Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Teioh
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 61

Level 21.10

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:37 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2009, 07:37 PM #1 of 595
Tonights episode wasn't useful but it had some strong minutes. Watching a Locke episode was nice again and that together with an interview with Michael Emerson just made me think of something I need to put to text
Spoiler:

Did anybody read the summary to that interview Lost Spoilers - The Ultimate Lost Spoiler Site: Michael Emerson Interview ? Now I know parent issues aren't new to Lost but I'm feeling there's more to the children thing that Michael Emerson mentioned. The others almost look like a group of orphans to me. Not one of them is young, but that's cause they stopped aging at a certain time (maybe when they lost their parents?). It's notable that the others made Ben kill his father, as they wanted John Locke to kill his. They only accepted them when they chose to live on as orphans, so to speak.

In the end, does it surprise that Jacob acts like a father figure, especially when you take into consideration his *close* connection with Christian Sheppard.
I'm 100% sure there's more to all of this. And I'm sorry if I'm coming up with something old but I don't read theories.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Teioh
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 61

Level 21.10

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 10:18 AM Local time: May 24, 2010, 05:18 PM #2 of 595
Spoiler:

I admit feeling a little stupid, cause I watched the show for all the wrong reasons. It wasn't clear to me that the island was just a setup for the usual TV show drama, love triangles and betrayals.
None of the history of the island mattered in the end, nothing was explained.
It's especially stupid because sci-fi elements like time travel and electro-magnetism as the answer to everything took enough credibility from the writers, they could as well have come up with some idea for the rest (statue, cave, jacob's mother, the wheel)

I did care for the characters. The interesting ones like Ben or Jacob, those who became useless as soon as their stories were told and there was no more potential/room for another love triangle.

There were probably some clues in this episode, such as the symbols on the plug, but who's seriously going to decipher these.
They could as well have ended the show with the line from Across the Sea "Every question I answer will simply lead to another question."

Glad it's over now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Teioh
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 61

Level 21.10

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 02:22 PM Local time: May 24, 2010, 09:22 PM #3 of 595
Those aren't science fiction elements, They're story-telling devices. Science fiction is a genre that Lost is not a part of.
Well, yes. Time travel and pseudo-science are science-fiction elements. I agree they failed in this regard but it's entirely forgivable considering the mystery elements that kept the show running.
Every cliffhanger between seasons (except for the revelation of the flash forwards) was related to the mysteries of the island, not Jack and Sawyer.

On second thought, though, the finale wasn't that bad.
Spoiler:
Remember how purgatory was a popular theory in season 1? I know it was my favorite, so it's unfair to cry about it now. I loved the flashbacks of the characters when they remembered, it was a nice recapture of old times.
Reading opinions on other boards, it makes more and more sense (e.g. why some characters were absent at the church) and I'll just have to accept the Egyptians found this island before Jacob and Samuel(!). The stone plug still bothers me, though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]