Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:10 PM Local time: Feb 18, 2008, 07:10 PM #1 of 595
How about a spoiler warning in the thread title?

I love the new season so far. New characters are actually pretty awesome. I thought Dan simply had a shitty actor at first, but after about ten minutes I realised that the acting was intentional.

Good all around. It's keeping me gripped as ever.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 25, 2008, 07:31 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2008, 12:31 AM #2 of 595
Nice episode, but nothing particularly earth-shattering. I guess I'm not too focused on the character twists as much as I am on the whole picture.

Best part of the episode was seeing Philip K Dick's VALIS being pulled off the shelf and given to Ben. One of my favourite books ever.

Thoughts about the freighter interlopers:
I'm not sure what I think about the whole ghost-talking thing going on with Miles, although in the flashback in ep 2, we see him doing his stuff with nobody around, so it's unlikely to be a smoke-and-mirrors affair.

Daniel... I think he's some kind of savant. The whole weeping in front of the news broadcast thing, the fact that the script and subtitles for that episode point out that he has a caretaker, the total awkwardness and the cardcounting all combined? Yeah.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Krelian; Feb 25, 2008 at 07:35 PM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:39 AM Local time: Feb 29, 2008, 03:39 PM #3 of 595
Well that was probably the BEST FUCKING EPISODE EVER.

Seriously. Let's weigh the advantages here.

- No cliffhanger ending. Self-contained and satisfying as fuck.
- Unusual mechanic. Unexpected shit. Time travel. Gripping.
- We see new shit and meet new characters. Freighter, etc.
- Desmond.
- Stack of Philip K Dick references. Pink laser, etc. VALIS is pretty fucking awesome.
- Daniel Faraday is the best new character outta nowhere so far.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:55 PM Local time: Feb 29, 2008, 10:55 PM #4 of 595
Originally Posted by Sousuke
Also~ Did anyone notice the tons of Easter Eggs in the auction house? The Black Rock, 'Item 2342' [which not only was the setting for the machine, but '23 42', from the Numbers], seven years, Hanso...
I'm not sure you know what an easter egg is.

The numbers? Yes. Hanso/Black Rock? No.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 04:19 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2008, 09:19 AM #5 of 595
I'm not really sure if 'Kevin' is Ben's man on the boat.

What opportunity did Ben have to tell him what to do when he got there?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 10, 2008, 06:06 AM Local time: May 10, 2008, 11:06 AM #6 of 595
Caught up with the last three episodes. Here's some extra text just to make sure spoilers don't appear in the recent activity box on the index.

Spoiler:
PISSED OFF at Alex's death. ;_; seriously, didn't see it coming.

Also, busy wondering what the new DHARMA logo is. The Orchid?

But seriously. Alex. BAWWWWW.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 04:17 AM Local time: May 11, 2008, 09:17 AM #7 of 595
Interesting tidbit from the article...

Quote:
Citing the seventh Harry Potter book, in which J.K. Rowling broke her usual year-at-Hogwarts template, executive producer Damon Lindelof says, ''We're taking the same approach. You think the show is, 'Okay, they're on the Island, and then — whoosh — you're in the past or the future.' By the end of season 4, I think the audience is going to go, 'How can the show continue to be that?' And they are absolutely right.''
I'm guessing this means no more island.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 03:38 PM Local time: May 11, 2008, 08:38 PM #8 of 595
Lost Experience / Find 815 = very creative, trendy marketing method. Never been involved, but every time some kind of new step in the games were completed, I got giddy for details. I hope they do at least one more of these between seasons.

Also, another batch of Missing Pieces would be nice.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 05:16 PM Local time: May 14, 2008, 10:16 PM #9 of 595
They'd better be dead.

I will bomb something if they're suddenly reintroduced.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 02:45 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 07:45 PM #10 of 595
Theory time.

Spoiler:
Sawyer could die OR stay on the island. Neither would make a difference. However, that "errand" Kate's doing for him = something to do with his daughter.

Jin dies in the explosion. Michael = fuck knows. Desmond's reunion with Penny is too thematically important not to happen.

