Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

GFF Meat '10

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:22 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2010, 07:22 PM 5 #1 of 23
GFF Meat '10

I know recipe threads tend to be frown upon, but as it's a given that any of us who would post recipes in here is not bull-shit copying from other sources on the internet as proven throughout the Meet week, I think this was appropriate to start a thread that contains ALL the fabulously delicious recipes that our cooks shared with us during the GFF MEAT this year. (Big thank you to all the cooks, chefs, clean-up helpers and dish-washers; you know who you are <333333333)

Anyhow, since this was one of the successful entrees I've done at the meet, here's my Teri-stew chicken:

Shorty's Pseudo-Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Ingredients (by order of usage):
- 1 pack of Party Wings, or chicken wings (whatever is available)
- Salt
- Pepper
- Ginger (fresh is preferred)
- Garlic
- Crushed Red Chili Pepper (or flakes, whatever you got)
- Oil (I used olive oil at the meet, vegetable oil would do fine too)
- Sesame Seed Oil (yes, you do need this)
- Sake
- Mirin (Sweet Cooking Wine)
- Soy Sauce

Directions:
  1. Take the chicken, rinse, and pat dry with paper towels.
  2. Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper, sprinkle a little bit of red pepper if you wish.
  3. Grate or chop about a teaspoon and a half of both garlic and ginger. If you're lazy like I am or incompetent with a knife, it is totally acceptable to use store-bought minced/sliced/crushed/grated/pasted ginger or garlic in a jar/tube/powder ...you get the idea. About 1.5 tsp each or so should do.
  4. Heat your pan up to a good high heat (not scalding hot, but hot enough), and add about a tablespoon or two of vegetable/olive oil, and about a third of that amount of sesame seed oil.
  5. Toss the garlic and ginger in the oil/pan, and swish around with a wooden spoon/chopsticks.
  6. Before the garlic and ginger starts turning color, place the chicken down in the pan with the pretty skin side down.
  7. Turn down the heat to about medium-high and continue browning one side of the chicken (about 3~5 minutes should do).
  8. Flip the wings over with tongs or chopsticks and brown the other side(s) for another 3 or so minutes. It's quite important that the outside gets crispy.
  9. Once all sides are evenly seared, turn down the heat to medium, and add about 1/4 cup~1/3 cup of sake, 2 Tbsp of Mirin, and about 1.5Tbsp of soy sauce.*
  10. Stew for about 5 minutes each on both sides.
  11. At this point, if you wish to thicken the sauce, you may with a little bit of corn starch, but once the chicken sucks up the caramelized color of the soy sauce and you're confident it's not raw near the bone, it's pretty much done.
  12. plate, sprinkle some sesame seeds and scallions if you wish, and serve.

*Note: Sake and Mirin, if not available, are totally replaceable. I've used some sweet white wine/Riesling for substitution of Sake before. Also at the meet, I ran out of Mirin the second time I cooked these so I used sugar in place of Mirin.

All of these ingredients are relatively easy to find at any large supermarket. I found them in Scarborough, ME.

For picture instructions, see here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Shorty; Jun 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Making this a little easier to see.
Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:56 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2010, 03:56 AM 1 #2 of 23
Pancakes

Super fluffy pancakes
Ingredients for 3~4 servings:
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups milk
3 Tbsp melted butter

Directions:
  1. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
  2. Wisk the egg and milk together in another smaller bowl.
  3. Combine 1 and 2.
  4. Add teh butter.
  5. Mix together well
  6. Heat a pan/griddle and grease liberally with oil/butter.
  7. spoon about 3-inch diameter disk onto pan/griddle.
  8. Heat should be about in between medium high to high. If it's too high, it'll burn the outside of the pancakes to black crispies and raw on the insides...
  9. I generally look at the bubbles forming on the top to gauge when to flip. About 45 seconds on the first side usually seems to work, although it's different each time you add more cake batter into the pan.

Once you learn how to do this, it's like 1/5 of the cost of buying store-bought pancake mix. The most expensive ingredient per serving is the egg.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:33 AM #3 of 23
It should be noted that these pancakes are best served shortly after sunrise.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:56 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2010, 10:56 AM #4 of 23
Cheesecake

Here's the Cheesecake I made at the Meet
Ingredients: (for 2 cakes)
- 3 blocks of 8 oz packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- 16 oz. tub of sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- some butter
- some flour

