Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Games we remember being the best

Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:09 PM #51 of 52
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
I miss the days when RTS games were king (caused by the sucess of WarCraft II and Command & Conquer). Sure many of the releases were mediocre at best, but the stampede ensured that some RTS games were original and great.
Speaking of RTS games, the best two game that I've ever played in this genre were Seven Kingdoms and Warlords Battlecry II/III.

With Seven Kingdoms, it's like a standard RTS, where you gather resources and such, but it also includes different win options, like trading a guy to death, outright buying another kingdom, using your spies to infiltrate his kingdom and usurp his power, as well as the standard make a million guys and march on his head. I thought it worked really well (the second one wasn't quite as good I found, as it was horribly unbalanced towards the Frytans, or monsters).

Warlords Battlecry is Warcraft 2, except with tons more races, as as the most important, a Hero, that you keep with you in every ongoing battle to influence the outcome. You can build your hero to be a warrior and beat down other guys (just beware of assassins...), or a wizard, assassin as previously mentioned, summoner, resource manager...there are a ton of options. Your hero gains experience and becomes more powerful with each subsequent battle (providing he survives of course), and you can gain artifacts and such to help more.

Both games are definately worth trying out, if only to hear the voices from the Undead race...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 07:52 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 05:52 PM #52 of 52
I'll give a shoutout to Liero here. It's a freeware game (so google it to get it) and is like a real time version of Worms. It's incredibly fun for a DOS game and has great action. If you run Windows 2000/XP, get LieroXtreme, same idea, with newer and better features.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Games we remember being the best