Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Pacific - HBO (March 14th)

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:44 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2009, 12:44 AM #1 of 6
The Pacific - HBO (March 14th)

I forgot about this for a while since it has been long in the making. From the executive producers of Band of Brothers (the best miniseries of all time, probably the best WW2 piece ever), Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, and Goetzman.

It is a 10-part series about WW2 in the Pacific, the Japanese and American battles. Frankly, I don't nearly know as much about these battles as I do the European ones, so that makes it very appealing. HBO put up 150 million to make this. Most expensive miniseries ever apparently (BoB was 125).

IMDB:The Pacific War (2010)

HBO: The Pacific

Got to say the teaser and 3 trailers look GREAT. All of the actors are relatively unknown as they were in Band of Brothers. The only guys I recognize is the guy who played Chase in 24 along with the superior officer in the trailer.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2010, 09:38 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2010, 09:38 PM #2 of 6
Anyone catch the opener? Any thoughts?

I personally thought it was pretty solid, similar in the vein to the Band of Brothers opener where they set the tone, introduce some of the characters and they prepare for battle. I wasn't blown away with part one, but I wasn't for Curahee either. Love the history sections in the beginning (Hanks voiceover) and the interviews of the WWII vets. Pretty good suspense in the middle of the episode. Here's hoping for an unbelievable second hour as Day of Days was. =D And for the score guys to continue Michael Kamen's success.

It's hard not thinking of James Badge Dale as Chase Edmunds by the way =p.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
hero killer id
Wark!

Member 9041

Level 1.00

Jun 2006

Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:25 AM #3 of 6
I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes that I have watched. The story and special effects are both top notch. My only concern is that the multitude of characters can be a little hard to follow.

Most amazing jew boots
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2010, 07:43 PM #4 of 6
Chris got me into this show. I really prefer Band of Brothers, though I probably shouldn't compare the two.

The one thing that irritates the hell out of me every time we watch the show is the length of the opening credits. Do we really need such a lengthy intro? I'd much prefer cutting that down in order to hear more from the actual soldiers.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2010, 07:22 PM #5 of 6
Eight episodes through, I'm pretty disappointed. It just seems fairly generic, especially the characters. No individual person, aside from Leckie, has really been worth caring about.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2010, 11:38 PM Local time: May 21, 2010, 11:38 PM #6 of 6
Yeah it was somewhat disappointing as we all expected so much. I have to say I started to really get into the 3 main characters by the end. However, it took me way to long to do just that. I bet I would enjoy it more so a second time. However, it ain't not BoB, just rather a good piece of historical drama that could have been done differently and little better.

Love the two main themes. The intro and the credit piece. Time to listen to the full soundtrack now though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Pacific - HBO (March 14th)