Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Fortnight - FORTNIGHT 253 Voting/FORTNIGHT 254 Nominating

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:09 AM Local time: Oct 31, 2011, 04:09 AM #1 of 23
Song of the Fortnight - FORTNIGHT 253 Voting/FORTNIGHT 254 Nominating

Song of the Fortnight. 125 Fortnights and counting.
Fortnight 253 Voting is lime.
Fortnight 254 Nominating is lime.

Theme Week
Today is Halloween, so obviously it's time for non-stop polka hour here at SotF. No that is silly, of course we'll be celebrating with spooky music, or at least music that is tangentially relatable to All Hallows' Eve.

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Bio Hazard Symphony Op. 91 Crime and Punishment - Demise of Mankind Mass in B minor
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Dead Space 2 Original Videogame Score - Say Hello To My Little Friends
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Dimahoo (Game Rip) - DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Kamaitachi no Yoru Special Arrange Pack - Night of the Kamaitachi
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Muppet Monster Adventure (Game Rip) - Hallways of Doom
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: NiGHTS ~Journey of Dreams~ Original Soundtrack - D'Force Master
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Song of Saya Original Soundtrack - Song of Saya I

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 7 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

Notes:
"Say Hello To My Little Friends" came from iTunes, so if the fact that I transcoded it from M4A makes you scream in agony, the original can be found in the extras folder.

Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotF server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotFexperience for everyone. Server information:
Spoiler:
* Host: ftp.sotw.info
* Username: nominations@sotw.info (that is the actual username; not an e-mail address)
* Password: gff
* Port: 21

Fortnight 254 Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Nov 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: fuck you tails
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:30 AM #2 of 23
Lucky #1 777 week! Many demon summon night to be much proud!

Bio Hazard Symphony Op. 91 Crime and Punishment - Demise of Mankind Mass in B minor So orchestrated Resident Evil songs have opus numbers now? And there have been 91 of them? I think that may be scariest of all. As far as "scary harpsichord/organ" music goes, this isn't bad. I thought more of Cap'n Nemo than Dracula, admittedly, but he was kinda scary too.

Dead Space 2 Original Videogame Score - Say Hello To My Little Friends Creepy inverted kids' song? Check. Massive slashing horror music? Check. Exploded by a suicide baby before being torn to shreds by dead preschoolers with claws? Check.

Dimahoo (Game Rip) - DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last) The synth wails do succeed in making this shmup song vaguely spooky, but I have to wonder if the hyperactive-by neccessity shmup genre is the best place to plumb for spookytunes.

Kamaitachi no Yoru Special Arrange Pack - Night of the Kamaitachi So we have the Spooky Organ, the Creepy Kids' Song, and now the Atmospheric Piano to check off the list of spookytune cliches. I love me some moody piano, spooky or no.

Muppet Monster Adventure (Game Rip) - Hallways of Doom The theremin makes what would otherwise be a funky Latin tune spooky enough to qualify. And that funky grunting? I'm guessing acapalla vampire.

NiGHTS ~Journey of Dreams~ Original Soundtrack - D'Force Master Turns out I was thinking of a different Nights song of the same name. This one is clearly an arrangement of that same tune, with the same demented childrens' chorus mixed way down. It fits the bill.

Song of Saya Original Soundtrack - Song of Saya I The synths are kind of spooky, but the singers' J-pop delivery kind of undermines the atmosphere (granted, J-pop is horrifying, but it's a different kind of horror).

The Point Spread
Say Hello To My Little Votes - 3 pts.
Indiana Jones and the Hallways of Doom - 1 pt.
Night of the Kimchi - 1 pt.
D'Farce Master - 1 pt.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by orion_mk3; Nov 2, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2011, 05:38 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2011, 03:38 PM #3 of 23
  • Album: GUITAR FREAKS 3rdMIX & drummania 2ndMIX soundtracks
  • Artist: Jimmy Weckl (Harumi Ueko), Hideyuki Ono
  • Composer: Jimmy Weckl (Harumi Ueko)
  • Disc #: 1 (of 2)
  • Track #: 15
  • Track Title: CENTAUR
  • Catalogue Number: KMCA-78~9
  • Year: 2000
  • Additional Info: Where the fuck is Jimmy Weckl's solo album, Konamistyle.
  • Source: KMCA-78~9 | GUITAR FREAKS 3rdMIX & drummania 2ndMIX soundtracks - VGMdb

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2011, 04:04 PM #4 of 23
If I held up my end here instead of getting distracted by work/life, we would be at eight noms. Instead, I'll have to throw up a vote:

(3 points) Muppet Monster Adventure (Game Rip) - Hallways of Doom: Jazzy foreboding with some unintended Carribean island flair. Me likey.

