Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] "Villains" - Heroes Season 3 Thread

samari
Psychedelic.

Member 742

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 04:26 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2008, 04:26 PM #51 of 132

Spoiler:
I'm really not sure what to make of this season so far. It feels better than last season, but every episodes seems to have more and more plot holes. For instance, why Sylar couldn't hear a loud conversation 20 feet away when he has super hearing. I liked Void Guy too.
Spoiler:
I didn't really get that either; that was one of the first things I thought of when that scene happened. I'm sure, though, that Sylar figured out what was going on even if he couldn't hear it for some unknown reason. I liked the Void guy too =/.

I think this has been a decent season overall so far; so much better than the previous one. I'm finding myself getting more involved with the characters and the choices they're making.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

And thanks for stopping by.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 05:02 PM #52 of 132
The problem is that you don't even have to try to find them, because they've been so glaringly obvious lately. They don't ruin the show by any means, but their frequency is getting a little annoying.
exactly my thought.
One thing that I might have missed that left me confused is part of the end of season 2. Angela Patrelli said something like "Yes, I understand. it had to be done." or somewhere a long those lines, right after Nathan got shot. So I kinda assumed that it was the organization that ordered the hit on him but then at the start of season 3 it was future peter who tried to kill him in order to save the future. So was Angela referring to something else?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

New Record!
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 06:14 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2008, 01:14 AM #53 of 132
It feels better than last season, but every episodes seems to have more and more plot holes. For instance, why Sylar couldn't hear a loud conversation 20 feet away when he has super hearing.
He lost his previous abilities last season.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 06:18 PM #54 of 132
But he's also spent this whole time getting them back, proven by him still using telekinesis. The loss of his abilities was only temporary.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 06:24 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2008, 01:24 AM #55 of 132
Quote:
“In ‘The Second Coming,’ Sylar says to Claire, ‘You see, I lost everything that made me special.’ Does Sylar mean that he permanently lost all of his acquired powers except for telekinesis? Has his slate of powers been ‘wiped clean’ and does he have to start all over again? If so, then by the end of ‘The Butterfly Effect,’ it appears that he only has his telekinesis power, Claire's healing and regeneration power, and Bob's power to turn things to gold. Or am I reading into things?”

Nope that’s right. Sylar’s starting over. Getting a whole new slate of powers as he goes.
Comic Book Resources > CBR News: BEHIND THE ECLIPSE: Week 1

Most amazing jew boots
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:17 PM #56 of 132
I guess he retained telekinesis because it was his first then. Doesn't make much sense, but convenient plot-wise I suppose.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 08:10 PM #57 of 132
Technically then, he retained his 'clockwork' power--the one that lets him acquire new abilities. I think that in the end, he just lost them temporarily.

Also, Sylar said in the car later that "You told him to kill me." or something along those lines. I think he did hear what was going on, but didn't know how to deal with it; especially with Void guy around.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 08:11 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2008, 07:11 PM 1 #58 of 132
Bull shit. Then why does Great Chef Sylar from the future still have Ted's nuclear powers?

How ya doing, buddy?
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 08:16 PM #59 of 132
Originally Posted by Sousuke
Also, Sylar said in the car later that "You told him to kill me." or something along those lines. I think he did hear what was going on, but didn't know how to deal with it; especially with Void guy around.
Sylar just figured it out from watching the situation. It was pretty clear even without hearing them what Noah tried to do. He didn't hear them though, because every time it cut to Sylar watching the conversation there was no sound and he had a slightly confused look on his face as he was trying to figure out what Noah was saying.

Phantom makes a good point too. I forgot all about him using Sprague's power a few episodes ago.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 08:49 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2008, 07:49 PM #60 of 132
Oh, let's add that when Peter met Great Chef Sylar, he made him paint the future, clearly Isaac's power.

Let's face it. The writers can't keep up with continuity.

Since he still has Ted and Isaac's powers, he still should have freezing powers, melting powers, telekinesis, enhanced memory from Hiro's dead girlfriend, Claire's regen powers, Bob's Midas touch, Bridget's abilty to see history of anything (which hasn't been used yet), and Jesse's banshee scream.

spoiler regarding the actual future spoiler mentioned earlier:
If what you claim is true. That Adam is gonna die. How is that possible? Isn't he like Claire and Sylar, they can't die. Ever. Oh and back in the mess that is Season 2, didn't some redhead say that Adam can be killed by having his head chopped off? ..stupid writers...

Where's my Kristen Bell? :[

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by makura; Oct 14, 2008 at 08:56 PM.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 09:40 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2008, 03:40 AM #61 of 132
Doubly bullshit as he used telekenisis to move the can and dumpster at the end of Season 2, just after he injected himself with the antidote.

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2008, 08:23 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2008, 07:23 PM #62 of 132
Wow. I stand corrected about my comment about Adam. I guess it was possible after all.
Spoiler:
I liked his character too :[

Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:02 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2008, 09:02 PM #63 of 132
Doubly bullshit as he used telekenisis to move the can and dumpster at the end of Season 2, just after he injected himself with the antidote.
His telekinesis has always been a special case (it was the only ability the Company found in his DNA in season one) and they stated they would explain why later.

