Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

GFF Soundtrack - General Game Music

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:15 PM #26 of 99
Okay.

3 songs:

Album - Song - Composer

Dodonpachi DaiOuJou - Weird Dance (Stage 3) - Manabu Namiki
RayStorm - Toxoplasma (Stage 6 - Tamayo Kawamoto
Hotdog Storm(game rip) - Stage 1 - Fumito Tamayama, Shige Masco, Yoko

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:30 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 07:30 PM #27 of 99
Thanks for covering my ass while I was away Capo =p.
And thanks to everyone that took the incentive to start nominating.

Technically there is no limit as to how much you can nominate (I just said 10 minutes worth of music since its probable given with the number of participants.) Depending on the way it turns out I will most likely get back to you to narrow down your choices.

Originally Posted by Drakken
Yeah...I don't understand this rule at all. At first I thought it meant that someone can't nominate only songs from 1st-party titles. But if it means no songs from 1st-party titles can be nominated, I don't get the reasoning behind it.
I think this question has been beaten to death but I'll try to explain this more clearly.

The reasoning behind it is the other forums are technically covering the main 1st-party games. Basically anything that is not covered by the other gff VGM soundtracks is allowed here. One good example of this would be the ability to nominate Sega music.

Originally Posted by Teioh
Perhaps it means we're not allowed to nominate stuff that is already covered by another forum, like the Sony one, the Nintendo one or the RPG forum. This is only logical, but where does my precious hentai game music fit in? Western-dominated General PC Gaming? ;__;
If its purely a PC game then it would go to the general PC gaming album. Again if its on a console as well then I'd say its ok to nominate it.

::sigh:: After more thinking I can see the odd loophole. Even if it were on a PC and wonderswan would the game be allowed in both the General PC games and General Game Music? Or only the former?
I guess I'll bring that to Capo's attention. Though If it were completely up to me I would allow it, as it is on more than one platform.

Originally Posted by darkcomet72
EDIT: By only multi-platform console games go here, you seriously mean ONLY? Where do arcade games go?
Its not covered by the other gff albums, so you are allowed to nominate arcade game music.

Originally Posted by Drakken
With people already uploading songs to your ftp, how are we going to decide what songs make the album?
Well, if we do it my way then everyone gets a chance to submit at least a few songs. Of course this would instantly change if let's say 75 members participated. The system can't work if everyone could only choose a one minute song ._.

In such a event, some form of elimination (voting probably) would be done. Not sure quite yet what that might be. Maybe a quick and painful tournament of Chopper Challenge will settle things. Each loser automatically surrenders one or two minutes to the victor, depending on the number of participants .

I'm kidding.

Double Post:
Just a note. Sorry for the jumbled mess I call the first post of this thread.
Its been updated, it should make my intentions a little more clear.
Or not >_>

Anyway, carry on.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Kairyu; Apr 2, 2006 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Teioh
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 61

Level 21.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 05:03 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 12:03 PM #28 of 99
Only one nomination on my side, from Clover Heart's. The game's multiplatform for PC and PS2, I hope it goes in here. I'll see if something else comes to my mind the next days.

Clover Heart's Complete Tracks - looking for a Clover Heart's - Manyo (3:31)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 05:45 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 03:45 AM #29 of 99
I'm only nominating one track... Kahimi Karie - Blue Orb from the Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy (We <3 Katamari) Soundtrack. I hope you guys include this.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:11 AM #30 of 99
Where do H-games fall in all this?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:20 AM #31 of 99
What platform are they for? Genre of game doesn't determine eligibility.

If it's a PC game, then... err... on to the PC section I guess.

Most amazing jew boots
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 02:42 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 03:42 AM #32 of 99
The limitation on 1st-party games is pretty restrictive but I can sort of understand the rationale. I guess there go any hopes for nominating stuff from obscure PC games, especially non-English ones. Maybe I'll put in something for PC gaming instead but then... Fortunately, some of the older Ultima and Dune games were ported to the NES/SNES and Sega CD respectively so I could always fall back on those.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
I think therefore I am... I think.

Last edited by Elorin; Apr 2, 2006 at 02:48 PM.
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 05:11 AM #33 of 99
Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
What platform are they for? Genre of game doesn't determine eligibility.

If it's a PC game, then... err... on to the PC section I guess.
I honestly doubt the PC Games soundtrack will have any h-games on it; besides, they are much more fitting on our CD than theirs. We could always ask them to not use any so we could put them on ours.

On a similar note, I think Heroes of Might and Magic 4 - Hope and Ace Combat 5 - Reprisal deserve space on our CD for their success in last year's BSE contest (along with a Simcity track of some kind) even though they are technically ineligible.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 04:29 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 01:29 PM #34 of 99
No. Music from games for the PC go on the PC Gaming soundtrack. How hard is this?

el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:04 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:04 AM #35 of 99
From the PC gaming CD thread:

"#5: No obscure Japanese hentai dating sim thingies. While I realize some of the music is good, we want to keep an image of recognition."