(2 points) Dimahoo (Game Rip) - DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last): Not that scary, but sufficiently enjoyable.

(1 point) Dead Space 2 Original Videogame Score - Say Hello To My Little Friends: Alright, it definitely gets the orchestral scary stuff down pat.

Most amazing jew boots
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:28 PM #5 of 23
Not half as terrifying as Week 249.

EDIT: WAIT WTF THIS WEEK IS AMAZING

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Darkcomet72; Nov 2, 2011 at 09:38 PM.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:14 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2011, 11:14 AM #6 of 23
Votes!

(3 points) NiGHTS ~Journey of Dreams~ Original Soundtrack - D'Force Master

(2 points) Dimahoo (Game Rip) - DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last)

(1 point) Song of Saya Original Soundtrack - Song of Saya I

Special mention for "Hallways of Doom".

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I think therefore I am... I think.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2011, 12:45 PM #7 of 23
Om Nom Nom:
Album: Bomberman Live Battlefest
Composer: Disasterpeace (Rich Vreeland)
Track #: 1
Track Title: Bomberfunk
Year: 2009
Additional Info: Bomberman + Disasterpeace. It's like they read my mind. (Also: looped for her pleasure).
Source: Bandcamp

FELIPE NO
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:07 PM Local time: Nov 7, 2011, 07:07 PM #8 of 23
<<3 Points>> Bio Hazard Symphony Op. 91 Crime and Punishment - Demise of Mankind Mass in B minor
<<2 Points>> Muppet Monster Adventure (Game Rip) - Hallways of Doom
<<1 Point>> Dimahoo (Game Rip) - DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last)

How ya doing, buddy?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2011, 01:54 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2011, 04:54 PM 1 #9 of 23
Home alone CHECK night time CHECK thunderstorm outside CHECK fortnightly VGM thing CHECK - SOTHALLOWEEN GOGOGO

Organ is always sex, so I give Bio Hazard Symphony Op. 91 Crime and Punishment - Demise of Mankind Mass in B minor the thumbs up. This one has some spine-tingling moments, though these are not inspired by fear exactly. I would definitely play this over breakfast, maybe brunch, if I had my own scary manor. Enjoyability: 8. Scariness: 5.

Dead Space 2 Original Videogame Score - Say Hello To My Little Friends had better spook me or : orionragefist :. It does put me on edge, if only because it never decides to settle down: this is to the track's credit. It runs the whole gamut of spooky clichés well though sacrifices some memorability in the process. 0:58-1:38 sticks with me though and makes me think this track would go well in my bathroom. Enjoyability: 6. Scariness: 8

Sorry I'm just not feeling Dimahoo (Game Rip) - DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last). It's barely passable as a Halloween nom IMO and as such I can only judge it as a normal song, how boring. Could possibly play in the trap chamber which actually doesn't work. Enjoyability: 4. Scariness: 1.

Kamaitachi no Yoru Special Arrange Pack - Night of the Kamaitachi is average dark piano, average scary. I don't think I'll be revisiting it but it provides a nice ambience. Definitely the doorbell tune. Enjoyability: 5. Scariness: 5.

Cool nom! Muppet Monster Adventure (Game Rip) - Hallways of Doom is a fun romp that gets me tapping my feet, but not maliciously so. This would play when I fed the bats or danced with the ghosts. Enjoyability: 8. Scariness: 4.

