Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Dexter

Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:43 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2009, 07:43 AM #1 of 21
Dexter

What is more entertaining than watching a sociopath serial killer for entertainment? A serial killer who you actually stand behind as he sedates a person, wraps them up in plastic wrap, and plunges a knife into them, cutting them into many small peices so he can put them in a garbage bag to dump into the ocean....all for the good of mankind?

If you have been a personal friend of mine of the past few months, you'd have to at least at some point listen to me bring up Dexter and how cool the entire show is, so much so, that it's probably became a huge annoyance. Ever since I've bought the seasons for myself, i've been up almost every night watching a few episodes trying to clear out the seasons, but since every episode is an hour long and I usually start watching them around 11pm , it's not easiest thing to breeze though.

Dexter is one the most fascinating characters i've seen on tv in a very long time. He seems like a simple normal guy to everyone on the show, but the deeper more interesting side of Dexter is brought to life through voice over work and his actions when he's going in for the kill. Flashbacks occur through-out the seasons to show you how Dexter became the anti-social personality that distances himself from everyone else through his murderous ideals and relationship with his father.
- Not only is Dexter completely fleshed out as a character that you want to understand, but the side characters that are in every episode show their colors quick and you instantly feel for each one of them and understand them quite easily. I'd have to say, my personal favorite character (besides Doakes) is Batista.

What makes this show so damn entertaining is that you're ALWAYS on your toes as a viewer, Dexter is always so close to uncovering himself to others. The main storyline (through season 1) with the Ice Truck killer sucks you right in, just for the fact that you're always guessing who it could be from the moment Dexter says "I'm ready to play your game".
- The writers know how to write cliffhangers that keep you interested at all times, while at the same time writing interesting side stories that you're always curious as to where it's going to go. From Batista and his Wife to the Rita/Husband/Dexter story.

To compare this to any other movie or whatever might be on TV, in my opinion, Dexter is the answer for anyone who has been contantly let down by the Saw series time after time. You have a young guy killing criminals who have done wrong to people in sick planned out ways, you have the same intense feeling you remember having when you saw Jigsaw get off the floor (during ever episode ending). So, for those who love Saw as much as I used to, try and watch Dexter and actually enjoy it.

This has became a favorite show of mine (obviously) and I'm going to try to keep up with it while I can, even though I've never had showtime, i'll have to wait for DVD's or find ways to download episodes, even though i'm against that. This show is worth every penny i've put into buying the DVD's. The next thing i'm going to be buying is 'Weeds'. I've never seen an episode, but I just bought 3 seasons of it, hope it's good.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:26 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2009, 06:26 PM #2 of 21
I really liked the first season, but the second season started off not that good, got a bit better and then turned towards a direction storywise I didn't like. If they made a third season I might check it out, but it's no longer the show I enjoyed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:27 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2009, 08:27 AM 7 #3 of 21

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2009, 04:04 PM #4 of 21
I really liked the first season, but the second season started off not that good, got a bit better and then turned towards a direction storywise I didn't like. If they made a third season I might check it out, but it's no longer the show I enjoyed.
If Europe is behind, then we already finished up our third season over here. Might get it sooner or later.

I blame my brother for getting me into this show. Ended up watching the whole third season with him and now I'm slowly backtracking with the two previous seasons. Luckily, my brother already bought the first two seasons.

I love the show though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:00 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2009, 11:00 PM #5 of 21
Yeah fantastic show. Michael C Hall is great.

Season 1 and 2 were practically flawless. Season 3 was a little iffy, but all in all it was another highly entertaining season with Miguel being a great new character. I just know that this show has a short lifespan, because they can only do so much with the concept, and I hope the show real good until the series ends after 5 seasons.

I was speaking idiomatically.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:55 PM #6 of 21
Yeah, the third season was a bit slow, but I thought it ended very well--even though everything seemed to get resolved all at once.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2009, 02:32 AM #7 of 21
I've heard great things about it from several people, and now this thread comes along... Even more tempted to go download/buy it now. Thing is... I've already got a few shows on the go, but... I guess they don't start coming back from the break for another week or so. Maybe I can find it and finish it before they come back. XD

FELIPE NO
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2009, 03:31 AM Local time: Jan 5, 2009, 03:31 AM #8 of 21
This is what they are advertising on imdb

The three-disc Blu-ray release of season one includes all 12 episodes plus BD Live features including the featurettes "The Academy of Blood - A Killer Course" and "Witnessed In Blood - A True Murder Investigation", a Michael C. Hall podcast and the first episode of the third season of "Dexter". Buy it on Blu-ray, available tomorrow.