I think that answers our H-game question. I would just like to add that if we do not have any H-game music on the CD I will be very disappointed.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:13 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 07:13 PM #36 of 99
Wait. H-Game music is on the PC, right? If I'm not mistaken, I'm going to have to lay down the law over in the PC Game thread.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:46 PM #37 of 99
Since the RPG album is now killed . . .

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Atmosphere 6

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 03:41 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 01:41 AM #38 of 99
Originally Posted by el jacko
From the PC gaming CD thread:

"#5: No obscure Japanese hentai dating sim thingies. While I realize some of the music is good, we want to keep an image of recognition."

I think that answers our H-game question. I would just like to add that if we do not have any H-game music on the CD I will be very disappointed.
H-GAME REVOLUTION ASSEMBLE

Aka - To the West [disqualified ]
IKUSABI O.S.T. - A Broken Heart [replacement for To the West]
Mama-san's Volley - Let Your Breasts Bounce - - Shinobu, Depressed at 15 (Shinobu's Theme)
Muv-Luv - Ambush
Poteneko Academy - New year's celebration

Discuss.

Undertale (PC, 2015)

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Apr 5, 2006 at 01:46 PM. Reason: updated list with replacement nom
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 08:06 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 09:06 PM #39 of 99
Some ancient classics that were surprisingly released on platforms other than PC. Was considering of nominating the 29s Sea Shanty theme from Ultima VII: The Black Gate but resisted the temptation. Will upload songs latest end of the week.

EDIT: Managed to find another nomination. Added it to my current list.

Ultima VI: The False Prophet (Game Rip) - Track 3 - "Bootup (Roland SCC-1)"
This track was recorded using the Roland SCC-1 soundcard. U6 was released for DOS, SNES and Commodore 64. Always thought it was for DOS and Mac. Currently my favourite piece of the three.

Ultima VI: The False Prophet (Game Rip) - Track 2 - "Character Creation (Roland SC-8850)"
Recorded with the Roland SC-8850.

Dune Original Game Audio - Track 7 - "Map of Arrakis"
Some might find this familiar... This is from Rimo's rip. Apparently, Dune doesn't go into PC gaming because it was also released for Sega CD.

Freedom Fighters Original Soundtrack - Track 6 - "The Battle for Freedom"
Forgot this was also released on multiple platforms. Rather enjoyed this track.

FELIPE NO
I think therefore I am... I think.

Last edited by Elorin; Apr 8, 2006 at 06:28 AM.
Teioh
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 61

Level 21.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:28 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 05:28 PM #40 of 99
Okay, so the PC Gaming Thread can keep their image of recognition for all I care. Additionally to Clover Heart's, I'll nominate two more tracks from multiplatform games:

Eien no Aselia Soundtrack - Fairy's act
Clannad Original Soundtrack - Hurry, Starfish

Dragon God
Tarantulas FTW

Member 1948

Level 14.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:45 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 12:45 PM #41 of 99
Originally Posted by CHz
H-GAME REVOLUTION ASSEMBLE
Here's more H-Game Music:

"Pink Planet Love ~Love is the Atmospheric Gravity of Dreams~" from Majokko de' GO♪ GO♪ ~Paul and Mira ★ Kuru's Epic Battle~

"c_01 fantasyland" from the first disc of Chrono Forest Stories ~Tear~ Soundtrack

"Are you fierce ?" from Hunks Work Shop!

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 03:24 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:24 AM #42 of 99
I've updated the rules once again. And yes, RPG music is allowed on this album . Just keep in mind that it cannot be a 1st party title (ie Super Mario RPG.)
And I suppose H-game music is ok provided it is a multi-platform title.

And for some of you that are nominating please provide a http link for those tracks or upload them to my ftp (which is now open.)

Originally Posted by Encephalon
I'm only nominating one track... Kahimi Karie - Blue Orb from the Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy (We <3 Katamari) Soundtrack. I hope you guys include this.
Didn't namco exclusively make the katamari series on sony's consoles and portable?
If that's the case, then I can't allow your nomination (as much as I like to .)

How ya doing, buddy?
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 02:25 PM #43 of 99
Originally Posted by Kairyu
And I suppose H-game music is ok provided it is a multi-platform title.
Actually, since PC H-games are disallowed from the PC Gaming OST, they fit in here under the clause of not fitting on any other album.

Which is probably for the best, since I'd have to drop a track or two from my PC list to fit one or two of these in.

And for some of you that are nominating please provide a http link for those tracks or upload them to my ftp (which is now open.)
Forgot to do that last night. Rectified!

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:58 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 03:58 PM #44 of 99
Since the RPG part of the soundtrack died I'm sending you two more songs. They're listed along with the other tracks I posted on the first page.

el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 09:48 AM #45 of 99
Here's an idea: what if we made our entire CD H-game music? I think it'd be hilarious, especially since I'm sure we can find an hour of really good H-VGM.