NiGHTS ~Journey of Dreams~ Original Soundtrack - D'Force Master has Kobayashi's fingerprints all over it. It's got a pleasing masquerade or deathcarnival theme to it, which is hampered only by some irksome samples. Neat climax by the way. This is certainly a piece for sex parties. Enjoyability: 7. Scariness: 6

Song of Saya Original Soundtrack - Song of Saya I isn't exactly scary, but I think it makes up for that with a whole bucket full of eerie chills. A lovely swaying melody with gorgeous cadence is contrasted with some twisted goings on which give the song an unsettling sound. I also vehemently reject orion's assessment that the vocal delivery is j-pop! However I will say that this is a good song for romantic dates (ideally not with hideous ghouls but ya can't win 'em all). Enjoyability: 9. Scariness: 8.

the POINT of a musical manor is to justify VGM infatuation right?

3 points: Song of Saya Original Soundtrack - Song of Saya I
2 points: Dead Space 2 Original Videogame Score - Say Hello To My Little Friends
1 point: Bio Hazard Symphony Op. 91 Crime and Punishment - Demise of Mankind Mass in B minor [because everyone needs brunch]
4th: NiGHTS ~Journey of Dreams~ Original Soundtrack - D'Force Master
5th: Muppet Monster Adventure (Game Rip) - Hallways of Doom
6th: Kamaitachi no Yoru Special Arrange Pack - Night of the Kamaitachi
7th: Dimahoo (Game Rip) - DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last)

The storm's still raging and I'm still not scared, oh well at least I have BRUNCH

horror gasp

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:30 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2011, 05:30 PM #10 of 23
Well I was planning on voting last night, but instead I just ended up listening to some dummy narrate books in Skyrim for a few hours. Guess I'm here now though, so that's cool.

Things that would also be cool: votes and nominations.

3 points: Bio Hazard Symphony Op. 91 Crime and Punishment - Demise of Mankind Mass in B minor
1 point: Dimahoo (Game Rip) - DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last)
1 point: Kamaitachi no Yoru Special Arrange Pack - Night of the Kamaitachi
1 point: Muppet Monster Adventure (Game Rip) - Hallways of Doom
yes: Say Hello To My Little Friends, D'Force Master, Song of Saya I

This week is pretty fantastic. Like, I'm-not-giving-points-to-Hideaki-Kobayashi levels of fantastic. Hardest point spread I've put together in a while.

If I had known we were going to do this, I probably would've saved "TEMPEST" from the Bio Hazard album, since it's a bit Halloweenier than the organ piece (those intro chords are p. spooky though), but whatever. I saw an opportunity to nominate another of the three whoamazing tunes from the Bio Hazard album and hells yes I am jumping on that. Best organing I have heard in VGM: [X]

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2011, 09:26 PM #11 of 23
'sup guys

Hallways of Doom - 2 pts.
Night of the Kamaitachi - 1 pt.
D'Force Master - 1 pt.
Song of Saya - 1 pt.
Demise of Mankind Mass in B Minor - 1 pt.

Nothing really grabbed me this week. Hallways of Doom gets an extra point for making me smile.

Dark Sky is crazy. And not in a good way.

I don't listen to vgm nearly as much as I used to, but I'll try to throw a nom up soon.

Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:06 PM #12 of 23
1 point: DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last)
1 point: D'Force Master
1 point: Demise of Mankind Mass in B Minor
1 point: Night of the Kamaitachi
1 point: Hallways of Doom
1 point: Say Hello To My Little Friends
just missed: Song of Saya I

Every week should be Halloween Theme Week. So goooooood omfg

Many apologies to Song of Saya I; I did enjoy it a lot, most notably when the door turns into a laser at 1:27.

Anyway, my next nom:

Game: Operation Logic Bomb
Composer: Yasuyuki Suzuki
Track: Base 2
Track #: 10 on SPC rip
Catalog #: n/a
Year: 1993
Source: Game profile: Operation Logic Bomb ~ SNESmusic.org
Additional Info: So I just noticed that this soundtrack has been redumped recently, with more accurate track titles, and a track exclusive to the Japanese version. Pretty cool! My previous nom from this soundtrack - "Level 4", is now titled "Logic Core", by the way.

I won't be able to upload this until tomorrow, though hopefully no later.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:18 AM #13 of 23
Let's see if I can remember how to do this.

Album: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Official Game Soundtrack
Artist: Adam Skorupa
Track Title: A Watering Hole in the Harbor
Track #: 10
Catalog #: N/A
Year: 2011
Source: VGMDB

I've only listened through this soundtrack once, but this track jumped out at me as being pretty nice, if a bit simple. Is The Witcher 2 obscure enough?

Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:47 AM Local time: Nov 14, 2011, 04:47 PM #14 of 23
Nomination #73

Composer: Yoh Ohyama
Album: Legend of Gold Wind
Track Title: Legend
Track Number: 1
Year: 2011
Catalog Number: AS-0002
Additional Information: cheatin'

cheatin' my way to the FTP

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:15 AM Local time: Nov 14, 2011, 10:15 PM #15 of 23
Have been listening to quite a lot of the newer Granado Espada tracks lately and there are a number that stood out for me, including this new nom:

* Album Title: Granado Espada OST Vol.3
* Artist: S.F.A.
* Track Title: Jeremy
* Source: Granado Espada Renaissance ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK Vol.3 - VGMdb
* File Location: Nominations folder
* Disc Number: 2 (of 3)
* Track Number: 10
* Catalogue Number: NA
* Year: 2010

Also... Christmas Week?!?!

FELIPE NO
I think therefore I am... I think.

Last edited by Elorin; Nov 14, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:19 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2011, 07:19 PM #16 of 23
2 points: Bio Hazard Symphony Op. 91 Crime and Punishment - Demise of Mankind Mass in B minor
2 points: Muppet Monster Adventure (Game Rip) - Hallways of Doom
1 point: Dimahoo (Game Rip) - DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last)
1 point: Song of Saya Original Soundtrack - Song of Saya I

Figures I begin listening intently to this selection on the day we get our first storm this winter. Freakin' wet outside.

Nomination:
  • Album: Hokuto no Ken: Fist of the North Star (Game Rip)
  • Artist: Kennosuke Suemura, Hiroshi Ebihara
  • Track #: 7
  • Track Title: Lynn's Village
  • Year: 2005
  • Source: File tags

Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:31 PM #17 of 23
Thanksgiving theme week? Nominate your biggest turkey of a track?

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:06 AM Local time: Nov 16, 2011, 05:06 AM #18 of 23
Oh, it seems like we only have seven noms. I don't really want to make this a thing, so if someone feels like tossing in an eighth by the time Wednesday ends, that'd be neat.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:49 AM #19 of 23
manwesulimo2004 nominated three songs at once before he vanished from our lives forever. If we're hard up for noms you could just grab one of his spares.

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:47 AM Local time: Nov 17, 2011, 03:47 AM #20 of 23
Yeah, I guess we can do that.

1). [12] Muppet Monster Adventure (Game Rip) - Hallways of Doom
2). [11] Bio Hazard Symphony Op. 91 Crime and Punishment - Demise of Mankind Mass in B minor
3). [8] Dimahoo (Game Rip) - DARK SKY ~ Boss 3 (Last)
4). [7] Dead Space 2 Original Videogame Score - Say Hello To My Little Friends
5-t). [6/4.5] NiGHTS ~Journey of Dreams~ Original Soundtrack - D'Force Master
5-t). [6/4.5] Song of Saya Original Soundtrack - Song of Saya I
7). [4] Kamaitachi no Yoru Special Arrange Pack - Night of the Kamaitachi

Night of the Kamaitachi was great, you guys. (And I'm not saying that only because it's not Vocal Theme ~Sappy Piano Ballad Ver.~, it's legit good.)

Although to be honest I'd be no matter which track came in last.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:34 AM #21 of 23
Figures, we chose the song with the second lowest scariness quotient as measured in Adjusted Muzza Units (AMU). Then again I'm shocked that Dead Space (AMU: 8) was within a point of placing. I guess shock is a kind of scare. Success!

Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:39 AM Local time: Nov 17, 2011, 06:39 PM #22 of 23
Gold #5! (lol lousy track record)

First gold since week 195, Yuletide Week, like 2 years ago.

FYI

orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:46 AM 1 #23 of 23
It seems that we need to hold more holiday-themed weeks so Draconis can win them.

FELIPE NO

Tags
halloweenier, nights track is broken, oxymoron, shin is gay, sotw halolween, way to go chz fag

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Fortnight - FORTNIGHT 253 Voting/FORTNIGHT 254 Nominating