FELIPE NO
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 02:57 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2008, 08:57 AM #64 of 132
lol this season is getting out of hand, there are at least five people with new super powers each episode.

Also, Parkman is getting on my nerves with his turtle :/

thesleeper
Carob Nut

Member 1825

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 05:05 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2008, 06:05 PM 1 #65 of 132
well, i think the season is pretty cool so far, many wtf moments and the whole issue about time travel and changing the future. or the past. (what happened to that irish girl? peter's really irresponsible.)

and great chef sylar! making waffles! there has to be some superhero he stole that from. (whos the mother then? claire?)

and that african guy. id like that mp3.

what episode are you people on in the us? im up to episode 5 here in the east.

Most amazing jew boots
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:23 AM 1 #66 of 132
and great chef sylar! making waffles! there has to be some superhero he stole that from. (whos the mother then? claire?)
You really haven't been paying attention this season, have you? Sylar is Claire's uncle. Unless he wants to add "creepy incest pervert" to his list of crimes, I don't think he'll ever have sex with Claire.

Of all the convoluted things going on this season, Mohinder bothers me the most. One minute he's Indian Spiderman, drugging people and wrapping them in cocoons, the next he's Rational Scientist. It could be chalked up to Jekyll/Hyde behavior except that Rational Scientist continues to defend what Spiderman does. Plus the whole bit about "I've been duped by companies with hidden agendas before, but what the hell, let's make it a third time" last night just makes me want Mohinder to die and be reincarnated as a dung beetle.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by nuttyturnip; Oct 28, 2008 at 08:25 AM.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:50 AM #67 of 132
I think we've all come to hate mohinder as the stupid smart scientist who's gullible and stupid.
I've been wondering how future sylar came to have a kid as well, I'm guessing he might not be the biological father. He called him noah and pretty much took over the bennete household for some reason. I'm guessing Noah somehow died thanks to syler and he felt responsible.
But I guess it might not matter since that future will become obsolete.
I've also been wondering if Peters's father can really take Sylers's ability. Since technically he just learned how they worked right? So if he tries to take his power will he take the knowledge he needs to make them work? Well whatever, I'm sure they'll explain everything in a very open ended super hero comic book way.

Also glad that spanish chick is gone

New Record!
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2008, 02:16 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2008, 01:16 PM #68 of 132
My question is.. Where is the Haitian in all this? They could easily use him to negate some of the villian's powers. Even Peter should have the powers to negate, he's been in contact with the Haitian before.

I don't like Meredith. She's only there for filler crap.
And great.. now it's Sylar's turn to be manipulated by other people. I liked it better when he was in control.

Sylar's kid in the future.. who knows how the writers are going to explain that crap. Maybe someone turned Noah into a baby.. -_-

It's entertaining to watch some of the characters, but this series isn't smart at all anymore.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Judge Ito
Wark!

Member 6355

Level 3.20

May 2006

Old Oct 31, 2008, 01:05 AM Local time: Oct 31, 2008, 12:05 AM #69 of 132
So, cool characters are dying left and right and something really heavy seems to be happening every week, partially to make up for last year's lackluster mini season. I'm expecting a pretty big reset button to happen towards the end of this season or the next. Anybody with me on that?

Also glad that spanish chick is gone
All the brunettes either die or get written out. She was good eye candy, regardless.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2008, 02:59 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2008, 01:59 AM #70 of 132
Writers/co-executive producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb were fired.

source

Nail in the coffin?

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:08 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2008, 09:08 PM #71 of 132
Okay, I was one of the people who was enjoying Season 3 despite the fact that most people said it sucked, but now, I'm changing my stance. I'm sick of every other fucking episode not being in the present (seriously, how many flashbacks or visions of the future do we need?), and I'm sick of the plot either not moving forward at all or moving in a stupid direction. I'd honestly have no problem now if this show got cancelled in the near future, because pretty much everything after Season 1 sucks anyway. It just seems like such wasted potential.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:10 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2008, 08:10 PM #72 of 132
Writers/co-executive producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb were fired.

source

Nail in the coffin?
Uh, Jeph Loeb is a terrible writer, so while I can't speak for Jesse Alexander, I know that's one piece of crap off the show's writing staff.

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 02:08 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2008, 07:08 PM #73 of 132
I must admit I wanted the show to continue, but i'm a sucker for these kind of episodes, where they link in scenes from past seasons that make you oo and ah. They do it a lot on LOST and I love it

Jam it back in, in the dark.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 02:32 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2008, 01:32 PM #74 of 132
I didn't mind this ep. At least we learned some things. I guess they had to do it in order to show a clear path in the plot as to who is the evil one. Still, it felt a little forceful to focus on Meredith (why Hiro also had past visions of her.) I bet they're going to give her a more important role later on.

I couldn't help but to read some spoilers ahead to see if the show is going on a good path or not. But you guys should stick around in a couple of eps. There's going to be surprising guest stars

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 02:34 PM #75 of 132
But you guys should stick around in a couple of eps. There's going to be surprising guest stars
If one of these guest stars is not Christopher Eccleston, the series is finished.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] "Villains" - Heroes Season 3 Thread