Directions:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F degrees. Coat two cake pans with a nice thin shmear of butter. Sprinkle some flour evenly and lightly pat. This will help the cake batter from sticking to the pan.
  2. Take the cream cheese and mash with a fork. Toss it in the blender with the eggs and 2/3-3/4 cups of sugar (depending on how sweet you wanted, I went with a lighter dose of sugar).
  3. Blend 'til smooth. You can always substitute for a hand or stand mixer. I was lazy and saw the blender. Go me.*
  4. Take the cake pans and distribute cake batter into them.
  5. Place cake pans in oven at 350F degrees for 30-35 minutes.
  6. Take sour cream and sugar in a bowl and combine with a wisk.
  7. Once the cake is done baking (stick a knife, fork or toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean, it's done), take out of the oven, pour the sour cream mixture on top, and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so until the cream sets.**
  8. Take out of the oven after 10 minutes, set out to cool.
  9. Once cool, chill in the fridge. Serve cold.
Notes: *You may add a drop or two of vanilla extract to either the cake batter or sour cream mixture if you like. I just didn't have any available.
**I added lime zest and sprinkled that once I laid the sour cream down and smoothed it out with a knife (I couldn't find a spatula).

I like this cheesecake as an alternative to the kind you make with a spring-form pan since it takes considerably less time and is 1) heap of less butter and 2) lower calories than the other kind of cheesecake. Once chilled, it's only like 1/2 an inch thick so it's not as thick/rich or decadent, but it tastes just as yummy.

Mo0 said it's the first cheesecake he'd ever liked. <3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2010, 01:08 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2010, 11:08 AM #5 of 23
I don't think I could make the cheesecake, because I wouldn't be able to share it with anybody.

SO good. ~!!!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2010, 01:42 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2010, 11:42 AM #6 of 23
Miso Soup

I don't think I could make the cheesecake, because I wouldn't be able to share it with anybody.

SO good. ~!!!
That's why the recipe is for 2 cakes, darling. One for yourself and one for everyone else.

Anyhow... Next item~
Vegetarian Miso Soup
Ingredients:
- 1 sheet of dry kombu (see "Dashi" on link)
- 1 cup of shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 packet of soy bean sprouts
- Roughly 3 Tbsp of soy bean paste (aka Miso paste)

Directions:
  1. Fill a pot about 2/3 with cold water.
  2. Put the kombu (and dry shiitake if you have some) in, and boil.
  3. Once it's boiled, take out the kombu and discard.
  4. If there's any bubbly/foamy sudsy stuff floating on top, spoon it out and discard.
  5. Add fresh ingredients (in this case, mushroom and sprouts) and let it cook for about 15 mintues.
  6. Scoop and discard sudsy foamy stuff again, if there is any.
  7. Once the veggies have cooked through, spoon the amount of miso you need and add it into the soup.*
  8. Add scallions/ chopped green onions.
  9. DO NOT LET THE SOUP BOIL OVER after the miso has been added. It will destroy the flavor. Serve hot.

*Note: Miso paste can be added to soup a couple different ways. I add it directly in using a sieve or a mesh strainer with a long handle. Hito noted that he makes a slurry with a little bit of the soup water first, and adds it back into the soup. Either way works good, since miso is such a thick paste that if you did add directly without straining it through, you'd just have a clump of miso paste swimming around for a while.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:01 PM #7 of 23
So, Yumi. That chicken was so delicious, I'm actually going to attempt to make it. You know me - I can't cook Asian to save my own ass, but your chicken was just so GOOD.

I'm going to the garden center and then to the grocery store for the sesame seed oil, sake, and Mirin.

What would you normally serve this with? I think I'll do some white rice and veggies, but I'm curious how you do it.

FELIPE NO
Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:39 PM 1 #8 of 23
I'm demanding Hito posts his steak recipe here because someday I would like to recreate this meal

for him <3<3<3<3<3

bitch

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hi, My Name Is Hito
A slime draws near!

Member 304

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 04:16 PM #9 of 23
You know what, woman? I'll post the fucking recipe JUST FOR YOU.

Later tonight.

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:00 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2010, 05:00 PM 1 #10 of 23
Ring ring ring ring...

Ring ring ring ring....

Bananas foster.

(must have)

Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:23 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2010, 05:23 PM #11 of 23
Sass, I do just that. With this chicken, I do like a simple salad (cucumber+tomato tossed in a lemon-vinagrette sounds good right about this season), and some broccoli or fresh greenbeans and some rice. I usually blanche the greenbeans/broccoli (flash boil in boiling hot water w/ little salt for a minute then shock it in ice water) because I like the texture of the veggies better that way. If I'm lazy, I nuke it in the microwave for 40 seconds and toss it in ice water. =P

It's one of my favorite meals Mom used to do when she had $5 to feed us dinner. Thank goodness chicken was dirt cheap back then. =P

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:09 PM #12 of 23
So I made it.