Ben's "waking up in the desert in an Orchid jumpsuit" flashforward = happens DIRECTLY after - or concurrently with - the season finale's events.

Richard's test = reincarnation. (Buddhist themes are all over the place - what up, dharma?) Jacob is dead. Richard thinks Locke is Jacob reborn. However, this is clearly not the case. "The knife doesn't belong to you." Regardless, the Others clearly believe Locke has a special relationship with Jacob.

The Orchid = pretty powerful shit, obviously, as detailed above. "Moving the island" = obviously the island has already been shown to exist in some kind of environment independent of the laws of physics, so moving it = hardly unexpected given the show's standards.

Or... Let's think about another possibility - the Kahana's doctor washes up dead on the island before he's killed. Daniel realises exactly what's going down, but is choosing not to tell us because he's shitting himself with fear. The ep 'The Constant' has shown him to be knowledgeable in the field of time travel. He has a sketch of the Orchid logo in his book. Panics when he hears Ben's headed there. Orchid orientation video shows a bunny being 'duplicated' (occupying the same room as its future counterpart).

They're moving the island...
Spoiler:
THROUGH TIME =o
Spoiler:
Also Richard is a time traveler. Not an old dude.

Last edited by Krelian; May 18, 2008 at 03:13 PM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 04:02 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 09:02 PM #11 of 595
Michael can die.

The suicide attempt survival thing was in the past. He's already helped out.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 06:37 PM Local time: May 18, 2008, 11:37 PM #12 of 595
I don't think Sawyer can die because in one of the FF's between Kate and Jack, didn't Kate say "we need to go back for him" or something like that?
No, Jack said "we have to go back [to the island]". Kate said "I have to go back [home] for him" - 'him' obviously being Aaron.

Sousuke - really, REALLY doubtful it's a coincidence; the producers leave shit like that in all the time. Numbers are everywhere.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 19, 2008, 01:12 PM Local time: May 19, 2008, 06:12 PM #13 of 595
So tempted to look.

But won't.

An unexpected twist isn't something I'd put past the show, but if it's something incredibly fucked up and odd, then... :/

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 19, 2008, 06:15 PM Local time: May 19, 2008, 11:15 PM #14 of 595
Alright, gave in and read a brief snippet of the finale spoiler.

If I read what Uzuki did, I'm not really complaining. Frozen Donkey Wheel (reading the spoiler = what this is should be apparent) sounds fucking AWESOME. Can't wait to see this.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 07:19 AM Local time: May 20, 2008, 12:19 PM #15 of 595
Don't forget that the guy who leaked the finale details said he'd only gone over the "big" bits. There's plenty more to it, I think - check the press release.

Cast list:
Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday
Ken Leung as Miles Straume
Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis
Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus
L. Scott Caldwell as Rose
Malcolm David Kelley as Walt
Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert
John Terry as Christian Shephard
Sonya Walger as Penelope “Penny” Widmore
Alan Dale as Charles Widmore
Kevin Durand as Keamy
Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle
Anthony Azizi as Omar
Alex Petrovitch as Henrik
Starletta DuPois as Michael’s mom.

Conjecture:
So the leak hasn't accounted for how Christian, Walt, Penny, Charles, Marvin Candle, Henrik (Portuguese guy from S2 finale's listening station) or Michael's mother are going to fit into this.

I'm most excited about Marvin Candle. Are we going to see him in the flesh, or will we see the full Orchid orientation video (not the comic-con outtakes)? Also Richard - I want to see the Temple...

Also, I believe they said a while ago that the four-toed statue would make a reappearance as a topic before the end of S4, but considering it's been slightly truncated since that was announced, we might have to wait for 5. Bah.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jun 3, 2008, 11:02 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2008, 04:02 PM #16 of 595
Quote:
I also think Sawyer told Kate something about a possible child he might have that he wanted her to tell something to.
Clementine Phillips - Lostpedia

Lost Easter Eggs - Lost Whispers - 413 - Sawyer to Kate on Helicopter

Seems pretty conclusive to me.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jun 3, 2008, 05:28 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2008, 10:28 PM #17 of 595
Not sure if I'd agree...

