Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 10:56 PM #676 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
No, I don't know what you mean. :P I wish my repair bills in MC/Ony were "only 12g" and I had 400g+ on me at all times. I wouldn't bitch about repair bills if I had that kind of cash!

I just think it's complete ass to stop other people in a guild from advancing, because that guild doesn't have a complete A-Team ready to jump the new instances bones on day one. (That's what it sounds like to me) Sure, I'm all for advancing and everything but damn, thats got to suck for the new people who are ready for MC/BWL to be denied it because the top 40 can't do Naxx.

Btw so I'm not called on it later. :P If I were to join a guild that has MC/BWL on farm status, then I would still considering myself learning the content. Sure the hard work is already done... for most of them but I'm still learning it. heh. I just hate the people who are complete assfucks who jump ship to a guild that has the shit on farm status solely for loot then when they get all they can get they try to go back into their original guild. If someone did that shit to me (not including friends of mine who've told me they were leaving ahead of time, just people who up and leave at a whim) I'd be all "fuck you. you're not getting back in."
Agreed on the last part but I don't mean to completely stop but those who actually TRIED to do it instead of onyl showing up for MC/BWL. I understand what you mean but I am talking about people who have most of thier tier 1/2 but don't give a fuck about anything else when they are ready for bigger better instances.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:53 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 01:53 AM #677 of 1941
Well shit.

Ran a UBRS run tonite. Was aiming to stop at Rend in hopes of getting his Guardian (off-hand sword) since I already had the one for mainhand.

We get there fast. It drops, I roll after asking for need. No one objects. Then, rogue says "o shit looks good" *roll*
Rogue wins ;_; He was such a lame rogue too... Used daggers and decided to take up using a sword in his offhand just for that blade.

I was a bit upset... But we plowed through mobs fast. Figured we could hit Drak. If he dropped a certain ring/band, his Deflector, or Valor breastplate, I'd be happy. But NOOOOO.

Fearless leader wants to do The Beast. Easy. We kill him fast. Then he summons this Lord Val' fellow. Now. He claims the boss was glitched. But we got *raped*. I mean bad. First time we managed to get him to around 40-45%. But people just dropped off for no reason. We'd kill all his freakin' annoying assassins but the people just dropped dead.

The leader had us walk back. Try again. He soul-stoned. Made us try again (third time). We walk back in, and the instance has *respawned*. Our twit warlock autoruns into a mob we dodged easily and he gets killed. He goes "fuck this" and leaves. Then two other folks do. Then the leader leaves, claiming I was the reason the group wiped because I didn't "thunder clap enough". wtf.

So, raid ends. Right at the bridge to Drakk's room. And I would've liked that BWL attunement through the quest in there! I had all the crap needed. Rrrgh. Pisses me off so bad. Had a lengthy ass run, got gypped out of the main thing I came there for, and got chopped just short of the other goal.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 02:28 AM #678 of 1941
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Well shit.

Ran a UBRS run tonite. Was aiming to stop at Rend in hopes of getting his Guardian (off-hand sword) since I already had the one for mainhand.

We get there fast. It drops, I roll after asking for need. No one objects. Then, rogue says "o shit looks good" *roll*
Rogue wins ;_; He was such a lame rogue too... Used daggers and decided to take up using a sword in his offhand just for that blade.

I was a bit upset... But we plowed through mobs fast. Figured we could hit Drak. If he dropped a certain ring/band, his Deflector, or Valor breastplate, I'd be happy. But NOOOOO.

Fearless leader wants to do The Beast. Easy. We kill him fast. Then he summons this Lord Val' fellow. Now. He claims the boss was glitched. But we got *raped*. I mean bad. First time we managed to get him to around 40-45%. But people just dropped off for no reason. We'd kill all his freakin' annoying assassins but the people just dropped dead.

The leader had us walk back. Try again. He soul-stoned. Made us try again (third time). We walk back in, and the instance has *respawned*. Our twit warlock autoruns into a mob we dodged easily and he gets killed. He goes "fuck this" and leaves. Then two other folks do. Then the leader leaves, claiming I was the reason the group wiped because I didn't "thunder clap enough". wtf.

So, raid ends. Right at the bridge to Drakk's room. And I would've liked that BWL attunement through the quest in there! I had all the crap needed. Rrrgh. Pisses me off so bad. Had a lengthy ass run, got gypped out of the main thing I came there for, and got chopped just short of the other goal.

Sadly, that's where most UBRS PUG runs end. Right before General. Either due to the faggotry of one or two people, or someone getting bitchy about a past drop in the instance and bitch. It's always something. 9 times out of 10 you're the one that gets blamed, even if the person who's fault it was is screaming it at you.

