Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Adjusting graphics resolution on a flat-panel TV from a notebook computer

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2007, 03:10 PM #1 of 1
Adjusting graphics resolution on a flat-panel TV from a notebook computer

I'm trying to hook my new laptop up to my flat panel TV (Panasonic) via VGA cable, but I'm having issues with the resolution. I used to hook my old desktop (Windows XP) up with no problems; I'd just go into the display settings, change the resolution to 1280x768, and voila.

Not so with the laptop. It's running Vista and has an Intel 945GM graphics chipset. Whenever I change the resolution to 1280x768, the TV says it's 1366x768, and the image is off center, chopping off a few inches on the right side. Other resolutions register correctly, but on the TV they blow the screen up too much and crop off all sides. Why is this graphics card not interfacing with my TV? I tried updating the drivers, but that didn't help. It also doesn't help that if I play with the settings too much, I get a blue screen of death saying something about a memory dump, and then the computer reboots (I've got 2GB of RAM). Any ideas? I just want to be able to watch TV shows I've downloaded on my TV instead of the laptop screen.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Adjusting graphics resolution on a flat-panel TV from a notebook computer