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 08:55 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 06:55 PM #46 of 99
Here's an idea: what if we made our entire CD H-game music? I think it'd be hilarious, especially since I'm sure we can find an hour of really good H-VGM.
That would be awesome, just on concept alone. Of course, there'd also be some kickass music on it.

BUT

Having such an album would require not only the creation of an H-game forum, but also that forum's retroactive addition to the soundtrack project.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't read that carefully enough. You meant to make this CD all H-game music and not an entirely new CD.

That one will be a lot harder, since we'd have to get a whole bunch of people to agree. Plus it'd probably make a lot of the non-H nominators a bit cranky to see all their picks discarded.

Undertale (PC, 2015)

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Apr 4, 2006 at 01:02 AM.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:54 AM #47 of 99
Hmm...this is harder than the company-specific forums. I suppose that's cause I was trying to think of current multi-platform titles, rather than say, Genesis games.

Beyond Good & Evil - Dancing with Domz
Beyond Good & Evil - Hyllian Suite
Burnout 2 - Title
Freedom Fighters - Main Title

Some well-known oldies:

Ristar (Genesis) - Ring Rink
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Mystic Cave Zone
Streets of Rage 2 - Go Straight

EDIT:

Something from DDR:

Burning Heat! (3 Option MIX)

FELIPE NO
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Apr 8, 2006 at 12:54 PM.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 05:54 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 12:54 AM #48 of 99
Not enough nominators.

I'd laugh and probably enjoy the CD then cry realizing I just defeated the purpose of a general game music CD.

Oh yeah, I've compiled a list of nomination I've obtained so far. If your nomination is not in here its most likely because its not eligible or you did not upload a copy to me.
No rush though, since no real time limit is set!

Nominations as of April 4th:
Blue_Kirby2:
Phantasy Star Online OST - A Song For Eternal Story (track 02, 1:37)
Phantasy Star Online OST - Mother Earth Of Dishonesty Part2 (track 06, 2:12)
Phantasy Star Online OST - From Seeing The Rough Wave (track 11, 1:29)
Burnout 2: Point of Impact (PS2 Game Rip) - Crystal Summit Peak (track 07, 3:24)
Prince of Persia Warrior Within OST - Explore the Catacombs (track 15, 1:30)
Prince of Persia Sands of Time OST - Chaos in the Zoo (track 20, 1:44)
Prince of Persia Sands of Time OST - The Tower of Dawn (track 28, 1:34)
Prince of Persia Sands of Time (cubed's Rip) - A Prisoner Seeking an Escape (track 29, 3:43)
Kingdom Hearts OST (disc 2) - Hollow Bastion (track 20, 2:26)
Kingdom Hearts II OST (disc 2) - Sinister Shadows (track 21, 1:12)
Simpsons Hit And Run - Mission 15 (track 38, 2:30)
Simpsons Hit And Run - Theme 9 (track 43, 4:41)

CHz:
Mama-san's Volley - Let Your Breasts Bounce - OST - Shinobu, Depressed at 15 (Shinobu's Theme) (track 04, 3:49)
Muv-Luv Original Soundtrack - Ambush (track 06, 2:47)
Atmosphere -Poteneko Academy OST 1&2- (disc 2) - mistral note - New year's celebration (°tm) (track 9, 3:58)
[-Aka-] Complete Edition Original Soundtrack - Primitive - (disc 2) - To the West (track 02, 4:47)

Darkcomet72:
Dodonpachi DaiOuJou - Weird Dance (Stage 3) (track 22, 2:59)
Hotdog Storm (Game Rip) - Stage 1 (track ??, 1:36)
RayStorm - Toxoplasma (Stage 6) (track 11, 3:07)

Teioh:
Clover Heart's Complete Tracks - looking for a Clover Hearts (track 02, 3:31)
Clannad Original SoundTrack (disc 1) - Hurry, Starfish (track 08, 4:18)
Eien no Aselia -The Spirit of Eternity Sword- OST - Fairy's act (track 21, 1:53)

Timberwolf:
Metal Gear Solid 2 OST - The Other Side - Yell "Dead Cell" (track 09, 2:00)
Soul Calibur II OST (Disc 1) - Eternal Struggle (track 11, 3:35)
Biohazard 2 OST - Ada's Theme (track 18, 1:23)
Prince of Persia Sands of Time (cubed's Rip) - Tower of Dawn (track 31, 5:02)

Last edited by Kairyu; Apr 4, 2006 at 01:56 PM.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 09:59 AM #49 of 99
Prince of Persia Sands of Time OST - Tower of Dawn (track 31, 5:02)
Kairyu, the version of Tower of Dawn I picked is actually from cubed's rip -- not the OST.

The OST version is extremely short at 1:34.

cubed's rip is better.

Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:46 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 12:46 PM #50 of 99
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
Kairyu, the version of Tower of Dawn I picked is actually from cubed's rip -- not the OST.
Quote:
Prince of Persia Sands of Time OST - A Prisoner Seeking an Escape (track 29, 3:43)
This track is also from cubed's rip and not the OST.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > GFF Soundtrack - General Game Music