Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 24: Season 7 Discussion Thread - PREMIERES THIS SUNDAY JAN 11th! 2 nights 4 hours

tenzor
24 SEASON 7 JAN 2009

Member 193

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 04:46 AM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 02:46 AM #1 of 66
24: Season 7 Discussion Thread - Mondays 9/8C on FOX

24 SEASON 7

Monday Nights 9/8C on FOX

Official Site -http://www.fox.com/24

SEASON 7 INFO

Plot:

Following the events of 24 Redemption, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) now stands trial in front of a congressional committee for his past actions. CTU has been disbanded, and the setting has moved from Los Angeles to our nation's capital in Washington D.C. The stakes are raised as new events emerge at the begining of Day 7 that will change everything we know about 24. Meanwhile the day gets even more interesting for Jack Bauer when Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) a former colleague who we last saw dying in the arms of Jack Bauer in Season 5 turns up alive and well. With a national security crisis emerging, it is up to newly elected President Allison Taylor (Cherry Jones) alongside her First Husband Henry Taylor (Colm Feore), and Cheif of Staff Ethan Kanin (Bob Gunton) to control things on their end with the help of a FBI Task force that includes agents Reneee Walker (Annie Wersching), Janis Gold (Janeane Garofalo), Larry Moss (Jeffrey Nordling), and Sean Hillinger (Rhys Coiro). Although CTU is no longer around, Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Bill Buchannan (James Morrison) also return for another intense and shocking season.

Starring:

Kiefer Sutherland (Jack Bauer)
Cherry Jones (President Allison Taylor)
Annie Wersching (FBI Agent Renee Walker)
Colm Feore (First Husband Henry Taylor)
Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe O'Brian)
James Morrison (Bill Buchanan)
Bob Gunton (White House Chief of Staff Ethan Kanin)
Jeffrey Nordling (FBI Agent Larry Moss)
Rhys Coiro (FBI Agent Sean Hillinger)
with
Janeane Garofalo (FBI Agent Janis Gold)
and
Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by tenzor; Jan 7, 2009 at 07:37 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 02:09 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 01:09 PM #2 of 66
Just a note, the regularly scheduled time for the show is Monday nights at 9/8c, not 8/7c (that's when House will come on).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 02:29 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 07:29 PM #3 of 66
As much as I am extremely excited too, we already have one of these threads!

How ya doing, buddy?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 02:34 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 02:34 PM #4 of 66
Well I specifically noted it Redemption and Pre-season 7 discussion expecting there would be more discussion about them then there actually was.

Going to have to change this thread title come Tuesday though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 04:16 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 09:16 PM #5 of 66
I can't contain my excitement!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 04:25 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 04:25 PM #6 of 66
LOL. I just got done watching the extended version of Redemption. I actually only noticed two little scenes that werent on the TV version even though they said it was 10 extra minutes.
Spoiler:
In one, they have the second-in-command Sangala guy who was assumed to be killed by the mine Mr Benton stepped on, being alive just barely
. Anyway going to watch with the commentary before Sunday.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 04:52 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 09:52 PM #7 of 66
The presidents' sons girlfriend has mole written all over her!

FELIPE NO
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 05:07 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 05:07 PM #8 of 66
They better have more original storylines than that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 06:56 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 11:56 PM #9 of 66
Heh. Oh by the way, I took your advice and started to watch The Shield, just couldn't get into it. I just found it boring to be honest, the main guy annoyed me too!

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 08:43 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 08:43 PM #10 of 66
Boring? IMPOSSIBLE! Started means what? One ep, two eps? Anyways the show probably has the biggest shocking moment and unboring moment in the first episode than any show ever. I just don't get it.

There must be something strange going on here.

By the way the show improves every season.

neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2009, 01:07 AM #11 of 66
No reactions yet? All I have to say is, tomorrow's "This is gonna hurt" has to be one of the best Jack lines ever.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2009, 01:51 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2009, 01:51 AM #12 of 66
That is a spoiler dude.

