Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

POOL'S CLOSED

Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 08:32 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 11:32 PM #1 of 3
POOL'S CLOSED

DUE TO RETIREMENT (and aids)

Quote:
Thorpe announces retirement

Swimming superstar Ian Thorpe announced his retirement at a press conference in Sydney this lunchtime.

"As of 2:53 on Sunday afternoon I decided that I would not be swimming the world championships (next year)," the five-time Olympic gold medal winner said.

"I also made another very difficult decision - I decided that I was actually going to discontinue my professional swimming career."

Thorpe described swimming as a "security net" and a "safety blanket" and said he felt he had not "balanced out" his life as well as he should.

"I realised I had to prioritise other things, and had let swimming take a little bit back seat at this stage," he said.

Thanks for the thrills, mate.

Here's hoping the AIS proves me wrong, but we're basically fucked for swimming come Beijing, aren't we?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:00 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 12:00 AM #2 of 3
Pretty much. But maybe Thorpie's thrilling acting career or whatever he wants to get into next will inspire whoever we have left to greatness! Little billboards by the poolside, a thumbs up, some victory!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 07:32 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 11:02 AM #3 of 3
We still have a strong female swimming team, but yeah there's pretty much nothing going for the male team.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > POOL'S CLOSED