Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Without a Trace: Missing Games

Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:34 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 02:34 PM #26 of 40
Sonic Crackers is another example, it was a proof of concept ROM, which later became Knuckles' Chaotix. The ROM currently is floating around the numerous ROM sites and is very very rough. It's interesting that they ditched this game in favor of the 32x Chaotix.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 03:55 PM #27 of 40
Ultra Descent. I was watching that game in the "upcoming games" list in Nintendo Power for years, back in like Jr. High. Then one day it vanished and I slit my wrists.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:45 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 12:45 AM #28 of 40
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
Sonic Crackers is another example, it was a proof of concept ROM, which later became Knuckles' Chaotix. The ROM currently is floating around the numerous ROM sites and is very very rough. It's interesting that they ditched this game in favor of the 32x Chaotix.
They didn't ditch it... just removed Sonic and Tails in favor of introducing a zoo.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Circle-K
Do it to it!

Member 3124

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 07:22 PM #29 of 40
Well, let's see.

Capcom Fighting All-Stars was canned due to negative feedback (even from those who never laid a hand on the beta) and due to a big money loss. Which is also why Dead Phoenix and Red Dead Revolver were canned. Rockstar picked up the RDR license a couple years later, though.

Capcom Fighting Jam was released in its place, which didn't please any of the fans at all.

I was speaking idiomatically.
S?ecter
You're a woman, I'm a machine

Member 1665

Level 11.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:29 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 08:29 PM #30 of 40
Starcraft 2, I've seen screenshots, and release dates, but nothing ever surfaced, same with Starcraft: Ghost. I'd LOVE to see a starcraft 2, or an FPS set in the universe like Ghost.

One game that was also half-scrapped was deus ex: clan wars. This was what now is Project: Snowblind. It was supposed to be the third Deus Ex game, after the second bombed badly. The game started going so shittily though that Warren Spector quit the design team, and the Deus Ex part of it was scrapped, leaving the empty barren wasteland of terrible gaming[savepoints, on a pc game, eugghhhhhh!] that is Project: Snowblind.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - W.B. Yeats

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:48 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:48 PM #31 of 40
Originally Posted by speculative
The Van Buren Project, i.e. Fallout 3. I heard this is back in production again, though. We will see.
The Van Buren Project, AKA Fallout 3, is officially dead. It will never be revived, as the team making it has disbanded and all the work that they had put into it was basically scrapped. They even got as far as having a working 3d engine and game world. However, Bethesda (creator of the Elder Scrolls series, including the upcoming Oblivion) has acquired the rights to Fallout and said that they will be making Fallout 3 on the Oblivion engine, and hinted that the game would be first person instead of isometric. So...Fallout 3 may still be alive, but Van Buren is dead.

Star Fox 2 was my other big one. After playing the ROM of the near-final version, I simply can't understand why they stopped working on it at that stage. It has many features that even Star Fox 64 was missing.

FELIPE NO
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:55 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:55 PM #32 of 40
Originally Posted by S?ecter
Starcraft 2, I've seen screenshots, and release dates, but nothing ever surfaced, same with Starcraft: Ghost. I'd LOVE to see a starcraft 2, or an FPS set in the universe like Ghost.
Starcraft 2 has never been in development, as far as anyone not at Blizzard knows. No release dates. No screenshots. Nothing.

Starcraft: Ghost, however, is just being delayed to all hell. It's still on track for a release this year. I'm afraid it might turn out like Warcraft Adventures though, finished but never released.

On that note, I'd really like Blizzard to release Warcraft Adventures anyway. I'd love to see why they thought it wasn't good enough for release in the first place.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:06 AM #33 of 40
DragonKind
Some new company (TriLunar) popped up on the scene all of a sudden and had an awesome vision for an action rpg and other games.

They only had AWESOME concept art to back up their claims ( more here: http://www.joemadfan.com/gallery/p17_sectionid/15) but needless to say, I was extremely exited. They left the industry as quietly as they came though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gakineko
You're sukiyaki!

Member 3199

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:21 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 10:21 PM #34 of 40
On a less technical note, after finishing Kabuki- Quantum Fighter (NES) the main character said "thank you for playing, look for me in my next adventure"..... but alas... he has yet to appear in a second adventure...

How ya doing, buddy?
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:34 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 08:34 AM #35 of 40
Quote:
Posted by Claliel
I'm still waiting for Valkyrie Wilde: Full Frontal Assault.
I certainly hope you're just being silly.

Quote:
Posted by Solis
Star Fox 2 was my other big one. After playing the ROM of the near-final version, I simply can't understand why they stopped working on it at that stage. It has many features that even Star Fox 64 was missing.
From what I've gathered, Star Fox 64 WAS the reason they canned it. They wanted to use a new Star Fox game as one of the big selling points of the N64, and releasing another SF game right before the 64's launch would make gamers less anxious to run out and get the 64. Intentional market starvation, you could say. Not one of Nintendo's better decisions.

I've always wanted to see what the original Japanese version of Monster Party looked like. The game we got in the US was pretty heavily modified from what looked like a rather gruesome little game. Unfortnately, for reasons unknown, the Japanese version was never released, and no prototypes have ever surfaced.

How ya doing, buddy?
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:34 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 03:34 PM #36 of 40
MARIO PAINT 64 looked pretty cool back then, but they didn't announced an update for GAMECUBE which I'm pretty sure they kept for the REVOLUTION and that weird, but fun-looking controller.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:48 PM #37 of 40

i wasn't ever really looking forward to it, but it would have been cool.

Originally Posted by NES World
Developed as an NES game that would contain extra RAM and a processor inside the game cartridge. It would allow 16- bit quality games on the 8-bit Nintendo deck. Delays occurred because of problems syncing the cartridge’s processor with the game decks processor. As the 8-bit market died it soon became impossible to expect customers to pay the $99.00 it would cost to create the NES “Super cartridge”and the project abandoned.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ekon
Carob Nut

Member 44

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 05:48 PM #38 of 40
Starcraft : Ghost, I'm hoping this doesn't turn into Duke Nukem Forever :doh:

As for those curious about Warcraft : Lord of the Clans, Blizzard turned it into a novel instead, http://www.blizzard.com/books/lordof...-excerpt.shtml

Most amazing jew boots

Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:02 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 06:02 PM #39 of 40
Originally Posted by evilboris
They didn't ditch it... just removed Sonic and Tails in favor of introducing a zoo.
Yeah, they could have at least given the Sonic Team one more shot at a Genesis Sonic game, instead of having them drop out of Sonic games for four years, which guarenteed us lots of crap in between.
I'd also like to give a shoutout to Sonic 2 Beta. While most of the game made it inot Sonic 2, it's a shame the Hidden Palace, Wood Zone, Cyber City Zone(aka Genocide City Zone) never made it into the final game (which is why I'm eagerly anticipating version 2.0 of this hack).

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:58 PM #40 of 40
I too wanted to see Capcom Fighting All Stars and was more disappointed with CFE. The 3D screens for CFAS looked so awesome...it really angers me now that they decided to scrap it!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Without a Trace: Missing Games