"The island needs you" sounds a bit like him, but the rest - not really.

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jun 11, 2008, 06:08 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2008, 11:08 AM #18 of 595
Quote:
Spoiler:
If season 5 is about what happens on the island after the move and how Jack and friends get back, what the heck is season 6 and 7 going to be about?
Season 5 will be the final season.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:06 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2008, 03:06 PM #19 of 595
SO!

A new ARG has started. This year, Comic-Con brought with it a trailer of sorts (well, a viral vid) teasing S5. We learn Marvin Candle's real name and other fascinating things are hinted at.

YouTube Video

Also, the Dharma Initiative has a new logo (that's Dharma and not DHARMA - odd):

Talk about building hype early. I shall be keeping an eye on this one.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:38 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2008, 03:38 AM #20 of 595
Ahhhhh oh god. I am impatient for new content. They've barely even been drip-feeding bits of plot this year; the latest ARG was weak as fuck.

Can't wait for the return of the weekly ritual/habit.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 20, 2009, 09:15 AM Local time: Jan 20, 2009, 02:15 PM #21 of 595
Can't fucking wait. Season three left a bitter taste in my mouth, and although that lingered for the first few episodes of the fourth, it quickly turned into the best fucking season of any TV series I've ever seen. The Constant, Cabin Fever... So many amazing episodes. All killer, no filler.

Hopefully the fifth season will continue to deliver.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 04:34 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2009, 09:34 PM #22 of 595
I thought the premiere was pretty good. They brought out the characteristic mindfucks in force (although, aside from the first five minutes or so, most of it was fairly predictable), and confirmed a few things people have been wondering.

Here's hoping they'll follow BSG's lead and cut the fuck down on one-off filler episodes. Everybody who gave a fuck about Jack and his goddamned tattoos has hopefully stopped watching by now.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 08:56 PM Local time: Feb 6, 2009, 01:56 AM #23 of 595
What with all the time-jumping malarkey and the show's propensity for CRAZY TWISTS :O, I wouldn't be too surprised if the people shooting at them from the other canoe were friendlies. Or even themselves.

I'm VERY interested as to who the hell the canoes belong to, though. Another new faction? What, so that makes:

The Flight 815 survivors
The Others
The Dharma Initiative
Widmore's mercenaries
The island's "natives"
The company of soldiers Widmore was a member of in the 50s (unless they're native to the island, too. Who knows? They heeded Richard and spoke Latin...)
These new fuckers
And whoever Matthew Abbadon represents. That's pretty much the most compelling mystery for me at the moment.

Apparently this episode was the debut of a new writer... I thought it was nicely pulled-off. Far better-paced than 5x3 was, at least. Nice to see Jin survived the Kahana explosion (and that he was within the Island's radius when Ben worked his magic down in the Orchid).

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:34 PM Local time: Feb 6, 2009, 03:34 AM #24 of 595
I figure one of the time-jumping adventures will show the four-toed foot statue intact. They can't not pull something like that; it's given the writers a huge window for exploring the island's history.

e: Oh yeah, just remembered. A new DHARMA logo apparently made its debut in the premiere.

Last edited by Krelian; Feb 5, 2009 at 10:38 PM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:43 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2009, 10:43 PM #25 of 595
Quote:
And the TEMPLES? What the hell. Our survivors have been all over that island and they never saw ruins before.
Well, there have been a few instances...

I'm assuming the main reason we'd not seen the temple previously is down to it being in what Rousseau called "dark territory" - which, aside from their trip to the Black Rock back in season one, the survivors stayed the hell away from.

This week's ep was decent. I'm a little miffed at Hurley et al turning up with no explanation, but I'm sure they'll develop on that later. Ben had some fucking awesome moments, too. Probably the most interesting plot point so far is the existence of a Dharma station in LA - could mean that there are others elsewhere in the world...

Also, it seems Jin's jumpsuit was emblazoned with yet another new Dharma logo:

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]