Lord V is a bitch of a boss anyway. I'm dreading when I have to fight him, really.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 02:57 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 02:57 AM #679 of 1941
Sadly, that's where most UBRS PUG runs end. Right before General. Either due to the faggotry of one or two people, or someone getting bitchy about a past drop in the instance and bitch. It's always something. 9 times out of 10 you're the one that gets blamed, even if the person who's fault it was is screaming it at you.

Lord V is a bitch of a boss anyway. I'm dreading when I have to fight him, really.
Whose Lord V again?

And second, get used to it. It's either the rogue's or the warrior's fault. 85% of the time it is. Trust me. Either the warrior whose holding aggro well but then some twit of a caster comes in and pulls aggro and then dies cause he KEEPS DPSING IT INSTEAD OF EITHER BLINKING(or blinking into more aggro like a idiot) or frost nova/walking back and etc. He just keeps DPSing and the warrior totally looses aggro then.

Or the rogue cause some how the rogue in stealth always aggro or some lame shit that it's the rogue's fault.

One time I threw a distract and pulled aggro from the trolls in LBRS cause of that glitch I got blamed for it. I told them it's not my fault it's a glitch and no one believed me till I told them to ask in Org.

Or I love is how I was stealth, everyone is sitting drinking and the boss gets aggroed due to a person whose one or two level below the minmal. He draws the aggro and then blames me cause I was 'infront of them'. I told him, that it wasn't me since I didn't get attacked, he did.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 03:50 AM #680 of 1941
I could kill hunters/mages/locks that continously DPS shit down even after you lose aggro. Like they think somehow they are all that and will kill a mob before it gets to them. (read: Molten Giants/Destroyers) Then they'll yell at you (you being tank or whatever) for not keeping aggro. Well gee.. LET ME SEE. I get 5 sunders in. I spam sunder, taunt and HS as much as I can (mix in shield slam too, occasionally) whereas you do oh I don't know, 4000+ crits 5-6 times in a row? Oh yeah, it's my fault that I lose aggro. LOL.

If you see yourself getting 2-3 crits in a row... don't attack for a few seconds... You may be able to melt faces in a BG like that, but this isn't a BG.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 04:58 PM #681 of 1941
I love how he blamed you for the wipe because of not using Thunderclap.

Seriously. Thunderclap, unless it has some magic uber aggro component to it, is UTTERLY WORTHLESS. = \

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 05:25 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2006, 03:25 AM #682 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Whose Lord V again?
Lord Valthalak. The last boss of the .5 armor quest line.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:26 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2006, 06:26 PM #683 of 1941
Personally I try to avoid doing the tier 0 instances as much as possible. I don't know if it's me or the other players but I feel it has gotten much worse lately to get a good group into those instances. :P

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 12:37 PM #684 of 1941
I have some question for you guys. 1 years ago (or so) I played this game and lately I decide to give it another try (I quit only because didn't have time to play it with FFXI and other things)

so at that time I manage to get a elf druid to lv 23. I started a feral built, but doN,t know if I should continue or change. so what are good druid built that are not only on the healing, if there's not then go with the healing XD

but the bigges question I got to lv 23 on my own and got some decent leather armor(probably not that good thought XD)I did the deadmins instance (the one you have to go kill someone on a big ship in a cave XD) and a high lv druid run me in other one (the one in a prison)

so now i'm at lv 23 and don,t have a clue where to go and what to do. Could you guys please just give me some advice, like where to xp now at least XD

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2006, 01:09 PM #685 of 1941
Ran UBRS again last night. Got some nice gear, including the Valor Breastplate. I was gonna run a PUG instance there but at the last minute, the AQ run my guild had planned fell through and they trekked to UBRS and asked me to join them. I was the only warrior and was left as main tank the whole time.

There was drama of course. My two favorite people in the guild got booted out for some weird fucking reason. A husband and wife that were almost running all the events in the guild. Scheduling and leading them. Darned good players to boot.

Anyhow, we end up losing people and end up having to pick up two of the head guys that were in favor of kicking my two buddies =p At this point I was thinkin' of leaving the guild since she was quite kickass and one of the few folks I got along with in instances.

But the two guys who were higher ups kind of earmarked me since they said I did very well on crowd control. Offered for me to be main tank of the guild if I could get my gear up-to-snuff with their current main who isn't on much.

