Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Changing anime (SPOILERS UP THE WAZOO)

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 06:55 PM #26 of 41
I would put more frames of action and coherence in Black Cat. I mean it was neat to watch at first, but then they skipped more and more parts as the episodes went along. Then they just started to throw every concept together right at the end, with some rather unsatisfactory random jumping around in the last episode.

As for Grenadier: Hohoemi No Senshi I would have put in less "breast-reloading", stretch the episodes out a bit, and make some of the elite senshi enemies harder to defeat, since every enemy was basically dealt with at the end of the episode. More like Trigun, but maybe not as long.

For The Law of Ueki, I would have taken some of the stupid episodes out (eg. sugar -> electricity, and hair -> drill), and added more inventive fight scenes, as well as more development for Rihou's character. I'd like to see more Rinko and Hideyoshi action as well, so basically less Ueki battles, despite creativity.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 07:24 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2006, 06:24 PM #27 of 41
Originally Posted by aku
...they are all out, i have seen 18 in a Borders round here some where....not sure bout the Portugees releases though...to tell you the truth, i hated the acting in both the Movie and the TV series, in both laungueds, and well that turned me off to the whole thing...it wasnt the worset anime i have seen though, its just somthing i will never watch again...
LOL I'm not in Portugal, I'm just Portuguese. I buy all my manga in English (although if anyone knows where I could get the Spanish/Portuguese release of Wataru Yoshizumi's Quartet Game shipped to the U.S. I would be most grateful).

Anywho, 18 is not the ending of X. It will probably end up 20-21 volumes for some mystical tarot-card connection b.s, but at the moment CLAMP has put both X and Legal Drug on hiatus. I had heard it was because of problems with their publisher, but I'm not sure about that. Either way, X/1999 hasn't truly ended.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:26 PM #28 of 41
i think i would probably change the death of Roy Focker in both Macross TV series and The Macross "Do you remember Love" Movie.
He was so awesome he deserved more.(At least in the movie he had a honorable death, but in the TV series, it just sux)

Most amazing jew boots
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 03:10 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 09:10 AM #29 of 41
I would probably change seed desteny so Kira was dead in that raid...Lacus I'm fine with, but Kira was redicilious and pissed over his chracter development in Seed.

I would change Rozen Maiden Traumond ending to have it that Jun goes Beserker on Rozen for the whole incident and takes his magic from him.
Rozen was a screwer of pigs.

Most amazing jew boots
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 04:51 PM #30 of 41
Negima. Kyoto arc.

MORE ACCURATE TO THE MANGA OKAY.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:06 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 11:06 AM #31 of 41
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
Negima. Kyoto arc.

MORE ACCURATE TO THE MANGA OKAY.
Or, you know, just not killing Asuna off completely out of nowhere with barely any explanation.

FELIPE NO
Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:09 PM #32 of 41
At that point killing Asuna off was the only way to make the anime interesting again after the disaster that was the anime's portrayal of the Kyoto arc. I have no idea how they're going to save face for the OVA or if they'll completely dismiss the tv series.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:16 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 11:16 AM #33 of 41
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
At that point killing Asuna off was the only way to make the anime interesting again after the disaster that was the anime's portrayal of the Kyoto arc. I have no idea how they're going to save face for the OVA or if they'll completely dismiss the tv series.
I think I'll have to read the manga, I had a friend give me the anime but the entire series seemed to just tread water the whole way through. Then they killed Asuna for no reason at all I just lost any interest I had in the show.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 09:34 PM #34 of 41
^Ah the death of Asuna.

Spoiler:
It turned out the death wasn't random, but because she made a pactio with an uber demon when she was a wee lass (which doesn't make sense with the first episode with her never seeing magic unless she was forgetting it solely on trauma). Negi breaks teh rules and goes back in time to find said demon and meets icklefink daddykins. Nagi shows off a few demons but gets stabbed and disappears in the process, making lil'!Asuna angst and go make that pact, explaining her magic immunity. Unfortunately for the ten-year-old brat he left a paper trail and all of his class goes to find him. Uber demon sends mass of demons to take care of them but the class finds NEgi and THE ENTIRE DAMN CLASS pactios with him. They all kick demon ass until big daddy shows up. Negi fries it by using his staff and turning lil' Asuna into a death battery, owning it from the inside. It's too late to reverse the pact, but some genius machine from Chao allows her to absorb the energy from that pact with the world tree and nullify it, allowing Asuna to live.