The 2 hour premiere kept me enticed throughout, but it wasn't mind-blowing.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jan 12, 2009, 03:14 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2009, 01:14 AM #13 of 66
Pissed off I forgot it was this weekend, I tuned in around 20 minutes into the second hour. Can someone give me a brief synopsis of what happened so far? 24 usually starts with a pretty big bang, so at missing that.

Also, yay at me maybe being able to watch this season since I don't have any homeworks due on Tuesday mornings this semester.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2009, 03:33 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2009, 03:33 AM #14 of 66
just go to releaselog (google it) search for 24 --> click comments and download it.

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:28 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2009, 01:28 PM #15 of 66
Good first two episodes. I couldn't help but laugh at a couple of moments though, when the chopper flew past with Larry in, it just felt so cheesy, oh and when the flight control guy said something important to the guy behind him at the start of the second episode, and he nodded and casually walked off, rather than running off quickly. You would expect him to do that if planes are no longer under their control.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:54 AM #16 of 66
Overall, it was a solid two hours, but there was one major flaw that stood out to me. The FBI is sweeping the building for the sniper, and they send one lone agent to check out the dark basement? Yes, he was working for the bad guys, but the FBI still thought he was on the up and up. The other agents had video feeds and were working in teams, but for the one place that would be easy to hide in, they send one guy.

Also, I'm almost positive that the exterior shot before Jack and the FBI agent go in to interview Schector (or whatever his name was), was shot a few blocks from where I work. I'm pretty sure Naylor Road is in Maryland, and not in a neighborhood where anyone would want to have an office.

Most amazing jew boots
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2009, 09:06 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2009, 02:06 PM #17 of 66
I was also laughing at the basement moment, it was pretty ridiculous! I was hoping though, now I think this would have a good twist, that the guy who let him go was actually an FBI agent, but all the FBI had orders (OK, maybe not all) to let the guy go if they found him, therefore making them more likely to follow them back to Tony.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2009, 06:32 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2009, 05:32 PM #18 of 66
The premiere wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as S6 started off great and then went down the shitter, so maybe this season will do the opposite. The only real exciting part for me was the end of the second hour with Jack chasing Tony on the boat, with everything else ranging from pretty cool to mediocre (the presidential stuff in particular is kinda meh so far).

I have to say though, I'm really liking Agent Walker so far. She's definitely one of the strongest female characters the show has had (especially that's not evil), making her a believable partner for Jack.

Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:24 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2009, 08:24 PM #19 of 66
I want to love this season, believe me. But I just don't think I can. I just can't get past the fact that they completely abandoned the "real time" aspect but pretend they haven't. Not that is matters much, but no matter how much I try to ignore it, my mind just can stop going back to it. It took only 8 minutes for that guy to be kidnapped from his vehicle, thrown into the back of a van, driven to a warehouse somewhere and create a device that breaks the firewall!? It always takes only a couple of minutes to drive from location to location at 8:00?!? The president of the United States just happens to find out about a kidnapping of someone just minutes after it happens before any connection to a national threat is even revealed?

I can go on and on, but I won't. I'm disappointed with this show. I want to give up it, but since I absolutely loved the 1st season so much, I just can't give up hope.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jan 13, 2009, 04:54 AM Local time: Jan 13, 2009, 02:54 AM #20 of 66
Did they mess up with bleaching Bill's hair or something? He looks like a goddamned anime character.

Tonight was pretty good, though I did miss the first 15 minutes since I didn't know there was an 8:00 episode. The acting was a little weak (Jenine Garofolo and the tech dude that seems like he's a mole especially).

Spoiler:
Was a bit surprised when the FBI chick started cutting off the air to the dude, but then apparently everything's going to turn out a-ok anyways, so whatever. Jack had a slick move when he took out the two goons in the basement to make it so Tony didn't have to kill him, though that boss dude waffled pretty quick. I mean, he made a whole speech about how once a decision is made it has to be done, but that was right after he changed his mind on killing Jack.

It's neat seeing the filming being done in DC since the locations are a bit more recognizable than LA where it's ::generic city block::. The scene where <GUY> met <GIRL> with the Jefferson Memorial across the water is right on a pretty popular path to walk along; makes me sad I didn't go along it last time I was there.