It was good? But not as good as yours, Yumi.

We also used chicken thighs instead of the party wings. We got 10 thighs for $4, so I figured why not give it a try.

That Mirin is reeeeeally good nom nom nom

LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:13 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2010, 10:13 AM #13 of 23
Mirin is a great addition to cooking. I originally used it for sushi rice, but started using it in my salmon cooking. Holy crap it brought out a ton of flavor from the sauces I used.

Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:56 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2010, 11:56 AM #14 of 23
Glad you enjoyed, Danielle. ^_^ <3

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2010, 02:56 PM 3 #15 of 23
Decadent Mac and Cheese

First thing you need is a 9"x13" pyrex casserole dish. A disposable tray will work just as well, just make sure you get something around that size. Now, the recipe:

1 pound of pasta (ziti, rotini, or large shells)
4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (16oz)
One 10oz block of white extra sharp cheddar cheese
Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Italian style bread crumbs
Original Town House crackers
Panko
Bisquick

Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta. While you're doing this, pre-heat the oven to 350° prepare the casserole dish. Take some bread crumbs, 1 sheath of crackers, some panko, and some Bisquick and mix them all together in a large bowl. Use as much as you want for each ingredient but I recommend the full sheath of crackers for flavor. Once done mixing, spread a layer evenly across the bottom of the dish.

At this point, it's time to apply some cheese. I prefer slicing the cheddar into thin slices, but you can easily just grate it too. I will describe the recipe with slicing the cheese. So yes, slice the cheddar into thin squares. Put them in the pan evenly in a 3x5 formation. So it should look like this:

[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

Something like that. That will leave you with more for the top layer. After the cheddar is laid down, sprinkle a layer of mozzarella that pretty much covers the cheddar. After that, garnish with some romano.

At this point, the pasta should be done. Strain the water and throw all the pasta in the casserole dish, spreading it out evenly.

After that, just repeat all the above steps but in this order: Cheddar, mozzarella, romano, dry mixture. You should have a nice, full, and heavy dish of decadence.

Stuff that shit in the oven and let it cook for about 10-12 minutes. When it starts looking like everything is melted, you have two options - Leave it, or turn it. I prefer turning it, which will make everything flavorful. However, leaving it alone can give you a nice, crispy crust at the top. Anyway, turning it requires very little effort, just grab a big cooking spoon and mix everything together in the dish. It should be pretty easy if you've left it in long enough.

Once you're done turning it, put it back in the oven for another 3-4 minutes, and that's it. Sweet, sweet decadence to put in your mouth that isn't Pang's dick.

FELIPE NO
Thud.
Michael J. Floppies

Member 31527

Level 14.90

Aug 2008

Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:20 PM 3 #16 of 23
First thing you need is a 9"x13" pyrex casserole dish. A disposable tray will work just as well, just make sure you get something around that size. Now, the recipe:

Pang's dick.

Best recipe on the planet Earth or Jupiter. Or the Sun. Or sky.

Most amazing jew boots
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:46 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2010, 05:46 PM 1 #17 of 23
Here's the pulled pork recipe:

-Pork Shoulder/Butt
-BBQ Sauce of choice
-Some sort of sharp, Italian cheese, or mixture of cheeses. Parmesan is great, start there, work your way up to something nice.

There's a lot you can do and not do and still end up with something tasty. Browning the pork in a large pan before the long baking process. Cooking it with stock or wine. Adding onions or cousins to the onion. All optional, all end with delicious pork.

The most important part of the cooking process is making sure your oven can be on for 12-24 hours non-stop. Stick that pork in a large oven-safe vessel, keeping in mind the pork will drip and sweat out, so make sure it's much bigger than the pork itself. Utilizing a safety container to catch anything that may fall isn't a bad idea, like a skillet or a sheet tray placed below the pork. Cover the pork too for good measure.

When the meat is tender as all hell it's ready. Mix in sauce, cheeses, and seasonings if needed. The pork does a lot all by itself as far as flavor goes so don't over do it.

This stuff can be used for all sorts of things. I once made tamales with the pork and the appropriate "Latin" seasonings. It was lovely. Sticking it right on a bun with a pickle and slice of tomato is pretty awesome too.

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:13 PM 3 #18 of 23
And whatever you do, make sure you clean the grease trap before, during, and after, so a crazy lady doesn't yell at your friendly gay landlord about it!

Hi, My Name Is Hito
A slime draws near!

Member 304

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:33 PM 1 #19 of 23
Sorry, I'm lazy.

