Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Pop-Tarts

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:57 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2011, 04:57 PM #1 of 5
Pop-Tarts

Back when I was a kid I was always begging my parents to buy pop tarts since they were possibly the best thing I could ever want to eat. I'd savor every bite (other than the crappy crusty edge pieces). Cinnamon was the only way to go, as well. Who the hell wants to eat fake fruit when you're trying to indulge yourself in a delicious treat.

Of course, now and then my mom would buy the generic equivalent which tasted something like sawdust with a little bit of cardboard thrown in.

However, once I moved out and started to do my own shopping a bit more, I found that pop tarts were pretty blah and just made me depressed because it meant I didn't have time to have any sort of real breakfast.

Lucky Charms, of course, are still one of my favorite cereals.

Did you have the same experience with pop tarts? Is there some other food that you begged for every day but hardly ever got, but now you could care less about?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:02 PM #2 of 5
OH man you just described my highs and lows for pop tarts and Lucky Charms to a t.

I used to like doughnuts a lot but meh. I can pass over those easy. I knew they looked good and taste good, but I sure hate the aftertaste now.

You could say the same for a lot of sweets and pastries. They all pretty much represented what was forbidden as a kid (and worth savoring) and now that you're a free wheeling adult with money to spend and luxuries to gore over, your favorites is not so much of a favorite anymore but mostly a nostalgic memory. ;_________; Chocolate M&Ms is mine.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:37 PM #3 of 5
I used to like poptarts to a degree, but never as breakfast - only as a treat. I much prefer the homemade poptarts these days. With Nutella. Oh my god. So good.

I always wanted Fruit by the Foot. I was totally not allowed to have it. My father wasn't big on packaged food, let alone high-sugar content foods that would send my sister and I into a sugar frenzy.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2011, 09:50 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2011, 06:50 AM #4 of 5
I actually don't mind poptarts or equivalent as a quick breakfast these days. Sure, it isn't as good as a real breakfast, but they're quick without being fruit or oatmeal daily.

I was never huge on begging for poptarts as a kid though, as they didn't have a high interest to me. Hot pockets, on the other hand, were a golden ray of sunshine when my parents bought them for me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 3, 2011, 01:50 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2011, 11:50 AM #5 of 5
Man, I remember for the longest time my after-school snack in middle/high school would be a lava pocket with a big bowl of ramen. Eating lunch at 10:30 AM and dinner at 7:30 sucked.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > [General Discussion] Pop-Tarts