Anyhow, the guild as a whole got chummier with me right after that. Not that it was unfriendly, but there weren't many folks I talked to. I ignored guild chat for a while but I guess he might've mentioned I'd be next in line for MT. This is a good thing, as I'll get first dibs on kickass tanking gear on our raids =) Now, the new gear...:

http://thottbot.com/?i=16549 (never saw this before in all five of my UBRS runs, oddly enough)
http://thottbot.com/?i=18612 (nor this!)
http://thottbot.com/?i=18832 (<3)

Still gotta get these three...:
http://thottbot.com/?i=19405 (lost out on this three times now)
http://thottbot.com/?i=18989 (never seen it drop =()
http://thottbot.com/?i=18260 (LOST ON IT ;___; )

Gonna run UBRS again later today.

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 06:32 PM #686 of 1941
Painweaver band should go to a hunter or rogue before a warrior. Fury warriors can kiss my ass, they should get things last.

Funny sory about that Dal'Rend, when I rerolled on Turalyon in March and leveled up to 60...my first UBRS run ...Rend dropped both the Sacred Charge and Tribal Guardian for my sword rogue. I was very very happy.

We raided Naxx tonight, death knight wing trash pulls are easy....first boss is not.

Double Post:

I did him a couple weeks ago, easy fight if you know what to do. Kill Shades...they are priority. DPS him from behind unless you are main tank...and when he starts shadow bolting...DPS the hell out of him. Killed him twice, warlock got his awesome looking staff. Sad part is, I can upgrade the last two pieces of Shadowcraft...but ive yet to get the tunic. :/

Last edited by khan0plinger; Jul 1, 2006 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 06:41 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 01:41 AM #687 of 1941
And I only miss the head piece. :P

Inhert you should head to Darkshire. I have one warning though, socical aspect of this game is to cry over compared to FFXI.

FELIPE NO
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:28 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 12:28 AM #688 of 1941
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=AVZ0xGuGxotZxV0p

This is my wtfpwnyouinthefacetomakekiddiesscreamnerflocksbuil d.

Heh...

It's my demo/soullink build though they did nerf soullink hard by banishing pets but it's so hard to tell if someone has soullink but I still just banish lock pets out of habit even before this nerf. It's a good/bad nerf but meh, usually most locks I've seen since I play horde, they don't banish besides the fact I use the voidwalker/felhunter combo to kill people. I rarely summon succy/imp and that is mainly cause of the fact that the voidwalker can be saced for a shield.

That and I have the trinket to get that voidwalker back + fel domination. I = pwnzors.

How ya doing, buddy?
Originally Posted by Zio
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 01:32 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 01:32 AM #689 of 1941
Well. Ran ZG tonite. With my guild and an old buddy who made the 20th member (priest). Never ran ZG with this one guy before. But CHRIST. He takes more breaks than a 400lb man climbing stairs, to quote my friend. THREE HOURS to kill the Serpent, Bat, & Spider bosses. THREE HOURS. Hell, probably closer to four now that I think about it.

Hits 1:30am and I pull the plug on my modem to stealth-quit. Since they were taking ANOTHER break but this involved going to IF.

But, after killing the Spider, this hummer dropped:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53638

Outrolled five warrior for this. Darned nice ring ;D

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 04:56 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 02:56 AM #690 of 1941
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74751681115350

Best Video Ever

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 06:29 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 04:29 AM #691 of 1941
Originally Posted by Gechmir
THREE HOURS to kill the Serpent, Bat, & Spider bosses. THREE HOURS. Hell, probably closer to four now that I think about it.
Holy shit.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:54 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 10:54 AM #692 of 1941
Originally Posted by Six Machine
Holy shit.
Problem was that the leader would talk. And talk. And talk. And talk about how to take down each group. Run through it again. Christ, I fell asleep quite a few times... >< Talked to a few folks in the guild in private about it. I can understand being safe, but Christ. I've never been so bored before in WoW. There was a massive break after every big fight. We wiped at each boss and once that happened, he'd talk for 20 minutes about the strategy.

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:03 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 09:03 AM #693 of 1941
Good god, that's a lot of chat for ZG. It's like the opposite of my Ragnaros explanation to the guild back in the day.

"DPS Rag."

"And then what?"

"DPS the sons."

"Is that all?"

"Uh.... don't die."

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 11:09 AM #694 of 1941
I'm seriously thinking about leaving. They kicked this duo who were fucking awesome at running groups quick and efficiently. If this guy leads everything, I'm just gonna vamoose.

When I unplugged my modem, my little "to next level" indicator that shows how long I've been online said I just cracked five hours. About an hour of that was waiting for ZG, twenty or thirty to get grouped up. The rest was puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure ZG. Hell, I could've done a full UBRS run to Drak then did another run to Rend in that amount of time. Which would've been nice.