Burgers

Spoiler:

1 lb. 85/15 ground beef (higher fat means you'll have a juicier burger)
2 Tbs. crushed garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 large egg

Preheat a pan/griddle/something to 375 degrees.

Prepare your meat by bringing it up to room temperature. Add the egg and seasonings and gently mix the ingredients. Try not to overwork them or you'll end up with a tough burger. Form into six ounce patties with a dimple in the center (this prevents misshaping and helps it cook faster).

Add a tablespoon of oil to your pan and spread it out. Sear your burger, flipping every thirty seconds. It should take roughly five minutes for medium. Allow your burger to rest, covered, for three-to-five minutes before placing on the bun with condiments. I recommend using brioche buns lightly toasted.

Cheater's Aioli (Garlic mayonnaise)

Spoiler:

1 large egg
1-2 cups olive oil (NOT extra virgin) or canola oil
1 Tbs champagne vinegar
2 pinches kosher salt
2 pinches black pepper
1 Tbs. crushed garlic

Place the egg, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender and mix. Slowly add your oil until the mixture is thick. Pour into a container. The mayonnaise will keep for about a week in the fridge. Do not leave out for more than an hour or two.

Bulgogi (Korean BBQ)

Spoiler:

2 lbs beef shoulder or 2 lbs chicken thighs, bonless
1 litre 7-Up
1 cup sake
1 cup mirin
1/3 soy sauce
Fresh peeled ginger, grated
1 bunch scallions, sliced
2 Tbs. kosher salt
2 Tbs. black pepper

Trim the beef of any silver skin, tendons, or excess fat. Slice thinly on a bias across the grain (not with or against). Place in a large container and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix by hand. Allow the beef or chicken to marinate for at least three hours but no more than six. Drain the liquid. To cook, place the meat on a grill or in a hot skillet and cook to the desired doneness. Place in a bowl and cover with sauce (recipe follows).

Korean BBQ Sauce (Not authentic by a long shot)

1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup sake
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 Tbs. sri racha or chili paste
Fresh grated ginger
1 Tbs. black pepper
1 Tbs. corn starch
2 Tbs. water

Place soy sauce, rice vinegar, sake, brown sugar, sri racha, ginger, and black pepper in a sauce pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, do not allow to boil. In a separate bowl combine water and corn starch. Pour the corn starch slurry into the sauce pot and whisk together with the sauce. Cook until thick and syrupy. Pour over meat.

Sesame Potatoes and Carrots

3-4 russet potatoes, quartered
3-4 large carrots, peeled and chopped into 3/4 inch rounds
1 white onion, julienned
1 Tbs. sesame oil
2 Tbs. sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup mirin
1 Tbs. kosher salt
1 Tbs. black pepper

Boil potatoes and carrots until just fork-tender. In a separate sauce pot combine vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, and mirin. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. Strain the potoatoes and carrots then pour the sauce and sesame seeds over them in a serving dish. Add onions.

I'll finish this post later.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:15 AM #20 of 23
Hey sprout, about your mac&cheese [which I've been wanting to make for AGES], just wanted to know... You mentioned Town House crackers. I don't think I've ever seen those before [and as such, maybe we don't have those here]--are they just regular soda crackers?

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:57 AM #21 of 23
Not exactly... They're slightly flavored. Kinda like Ritz crackers but a bit more subtle with the flavor. Here:

Kellogg's

If you can find the equivalent of those, that would be best.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:18 AM #22 of 23
Aha, I think I could find something like that. If all else fails, would Ritz be a suitable substitute?

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 03:10 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2010, 02:10 AM #23 of 23
Super fluffy pancakes
Ingredients for 3~4 servings:
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups milk
3 Tbsp melted butter

Directions:
  1. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
  2. Wisk the egg and milk together in another smaller bowl.
  3. Combine 1 and 2.
  4. Add teh butter.
  5. Mix together well
  6. Heat a pan/griddle and grease liberally with oil/butter.
  7. spoon about 3-inch diameter disk onto pan/griddle.
  8. Heat should be about in between medium high to high. If it's too high, it'll burn the outside of the pancakes to black crispies and raw on the insides...
  9. I generally look at the bubbles forming on the top to gauge when to flip. About 45 seconds on the first side usually seems to work, although it's different each time you add more cake batter into the pan.
Once you learn how to do this, it's like 1/5 of the cost of buying store-bought pancake mix. The most expensive ingredient per serving is the egg.
You ever considered swapping out half the flour for cake flour, and using buttermilk? Makes insanely good pancakes.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > GFF Meat '10