Also, when was this season filmed? It looks like it was done quite a while ago with how green everything there looks.

Last edited by RacinReaver; Jan 13, 2009 at 05:57 PM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2009, 05:22 AM Local time: Jan 13, 2009, 05:22 AM #21 of 66
RR your spoiler did not work and I am pretty sure much of the monument stuff is CG, as the executive producers stated on the Redemption commentary. These early episodes probably at least a year ago were filmed. Mostly in L.A.

And the third episode was one of the best ever in my opinion. 4th decent. Overall pretty good so far, so if it can maintain the intensity of the 3rd and 4th, I will be quite pleased.

And it seems to me that the SS guy watching the First Gentleman is part of the conspiracy. And the FBI guy who called in the reroute the FBI mole. And the Sec. of State (black guy), a conspirator as well since he didn't want the invasion. Although they could flip it on me.

oh and the only thing that really bothered me was Jack driving through (bricks? or concrete). It couldn't have been concrete, because that would be highly unrealistic no? wouldnt the car just demolish itself if it was?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Jan 13, 2009 at 05:27 AM.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2009, 08:25 AM Local time: Jan 13, 2009, 01:25 PM #22 of 66
I liked episodes 3 and 4. I liked how they didn't show Jack and the others preparing for the assault, and then suddenly the pace quickens at the end and they come bursting in. I can't say I like the look of the next episode though, I have a feeling the whole air into the safe room might drag on a bit, but we'll see.

Some other thoughts. I feel Jack too readily joined forces with Tony, there was only a brief bit of anger when he found out he really was a bad guy at first, then all was good and they're talking happily again. Also, I hope the President's son storyline quickens up, as I am enjoying what i'm seeing so far. I don't think Agent 'Gedge' is a bad guy, he was just observing what was happening on the bench. Oh, and talking of his girlfriend, she seems all panicky now, but when we first saw her chatting on the phone at her workplace in episode 1, it didn't look like she had a care in the world. I thought the stuff in the hospital with Renee was dumb. /end random thoughts

Additional Spam:
The scene where <GUY> met <GIRL> with the Jefferson Memorial across the water is right on a pretty popular path to walk along; makes me sad I didn't go along it last time I was there.
I recognised it from Fallout 3!

Last edited by Thalin; Jan 13, 2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2009, 03:38 PM #23 of 66
My major peeve so far, and this is only because I work in DC, is that the exterior shots don't match actual landmarks. The bit I mentioned from Sunday was ok, because it didn't affect the plot, but the escape from the FBI building just wouldn't have happened the way it was shown. The actual FBI building is quite odd looking, built somewhat like a fortress:

You can't really tell from this photo, but as far as I know, there is no above ground parking. The entire building is surrounded by a large pit (not unlike a moat), and there are almost no doors or windows on the ground floor. In short, Jack could not have escaped as he did.

FELIPE NO
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2009, 04:15 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2009, 04:15 PM #24 of 66
Yeah and there were many inaccurate locations in LA too when the show was taking place in that area. The show has never tried to depict actual locations in the most realistic detail.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:51 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2009, 06:51 PM #25 of 66
Did they really have to squeeze Chloe and Bill Buchanon back into the show? Not that I hated their characters or anything, but I actually looked forward to maybe not seeing them this season since CTU is gone. But I wouldn't even care though if they didn't bring them in in such a cheesy way, with the whole secret undercover detective squad angle.

And now Chloe has become some kind of super-hacker, as in she can hack into the FBI servers in a matter of seconds from a laptop in the back of a warehouse somewhere. And she is so fast a computer, that when Jack just happens to refer to a guy, she pull up a picture and a whole profile of the guy in literally 1/4 of a second. The implausibility of this show makes me laugh so much, and I can't tell if I'm watching a drama or a comedy a lot of the time.

Last edited by Enter User Name; Jan 14, 2009 at 08:59 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 24: Season 7 Discussion Thread - PREMIERES THIS SUNDAY JAN 11th! 2 nights 4 hours