Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] Joystick 2.0 - Game music concert in Sweden

Cogo
Carob Nut

Member 1859

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 05:25 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 11:25 PM #1 of 3
Joystick 2.0 - Game music concert in Sweden

On Thursday and Friday this week (November 8th and 9th), there will be a game music concert performed in Malmö, in the South of Sweden. The title is Joystick 2.0 and it will be a two hour concert with the following compositions being performed:

Nintendo Medley
Super Metroid
StarFox
Castlevania
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda

Final Fantasy VII
Main Theme

Final Fantasy VIII
Liberi Fatali

Secret of Mana
Fear of the Angels

Suikoden
Into a World of Illusions

Shadow of the Colossus
Sign of the Colossus
Revived Power
End of the Battle

BioShock
Cohen’s Master Piece (Solo Piano)
Main Theme
Dr Steinmann
Welcome to Rapture

Killzone
Helghast March

Commodore 64 Medley
Defender of the Crown
Commando
Delta
The Way of the Exploding Fist
The Last Ninja
M.U.L.E.
Monty on the Run

Untold Legends
Mychty Personne

Halo
Finish the Fight
Halo
Leonidas
Unforgotten

Spider-Man 3
Suite

I think it is a very good concert program. Nice that Suikoden is finally getting attention! I think this will be the first time music from this series is performed live in such a way. An out-door concert called Joystick was being performed in August last year in Malmö and it was a huge success, with reportedly around 17 000 in attendance! Yes, it was free for all, but anyway very impressive figures. Check out photos here: Spelmusik.net

By the way, right now Sweden is a fantastic place to live in when it comes to game music concerts. In September there was a Halo concert celebrating the launch of Halo 3 in Stockholm, now this Joystick 2.0 concert and then in December the world-premiere of the Final Fantasy concert tour. Also, I attended a Play! concert outside Oslo in Norway some days ago.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spelmusik.net - Swedish game music web site

Last edited by Cogo; Nov 5, 2007 at 05:29 PM.
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 08:34 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 05:34 PM #2 of 3
Suikoden!1111111 <- Spam, apparently?

I guess I'll elaborate. It's freaking awesome that somebody is taking note of the music in Suikoden, finally, given the dozens of Suikoden albums that have been released. Into a World of Illusion happens to be one of my favorites, too. I wonder if it will be based off the arrangement that was heard on the Genso Suikoden Music Collection album produced by Kentaro Haneda.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Arcubalis; Nov 8, 2007 at 01:41 AM.
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Nov 7, 2007, 05:15 PM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 12:15 AM #3 of 3
Dang, that's sooooo cool! Too bad I can't go though, as I've already spent my money on the FF concert and can't afford going to the Joystick one. And as it supposedly seems to be tomorrow I can't go anyways as I'll be stuck in orchestra practice myself There's not gonna be recorded anything? Just some wishful thinking

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [News] Joystick 2.0 - Game music concert in Sweden