Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Line-in recording on Vista/7 laptop - use USB device?

neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:01 PM #1 of 2
Line-in recording on Vista/7 laptop - use USB device?

I want to do some line-in recordings on my laptop (for both convenience and practical reasons), but when I tried to simply connect my Wii's audio cables through my adapter to the mic-in port, the audio was overgained and cracking without any way to adjust the input sound level.

Does anyone have any experience with any USB sound devices, such as the ones at Newegg?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:27 PM #2 of 2
Chances are your mic-in port is being overwhelmed by the audio signal. If you have a "Line-in" port on your computer, try using that.
On many computers, the impedance matching of line-in vs mic-in is drastically different, with the mic port being much more sensitive.

As for usb sound devices, just check the reviews and make sure the device matches your requirements. Generally, a higher sampling rate and resolution can produce better audio. (Though there is no guarantee on that. Some companies can really slack off on filtering.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Line-in recording on Vista/7 laptop - use USB device?