Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Daigosso Band Brothers

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 07:09 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 11:09 PM #1 of 8
Daigosso Band Brothers

After playing the ultimate game that is Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, I remembered this game being talked about around here. Can someone tell me is it worth importing this game and how it compares to Ouendan?

I also remember reading here that the soundtrack is all MIDI... is it pretty bad or does it do its job well?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 07:28 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 01:28 AM #2 of 8
Some of it's okay, some of it isn't. I own it, and I wouldn't say it's better than Ouendan, but then again what is?

It's not like Ouendan or your typical music game. Your music is actually integrated into the song, so if you miss a beat you can really tell the difference.

I don't worry too much about the midi side of it. All I worry about is pro mode, because that's what pisses me off. Holding L and A then switching to X and R isn't as easy as it sounds. The DS' shoulder buttons are kind of difficult to use.

It has Shanghai Honey and Ready Steady Go, but I don't play them. They sound weird without lyrics, especially if you've played Ouendan first like I did. It's a pretty good game but I wouldn't consider it better than Ouendan. If you're looking to pick up all music games for the DS, this is one of them, but it isn't for everyone.

If you have a PS2, I highly recommend Pop'n Music. Probably the best bemani game series ever to be made. If I had a PSP I'd easily trade Daigasso for DJ MAX Portable or Taiko no Tatsujin Portaboloo, and yeah, Daigasso is definitely one of the weaker titles for the DS, but it's still nice to pick up occasionally and have a go at.

I uploaded some images of the little posters which are included with the game, and seeing as how the forums have been down since then I might as well upload them again. Enjoy.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 07:42 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 11:42 PM #3 of 8
So how do you play it?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 07:46 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 01:46 AM #4 of 8
Uh, well, the DS has controls, and you press them, and uh, you press them in time with the notes on the screen.

Yeah?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 07:59 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 11:59 PM #5 of 8
Does it require touch screen?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 09:02 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 03:02 AM #6 of 8
Yes and no. Some songs require you to press the touchscreen.

They do this because parts of the song are difficult, and all you need to do is touch the touchscreen to pass that block of notes. This doesn't happen in all songs, but the title screen and menus all require pressing of the touchscreen.

Basically, a few songs in non-pro mode go without using the touchscreen. A few do, and you're going to need to use your finger as it's too difficult to do it with a stylus. It just depends on the song, but once you've completed all the levels and you move on to pro mode, it becomes harder and touching is required.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 08:11 PM #7 of 8
Wait, what. Once you move on to Pro mode you don't have to use the touchscreen at all, it's only used for difficult songs on the easier levels. And it's not like you actually use the screen, you just touch it as if it were another button and it plays the difficult line for you.

The menus however require the touch screen. It's much easier to just use your fingers, after a while you just fly through the menus with both thumbs and you don't even notice it.

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 04:58 PM #8 of 8
Yeah, and pro mode is much harder.

Smoke on the Water is my favorite song. Most of the stuff in pro mode I'm unable to do - most of it requires you to press buttons along with the L/R buttons, which can be tricky. I'd probably play this game more often if I didn't have Ouendan or my PS2 bemani titles.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Daigosso Band Brothers