only understood about 90 % of what he said (6 years of high school German and shopping in Germany once every couple of weeks does not a German language expert make), because that was far more than enough to feel utterly embarrassed. I'm at a concert, you twat, not a panto. Ugh.
And the Rooth instead of Roth thing was just too weird. I almost started to believe maybe it *was* really pronounced as Rooth. Really glad to read the MC had it wrong, but really, couldn't they have gotten their facts straight?!

How ya doing, buddy?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2009, 08:28 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2009, 03:28 PM #202 of 206
It's a long-time tradition that adults DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT VIDYA(-MUSIC). They show by deliberately making stupid spelling and pronunciation errors that it's a waste of time and effort.

And it's fun to watch/read kids care so much how the name of their precious composer is pronounced. ;)

I agree on the fact that the MC was quite boring. I understood maybe as much as you of the German he spoke, but at least he nailed one joke right on the second night.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Oct 4, 2009, 09:02 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2009, 03:02 PM #203 of 206
Ah, sounds awesome, I think I'll hold off for any sort of high quality recording (if it ever happens) but seems everyone has really positive feedback so far.

I am a sucker for orchestral arrangements...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
PunyPeon
Chocobo

Member 17368

Level 9.15

Dec 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 02:12 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2009, 11:12 PM #204 of 206
Just went to Distant Worlds today in Vancouver. That was absolutely amazing! Roth is a very good conductor. Nobuo was supposed to make it but his deadline for FFXIV is the end of October is what they told us, wish I could have met him! Time for bed

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:57 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2010, 01:57 PM #205 of 206
Symphonic Fantasies will have a CD and digital release!

RPGFan News - Symphonic Fantasies Album Details Revealed

Quote:
As announced previously on this site, the CD release for the Square-centric "Symphonic Fantasies" concert is on its way. We now have more details.

The tracklist is broken into five parts. See below:

1. Fanfare Overture (original composition by Jonne Valtonen)
2. Fantasy I: Kingdom Hearts (Yoko Shimomura)
3. Fantasy II: Secret of Mana (Hiroki Kikuta)
4. Fantasy III: Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross (Yasunori Mitsuda)
5. Fantasy IV: Final Fantasy (Nobuo Uematsu)

It should be noted that the orchestra recorded on this album, the WDR, previously recorded the Yoko Shimomura album "drammatica," which featured work from Kingdom Hearts. It should also be noted that this is the first time since the Japanese "Orchestra Game Concert" series (1991-1995) that Secret of Mana will have an officially-recorded orchestra performance released to the public.

A European release date has been set: September 24, 2010. Currently, the Decca (Universal Music) label is set to release the album in Germany, with availability crossing all of Europe. A digital version of the album will also be released at this time.

Other regions (North America, Japan) will have their own CD releases in the future. Impatient fans will be able to import the album from Germany via online stores such as Amazon.

For European residents, the deal gets a little sweeter. If you preorder the album direct from the Symphonic Fantasies website (via the WDR Shop) for the retail price of 19.95 EUR, you are automatically entered in a contest. Five copies of the Symphonic Fantasies CD will be signed by all four of the veteran (ex) Square Enix composers: Uematsu, Kikuta, Shimomura, and Mitsuda.

However, the WDR Shop will only ship to European countries. So if you live outside of Europe, your only chance of getting in on this contest is to have a friend in Europe order for you. With luck, perhaps this contest will be made available in other regions in the future!

The total track time for the CD is 73 minutes, though a sixth "encore" track will be released with the digital version. The album was recorded in concert at Cologne Germany and mastered at Abbey Road Studios in London.

Check back in the coming weeks, as RPGFan will have an interview with "Symphonic Fantasies" concert and album producer Thomas Boecker.
Symphonic Fantasies

I was speaking idiomatically.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:45 AM Local time: Jul 14, 2010, 03:45 PM #206 of 206
I already got the autographs of all the composers in a fan meet earlier the day before the concert (on all my cds of these artists). We chatted about beer with Uematsu, and smoked out some info from Mitsuda about the CCAA (but nothing).

But I'll definitely think about buying the cd anyway - it was a DANDYFINE concert.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [News] Symphonic Fantasies Concert to Celebrate Music of Square Enix