Yeah, that's it.

About the only thing the Negima anime did right was Konoka/Setsuna, and even then they screwed up and neglected Setsuna's half-demon heritage. Assholes.

Most amazing jew boots
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:15 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 02:15 PM #35 of 41
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
^Ah the death of Asuna.

Spoiler:
It turned out the death wasn't random, but because she made a pactio with an uber demon when she was a wee lass (which doesn't make sense with the first episode with her never seeing magic unless she was forgetting it solely on trauma). Negi breaks teh rules and goes back in time to find said demon and meets icklefink daddykins. Nagi shows off a few demons but gets stabbed and disappears in the process, making lil'!Asuna angst and go make that pact, explaining her magic immunity. Unfortunately for the ten-year-old brat he left a paper trail and all of his class goes to find him. Uber demon sends mass of demons to take care of them but the class finds NEgi and THE ENTIRE DAMN CLASS pactios with him. They all kick demon ass until big daddy shows up. Negi fries it by using his staff and turning lil' Asuna into a death battery, owning it from the inside. It's too late to reverse the pact, but some genius machine from Chao allows her to absorb the energy from that pact with the world tree and nullify it, allowing Asuna to live.

Yeah, that's it.

About the only thing the Negima anime did right was Konoka/Setsuna, and even then they screwed up and neglected Setsuna's half-demon heritage. Assholes.
Okay, see that makes it a bit more understandable. I mean, I'm not god damn psychic people, seeing her keel over dead off a tree branch doesn't come across to me as her having made a pact with a demon.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:26 PM #36 of 41
The fact that you didn't stick around means they didn't do a good job of making one want to stick around to find out why.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 06:33 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 06:33 PM #37 of 41
I guess I'll have to take back my comment about Honey and Clover being a little too short, as a sequel just came out! Yay!

Originally Posted by SouthJag
I'd probably increase the series length of Twelve Kingdoms to allow them to explain the Taiki incident, and maybe even jump into the future to see how the kingdoms are developing and how the characters have changed.
My thoughts exactly. When I realized the series was over at episode 45, I frantically Googled the series to verify that it did, in fact, end there.

While I found the beginning of the series to move a bit slow, I eventually really got into it, especially towards the end. The unanswered questions really bothered me, and more on the Taiki would have been great. I felt that, while the anime went over his past in detail, it didn't cover his present state too much. Shoyru's story also seemed to be a strange way to conclude the series, as much as I loved that guy.

I guess I'll be checking out the manga, then.

Something similar could be said about Gravitation. While it wasn't a bad anime, (in fact, I enjoyed it), there was potential for it to be better than what it actually was.
Spoiler:
With Yuki's past, I felt that it could have been revealed in a better way. After learning about it, I thought to myself, "Wait...that's it?" The execution screamed, "There. The secret. Ha."

And there were the characters. They were already so lovable, so why not add just a little more to them, if possible? It felt like the series was sort of "almost getting there" with the characters. Sure, I don't think that spewing out mounds of information about the characters would fit this series too well, but just a tad wouldn't hurt.

Oh well. At least the ending didn't have me screaming in rage.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:03 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 10:03 PM #38 of 41
Originally Posted by elwe
I guess I'll be checking out the manga, then.
Whoa whoa whoa. They have a manga for Twelve Kingdoms?! I know it's based off several volumes from particular Chinese mythological stories but...a manga?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 10:41 PM #39 of 41
/me beats self for not thining of this sooner, THE END OF WR!!!!, what Darcia did was uncalled for, really out there, and unnessiesery!...it bothers me!!!! the could have made it better

FELIPE NO
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 04:58 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 04:58 PM #40 of 41
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Whoa whoa whoa. They have a manga for Twelve Kingdoms?! I know it's based off several volumes from particular Chinese mythological stories but...a manga?
I read that somewhere, but I'll look it up on ANN.

Okay! According to ANN, there actually isn't. That's tragic!!!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 05:20 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 05:20 PM #41 of 41
Tragic indeed. However, in the Twelve Kingdoms thread I posted the remainder of the Taiki arc in a big spoiler -- had to triangualte it between a few fansite forums and what the actual stories suggested. Feel free to check that out for at least some closure with Taiki.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Changing anime (SPOILERS UP THE WAZOO)