Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] E3 2013: "Xbox, turn on PS4 so I can actually play games"

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:37 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2013, 10:37 AM #76 of 79
Christ, I forgot how much of a fucking hippie you are. Stick it to those executive fat cats, man.

"Microsoft won't confirm or deny it, since they have no reason to."
"They just denied it."
"Well you can't trust them anyway since they're corporate talking heads, so I'm going to place my trust in PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET

End quote.

I don't really care either way seeing as Family Sharing is gone regardless and none of us were going to Bone this next generation (...wait.). In fact, I hope you guys are right. Would be much happier knowing that this is a lame feature dropped to return full rights to the user again. But this sourcing is so beyond retarded and unprofessional that I just can't get behind it.

EDIT: Upon rereading my initial response to Daravon, I sounded pretty condescending. I apologize for that Daravon; that wasn't my intention.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jun 22, 2013 at 01:07 PM.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2013, 02:01 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2013, 09:01 PM #77 of 79

You should pay more attention to whom you're addressing, and generally stop being a shitweasel. Your example was a manufactured problem in an attempt to justify outdated business practices. You claimed multiple points of proof and provided none of them. You defended the business decision because an authority figure made it, and you are now sticking by that VERY SAME definition when the authority figure has turned around and said "welp that was a bad idea". You also cited several examples of scenarios based entirely on hypotheticals and personal anecdotes.

Citing Pachter, someone notorious for being as wrong as he is right, is probably not the best move either. The man's a talking head personality and plays up opinions for clicks. It's amazing how people don't realize this in twenty fucking thirteen.

So eat a dick.
Lol whatever. You ask me for proof while you yourself have none. I already pointed you in the direction of studies and gave you good exempels of companies bringing you in their Eco system. You don't need to agree with me I could care less but please don't think you know more about business then either me or for instance pachter ( which I referred to because of his explanation of the sharing system, not as a source of why it would work). So both of you diaperbabiea can eat a dick, I pay attention to who you are when you show me decent level of respect in a conversation, then I gladly discuss this with you all day.

Xoxo

no homo

Last edited by Zip; Jun 22, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2013, 05:07 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2013, 11:07 PM #78 of 79
It was a sound business decision but for one small but hugely important factor. MS tried to enforce a monopoly market for used games and probably thought Sony would play ball and do the same thing, hell right up to their conference most people assumed the same. Instead, Sony have taken the gamble, possibly in the time between the MS conference and theirs, that the money they'll now clearly make from so many people picking up a PS4 rather than a Bone at launch and having a bigger, established customer base as a result will outweigh the cash they could have made from controlling second hand sales. I'm sure the Bone will recover but Sony are going to be in a really strong position for years off the back of this. Whoever made this call at Sony is due for a hell of a bonus whereas some people at MS are clearly gonna get sacked.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2013, 06:22 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2013, 01:22 AM #79 of 79
It was a sound business decision but for one small but hugely important factor. MS tried to enforce a monopoly market for used games and probably thought Sony would play ball and do the same thing, hell right up to their conference most people assumed the same. Instead, Sony have taken the gamble, possibly in the time between the MS conference and theirs, that the money they'll now clearly make from so many people picking up a PS4 rather than a Bone at launch and having a bigger, established customer base as a result will outweigh the cash they could have made from controlling second hand sales. I'm sure the Bone will recover but Sony are going to be in a really strong position for years off the back of this. Whoever made this call at Sony is due for a hell of a bonus whereas some people at MS are clearly gonna get sacked.
Yup. This really was a godsend for them, ps3 might not have been the flop that it sometimes is made to be but they did lose a lot of money on it and seing how the company itself has fallen (lets not forget that they were kings of the world after ps2) so deeply into trouble they needed desperately needed something to gain a momentum on. And the terrible PR work of MS was the opening that they needed. Jason Rubin said it the best, Microsoft might have had the some new exciting features but instead of telling how it's going to help they tried to dictate what we should accept and use.
The thing that I'm wondering is how this will all develop in 3-4 years. I doubt that this generation will be any shorter than the current and what happens when the initial install base has been reached and one of them decides it's time to try something new that the other company can't do. No one is going to be releasing a new console mid-generation and there is a chance that e.g. MS really becomes a multi-media machine and Sony has the only gaming machine (and nintendo i suppose). That would in a way create a monopoly on two different niche markets. Will be interesting to see how both companies attack the coming months tho.

no homo

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] E3 2013: "Xbox, turn on PS4 so I can actually play games"