WHY! SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THEY WOULD PUT THE 3RD SEASON FIRST EPISODE ON A SEASON 1 DVD

yeah that makes a lot of sense.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2009, 07:40 AM #9 of 21
There is a reason why I like that Most recent propped feature. When I saw Capo's post, I was highly amused and totally got the reference then. I got interested in Dexter in context then and read this thread. I was interested in the premise since I do like Saw and I like any kind of show where it shows a person trying to survive his murderous nature.

I took a risk and bought Season 1, I wouldn't say its a risk because I knew it'd be a very good buy to my gut instincts. And mind you, I don't buy DVDs at all. I don't buy shows or seasons or whatever. I hardly buy anything tv related. We only got 24 to seasons 5 and Venture Bros to season 3 and Drawn Together season 1 etc. Most of these buys were from SailorDaravon, my other half. And he's not the type to watch Dexter at all. I'd be just buying a dvd season for myself. And let me tell you, this show is as it says on the blurb, absolutely impossible to resist. Its my guilty pleasure now to watch this.

I have only watched for 4 episodes and now I'm a fan of Michael C Hall. I enjoyed him from 6 feet under when I watched HBO then. He makes it look so much fun to be cutting up bodies for the benefit of mankind. I appreciate the flashbacks with his father who not only is a set reasoning for his kills but his morality. Loving this show so far, and I'm thinking about getting Season 2 and at least maybe 3.

Goes to show you should investigate EVERY prop you see and give.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:12 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2009, 12:12 AM #10 of 21
Showtime: Dexter at Comic-Con

lol What a great homepage. Didn't expect to see such a thing, even though I seen the season 3 finale.

Looks like right after Smits we get another crazy but great actor. Mr Lithgow.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2009, 09:44 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2009, 09:44 PM #11 of 21
UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE.

probably the best season yet. No other show has as much intensity then this besides The Shield and probably 24.

How ya doing, buddy?
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2009, 03:41 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2009, 10:41 AM #12 of 21
That's Bone. And the lettering is something called Cillian Rail.

For real though, I've been meaning to get started on that show for a while now - a friend recommended it.
There's this place that you can rent movies online, they have a trial thing going where the entire first season is free. I just need to finish up South Park and check out Dead Like Me first...

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2009, 05:24 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2009, 03:24 AM 5 #13 of 21
No other show has as much intensity then this besides The Shield and probably 24.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2009, 09:08 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2009, 09:08 AM #14 of 21
Good lord. Lithgow is awesome as a bad guy. The Thanksgiving episode was so damn freaky. Particularly:
Spoiler:
Where the shit hits the fan was insane. Dexter pulling Arthur off and almost taking him out right there. Then the last line of the episode? Didn't see that coming a mile away. Saw the trailer and thought he was going to handle the reporter. NOPE. PLOT TWIST~

How ya doing, buddy?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:06 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2009, 07:06 PM #15 of 21
I only just recently got into this show. I tried to watch it a while back, but the first couple of episodes made it a little difficult to get into. I tried again when they put me on the night shift at work and got hooked around the fourth episode. I spent a whole weekend watching the second half and all of season 2 and I'm watching 3 right now. Can't wait to get to 4.

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:31 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2009, 11:31 AM #16 of 21
This season took forever to warm up. The end to episode 4 made things interesting but then the show fell back into the doldrums until more information was gleaned about Arthur's life.

It's exactly where it should be right now: a thriller.

How ya doing, buddy?
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Dec 3, 2009, 01:56 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2009, 06:56 PM #17 of 21
The twist about the daughter was far too odd for me, but that's just me.

At least things are moving faster this year than in the past. I'm too used to things going SO SLOW that this season seems like a 100m dash. I think I thought Dexter was paced well back then simply because I was watching Prison Break as well, where fuck all happened from week to week at times.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2009, 03:00 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2009, 03:00 PM #18 of 21
This season took forever to warm up. The end to episode 4 made things interesting but then the show fell back into the doldrums until more information was gleaned about Arthur's life.

It's exactly where it should be right now: a thriller.
Needs less AngelxLaguarta BS going on.

AN-HEEEEEELL~

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:46 AM #19 of 21
The ending of this season.

Oh. My. Gawd.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2009, 02:25 PM #20 of 21
Omg yeah! I still can't believe it ended like that! I kind of saw it coming but I never thought they would go through with it.

Spoiler:
Rita was annoying me most of the time, but really not enough to kill her. Now that she's gone, I'll probably miss her. But really Dexter is fucked now. I think his dark passenger might become worst than it was...

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:34 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2010, 07:34 PM #21 of 21
Oh shit Michael C. Hall Has Cancer

Dexter has cancer =(

No wonder he was bald in that after finale discussion with him and Lithgow. And no wonder he went psycho on Arthur Mitchell at Thanksgiving. Actually they both did. =p

At least he is in remission though.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Dexter