Oh well. At least I got a nice ring <3

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 11:40 PM #695 of 1941
Rogue review info:

Quote:
# The following talents have been removed: Improved Deadly Poison, Improved Distract, Throwing Weapon Specialization, Improved Vanish, and Rapid Concealment.

# Improved Instant Poison is now "Improved Poisons" and increases your chance to apply ALL poisons by 2/4/6/8/10%.

# Rapid Concealment has been merged with Camouflage, by combining these talents you not only get a great talent to start off the tree, but obviously it frees up a number of points to be spent elsewhere.

# Murder will now also apply to all finishing moves. The benefit this will provide to output and attack combinations is fairly straightforward.

# Vile Poisons now gives your poisons a chance to resist dispel effects, in addition to increasing poison damage.

# Improved Kidney Shot has been changed, and will instead increase the damage taken by the target while they are affected by Kidney Shot. This talent no longer reduces the cooldown of Kidney Shot.

# Improved Sprint has been changed, and will instead have a 50/100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when you activate your Sprint ability. This talent no longer reduces the cooldown of Sprint.

# Improved Evasion renamed to Endurance, and will add a Sprint cooldown reduction.

# New talent Weapon Expertise in the Combat tree, increases your weapon skill with all melee weapons. The recovery of damage with an increased weapon skill should be a good boost to overall output.

# Initiative is being reduced to a 3 point talent, but resulting in the same 75% end chance to add an additional combo point.

# Elusiveness is being reduced to a 3 point talent, but resulting in the same 75 sec cooldown reduction to Evasion, Blind, and Vanish.

# Ghostly Strike now has a reduced Energy cost, the reduction of Energy was enough to make it necessary to also reduce the damage output slightly.

# Improved Garrotes damage reduction will be removed. This is being changed as part of an overall improvement for Garrote.

# Setup is being moved higher up in the tree, becoming a 16 point talent with no prerequisites, helping move the talent in reach of specific builds.

# New talent Heightened Senses in the subtlety tree, increases your Stealth detection, and reduces the chance for you to be hit by spells and ranged attacks.

# Hemorrhage will be moved up in the tree to become a 21 point talent. This should help to place the ability in a more reachable position, and allow for a little more versatility with specific talent builds.

# New talent Deadliness in the Subtlety tree, increases your Attack Power by a percentage.

# Premeditation will have its Energy requirement removed, changed to an instant cast, and range increased. Its cooldown will remain the same. Premeditation will now be pre-reqd by Preperation.

# Vanish will now remove effects that allow the caster to remain aware of the rogues presence, such as Mind Vision and Hunters Mark.

# Garrote, Rupture, and Eviscerate are being increased in damage. More details to come.

# Expose Armor will now reduce armor by a percentage.
I am SO FUCKING JEALOUS. Improved Sprint removing snares? Old imp Sprint consolidated with Imp Evasion? Expose Armor not only stacking with Sunder Armor but also reducing by a percantage (i.e. SCALING)?

God fucking DAMN, I wish Drysc did the Shaman review SO MUCH.

FELIPE NO
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 02:35 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 12:35 AM #696 of 1941
I wish Intercept removed snares.

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 04:03 AM #697 of 1941
Been trying to do that midsummer festival quest to get that captured flame pet. ended up getting into a group no sweat for the LBRS and Strat flames. (me being 58 both times) Also ended up with more than just touching the flame. Shadowcraft gloves fell in LBRS (first run) as when we did Live Strat, Cannonmaster dropped his Shadowcraft Spaulders~ Which now ups my count to 4/8 Shadowcraft (after buying the bracers and belt dirt cheap).

Scholo has been hard to find a group for.. and it's a big change for me to run as well since I'm used to tanking the place instead of being DPS. I ended up going in before the scourge event ended on our server and walked out with the Lord Blackwood's Sword. (looks pretty cool with the black mist aura around it) http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53582

Now all I need is the Dire Maul flame... which well, has been a pain in the ass to find a group to go in. :\

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 01:26 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 10:26 PM #698 of 1941
So when are these improvements supposed to happen for Rogues? I'm rolling two of them and, needless to say, I'm pretty excited.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 01:58 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 11:58 PM #699 of 1941
It'll come in a little bit, with patch 1.12. It's already under development, and it's nothing big, just cross-realm BGs, a supposed return of World PVP, and the Rogue review and hopefully a shammy re-review >.>

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 10:41 AM #700 of 1941
If I were to hazard a wild guess as to when the next patch comes out, I'd say mid to late August based on Blizz's previous release schedules.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft