Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Video Game Music Quiz

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:35 PM #76 of 256
Only got #268. Some of them sound familiar to me, but I can't remember what they're from. Man, my memory is horrible. :-/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:03 PM #77 of 256
Hi people. I signed up for these forums because I was looking for a place to talk to people about this quiz, and I found this thread through google. =D

I have one pending answer, but if that goes through, then I'll be at 202 points. I only got 262 and 268 out of the last ten, though.

Most songs I can get if I've heard them before, but there are a few I've listened hundreds of times and can't remember the game for the life of me (like #60, ugh)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:21 PM #78 of 256
Hi, Knight. Welcome to GFF.

Originally Posted by TheKnightOfNee
Most songs I can get if I've heard them before, but there are a few I've listened hundreds of times and can't remember the game for the life of me (like #60, ugh)
Man, I can't remember that one either! Of all the ones that sound familiar to me, that's the one I'm most sure I've heard before. :-/

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 09:26 PM #79 of 256
Originally Posted by Drakken
Originally Posted by TheKnightOfNee
Man, I can't remember that one either! Of all the ones that sound familiar to me, that's the one I'm most sure I've heard before. :-/
It's from my favorite soundtrack for the system. I've actually considered nominating an extended version of track #60 for SotW, but never too strongly.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 01:00 PM #80 of 256
Game over?
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
I knew it was going to happen, my cynicism would not have allowed otherwise. Yet, after reading this thread I still feel a bit disappointed. Thanks to these few individuals, the playing field is no longer fair. In the past I could watch people who made multiple accounts, but I cannot police the internet.

As of today the top list is disabled, and the members list is no longer sorted by rank. You still have your statistics listed under your profile, so you can compete with friends, family, whomever, but you’ll need to do it on your own. I can no longer trust people enough to have a site based-ranking system.

I could take away the answer list, but that won’t solve the problem completely. People can still compile lists of correct answers. I’m not going to take down the site; I’ve had plenty of positive feedback and I’m not going to let a handful of children bring it down. But unfortunately due to a few base people, it may not be quite as enjoyable as it was before.
Perhaps we can have a master list for ourselves?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Darkcomet72; Jul 17, 2006 at 01:15 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 05:13 PM #81 of 256
Well, that explains the disgusting scores some people had.

Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
Perhaps we can have a master list for ourselves?
Why not!

I scanned the member list and pulled names of people I recognized and looked like they've been participating at least somewhat recently. If you want your name included, let me know, and give me your VGMQ name in case it's different from your GFF name.

Removals from the list will cost $5 or a polite request.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
KyleDunamis
Good Chocobo

Member 3720

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 08:51 PM #82 of 256
I'm CCKenny on there

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 09:05 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 06:05 PM #83 of 256
Man that Sonic Cult list has some SPOILERS, but I'm going to refrain from looking and play fair.

(Okay, I looked at the first one, but only because it was driving me insane. I won't submit it unless I happen to come across the answer in the future, fairly and by chance, of course.)

Anyway, I haven't even participated in this for a while. Perhaps I'll get to it later this week.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 04:44 AM #84 of 256
I saw the first one on that list posted, but I went and started playing video games to make myself forget it, and I have forgotten it now, thankfully. I'll bookmark that page though, just in case I ever want to find out.

I clicked CHz's link, and for some reason thought I was still reading the most current post. I got to the part of his post that was made months ago, and went, "Wow! 24 new tracks?!" :doh:

Sequel_Boy
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9942

Level 2.86

Jul 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:15 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 10:15 AM #85 of 256
Hi there!

I, too, was looking for a place to discuss the quiz. Thanks to those bastages from Sonic Cult forums, all the scores are gone and, well, my motivation to pass Megamatt is gone heh.

Now I don't know if you want me to tag along because you may think that we cheated to have the scores that we have but I can swear to god that Megamatt is just a game music genious. I know him pretty well since we're both on the minibosses message board at theshizz.org.

For my part, I've made non-stop reserch for those awnsers until the whole Sonic forum event occured. I must say that maybe 20% of my awnsers comes from friends of mine who wanted to help me to get the top spot of the quiz so I don't have any merit of doing the quiz alone.

I'm really happy to see that the whole community of this board is lively and friendly and I sure hope that I can join you guys!

Peace

cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:37 AM #86 of 256
damn I'm so bad... 127 compared to 382.... at least I'm not the last O_o....

Most amazing jew boots

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
Sequel_Boy
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9942

Level 2.86

Jul 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:48 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 01:48 AM #87 of 256
New track viewing modes are up
Also, check out DarkWolf' suggestion about creating groups. What do you guys think about that?

FELIPE NO
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 02:35 AM #88 of 256
Just noticed the update. I wish it would've been more tracks instead, and the sorting methods later. I haven't got any new songs in the past week.

A group for people would be a good idea, as we kind of have one going already.

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 05:40 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 03:40 AM #89 of 256
Yeah, I wish there were new tracks too, but the new sorting methods are kinda cool. I used them briefly to snag two tracks I passed by earlier (like #142... how could I POSSIBLY have not known that right away ;__;). I really need to go back through all the tracks again some time soon.

And I'm proud to say that I have guessed all four 1-pointers correctly!

The 2's and above are another story.

Regarding groups, I think they'd be a great idea; it'd be less maintenance than updating the first post, and the scores'd presumably be instantly updated. I filled out the feedback form saying that they're something I'd like to see, providing that he doesn't spend so much time implementing them that we go updateless for a long while.

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 07:24 PM #90 of 256
I went back and got one of the 2-pointers. I knew what series it was from; I just had to do some searching to find the specific title.

It's been awhile since he's updated with more songs. :-/

EDIT: Got a 3-pointer as well. 3 more points to 200!

EDIT^2: Woohoo; got a 4-pointer (that I should've gotten the first time)! 201 now.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Drakken; Jul 30, 2006 at 08:02 PM.
Sequel_Boy

Member 9942

Level 2.86

Jul 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 08:34 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 09:34 PM #91 of 256
Two tracks are driving me nuts right now...
#86 and #142...I'm not gonna sleep happy until I find em

Jockolantern
Lasagna Connoisseur

Member 7035

Level 1.47

May 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:19 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 10:19 AM #92 of 256
Wow, #65 brings back memories from long, long ago! Not surprised at how few of us know it, as it was and is a pretty obscure game. Great to see it up there though. Also, I seem to notice a rather unhealthy obsession with Sega Genesis music in this quiz. I mean, either that, or I just don't know my Genesis music worth diddly squat... which I don't. Almost up to 100 points by now, which is sadly low, considering how much music I thought I knew by this point in my video gaming life. Tons of tracks that sound immensely familiar to me, but I'm just the slightest breadth away from having the game titles click in my brain.

#22! My introduction to shareware games as a young kid of 11 or 12, and what a great game it was too. I was actually hoping this game's music popped up somewhere in the quiz... and there it was!

~Jockolantern~

Last edited by Jockolantern; Jul 31, 2006 at 12:53 PM.
Sequel_Boy

Member 9942

Level 2.86

Jul 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:45 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 02:45 PM #93 of 256
Bleh, I don't know the awnser to those heh

Yeah, there's a big amount of sega games on that quiz. When I realized that, i've made a huge GYM file reserch and well...look at my points. I never played half of those games but still, I found em heh.

Maybe I have too much time on my hands...

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 04:46 PM #94 of 256
Hey, I know one of those two tracks you mentioned, Sequel Boy. But not the other three recently mentioned.

I too, noticed the large amount of Sega Genesis songs. There are also a decent number of Master System songs too. I'm really unfamiliar with most Sega games, unfortunately, so I don't know what to look through to find a bunch of these.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 05:35 PM #95 of 256
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you two. I never owned a Sega system growing up; I only just got a Genesis in the past year. So, that's my main weakness.

Most amazing jew boots

SonicPanda
You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!

Member 5153

Level 23.81

Apr 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:46 PM #96 of 256
384 points here personally, having just put in 262, 264, 267, and 268. I'm 95% sure I know 265, but I'd like to be certain before I put that 100% correct in jeopardy.

And there's cheaters now? Lousy dinks.

EDIT: Whoops, 398. Forgot to put in the ones the Best Song Contest helped me out with.

DAMN good coffee!

September 2007: Waiting for Godot...

Last edited by SonicPanda; Aug 2, 2006 at 12:01 AM.
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:22 PM #97 of 256
Going back is fun. I got #16, #163, and #189, upping my score to 300. Excellent.

I don't really think there is much of a bias torwards the Genesis particularly; perhaps you guys's lack of knowledge of the system makes it seem that way?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 03:14 AM #98 of 256
Well, compared to songs from Nintendo games that seemed just as well known to me, the Genesis ones have been worth less points. There are some games that I've never met a single person whose played it, and they've been worth 2 or 3 points.

Also, I wish he'd update with some more songs. It's been forever. =/

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sequel_Boy

Member 9942

Level 2.86

Jul 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 09:05 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 10:05 AM #99 of 256
I see that some of you have 100% accuracy but is there someone like me who completely entered the wrong game even tho you knew the right awnser? It happenned to me for #195 and #97. It's like, you're 100% sure of your awnser and afterwards your all like ahhhhh &?$?%$/

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:19 PM #100 of 256
5 new tracks have been added! I guessed for #271(), and #273(). #272 seems pretty doable with a bit of intuition, I might be able to find it.

One thing, though, #271 is OBVIOUS, and it still says pending. What happened to the automated grading system? I can't get that wrong...

EDIT: NVM got them right. Upped score to 304.

EDIT2: Got #272. That was pretty easy. Anyone with a similar hunch, you're probably right. Up my score to 310.

Last edited by Darkcomet72; Aug 8, 2006 at 01:41 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Video Game Music Quiz