Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Chicken Wings

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:08 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 08:38 PM #1 of 10
Chicken Wings

Sometimes when you go to a restaurant one of the things I always order as an appetizer is usually a pound of wings. I'm such a sucker when it comes to chicken wings I have to try them out at any new restaurant I go to.

They can be the perfect bar snack food, or a pleasing appetizer before your main course. There was thread made about chicken made back in 2006, but I thought I put up a new topic since we've had a shortage of new topics lately.

So to the GFF community what are some of your favorite restaurants that serve those delicious chicken wings. Also do you have any great recipes for your own style of chicken wings and honestly how do you prefer your chicken wings.

My favorite chicken wings of all time are at a place called East Side Mario's. The wings that they serve are breaded chicken wings and they are absolutely huge. They're pretty much the biggest chicken wings I've had and they're really juicy and delicious. Anytime I order wings I usually have my sauce on the side, and never on the wings. I don't usually like my wings too spicy and the sauce I usually take is either a medium sauce, barbecue sauce and sometimes buffalo sauce as well.

The wings at a place called Pizza Delight are actually pretty good as well. I even like the wings they serve at the local Yuk Yuk's comedy club.

I think some of the worse wings I've had is at Swiss Chalet. For the most part their chicken dinners and other meals are incredibly tasty, but I always find their wings are really dry and really thin. Not a lot of meat on them at all.

I don't really have any great recipes for wings, since the only wings we ever cook are pre-made ones you can find at the supermarket. They're really nothing all great, but they can be an acceptable snack food.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:03 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 08:03 PM #2 of 10
I have not had a good wing yet outside of Buffalo, NY. I just moved out of there six months ago. Speaking of that almost any place you get wings in that city is good. Duffs is probably the best place to get wings, and any local sub/pizza/chicken shop, which happen to be on almost every or every other block in the metro area. I was spoiled living there, now living in KY where there are no locally owned restaurants of a similar vein.

Shout out to Johnny's pizzeria in Cheektowaga though.

I couldn't really give a suggestion in terms of franchises as I don't think I ever got wings there in Buffalo. I did have them at Buffalo's Wild Wings and Toots here in KY, which I have to say were absolutely horrible. Avoid at all costs.

Most amazing jew boots
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:04 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 08:04 PM #3 of 10
Man.

There is this local place. I'm not even sure what it's called. Some of my friends know it too, but they don't even know the name. It's "that place with the red sign by the intersection with the Domo's".

Fuck if I know what it's called. They have several flavours in which I've not really seen elsewhere, although Winnipeg isn't really known for this shit so perhaps that's why.

The ones they had which I liked the best were some Pinapple Curry flavour, which was awesome. Not really spicy in the least but delicious as all get out.

Unfortunately Winnipeg has all sorts of generic wing places that are no better or worse than any other place, and I haven't found anything great. Maybe someone else knows a good place I haven't heard of though, who knows.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:24 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 07:24 PM #4 of 10
Our local pub Brewbakers has some really good wings here. They're battered in their beer, their house buffalo sauce and their special breading and they are fucking amazing. We usually get them with an extra side of their buffalo sauce just to suck down that spicy vinegary greatness until our spleens can't feel feelings anymore.

However, my favorites in town are from one of our clients has a BBQ joint here in town that's actually not bad, albeit a bit overpriced. Their burgers suck balls but their BBQ is decent and their chicken "Wings of Fire" are some of the most delicious and amazing wings I've ever seen fried and smothered in BBQ sauce. I swear, they're almost as big as a medium-sized chicken quarter and they don't just serve you the drumettes and flats. They serve both pieces as one and a single order has 6 of them. That's an appetizer large enough to feed a family.

I've made some too but mine are pretty bunk. A friend of mine told me to add nutmeg to the mix but I've always just had so-so luck with chicken wings. To me, the spicy chicken wing is an artisan's craft and it's a craft I can't duplicate.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:34 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 10:34 PM 1 #5 of 10
Man.

There is this local place. I'm not even sure what it's called. Some of my friends know it too, but they don't even know the name. It's "that place with the red sign by the intersection with the Domo's".
This sounds like Romani's, which also has the best pizza in town and a beer list with over 100 choices. Fantastic restaraunt.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:55 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 10:55 PM #6 of 10
Fuck yeah, that's the place.

Also first time I had this was there, and it's become a favourite as well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:30 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2010, 05:30 AM 3 #7 of 10
Just posting this to make the tables on the main page go back to their normal size. y u break tables ;_;

FELIPE NO

[ recordings |videos| blog ]
[ 18:14:09 ] [ +Garr ] Setting up form unreal troanmetn
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:35 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2010, 10:35 PM #8 of 10
Go back to your self imposed exile, fun ruiner.

(all the cool kids break tables now)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:49 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2010, 12:49 PM #9 of 10
I support the Frenchman in his endeavor to reimpose order upon chaos.

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2010, 01:26 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2010, 11:26 PM #10 of 10
When it comes to wings the cheaper the better. Don't get me wrong, I have my preferences on how I like my wings cooked (long and hard) but most important are their price.

51st State on Pennsylvania Ave. in DC has 10 cent wings on Tuesday nights. Absolutely the best wing experience one can have is ordering 30 wings for $3. Quality wise the wings are fine, nothing to write home about.

BZ mentioned Duffs which I've been to and I really enjoyed. I don't remember paying so I'm pretty sure that's why I liked it so much. And as far as Anchor Bar goes, well, they can go strait to hell with their "origin" story and their funked out wing sauce.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Chicken Wings