Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 04:13 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2008, 07:13 PM #1 of 595
Well I'm one week behind you Americans (which is awesome 'cause we're usually a couple of years behind etc), but I can comment on a few episodes. I thought the Desmond time-travel episode was one of the best ever, no questions asked. It was the best self-contained episode in the entire series; then again, the competition isn't exactly fierce (that episode with spider bites and paralysis, wtf?)

The episode after that (that we just received over here), a Juliet-orientated one, was ok I guess. It tested my patience because I really, really hate that Charlotte chick. Cold as ice and rather bitchy; piss off, I say to her.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 11:05 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 02:05 PM #2 of 595
I think you mean Aaron, not Jin. If Jin had died off island his DOD wouldn't be the date of the crash.
I'm of the opinion that Jin's the last. I mean, the term oceanic six refers to people who were on the plane and were then rescued. Aaron wouldn't have been counted on the manifest, huh? He was in Claire's belly~ So maybe he's the +1 in the Oceanic Six + 1 (<-- LOST pop group ) So yeah, 99.9% sure it's Jin.

As for the Date of Death on the gravestone:

Spoiler:
As far as people on the mainland know, those on Oceanic Flight 815 are dead. Whidmore supposedly staged the entire wreckage that was found under the water by goin' and digging up corpses etc. So it's only natural that every character would have their own gravestone, with the date of the crash engraved on it.

A couple of other things I'd like to say: Locke's starting to get on my nerves a bit. I mean, I was never one of the Locke haters nor was I a...sympathiser, but he's just too crazy nowadays. I'm a bit conflicted, but I've noticed that when Locke goes on his usual "<3 jacob & island <3" rants, I occasionally just roll my eyes and wish they'd progress to another character (not Jack though). But still, I realise he's a central part to the story and the plot would kind of lose a certain flair if he weren't there.

Spoiler:
And @ death of Danielle, or as I still call her, the Crazy French Lady. The way she went down was...kind of a downer, really. Disappointing, underwhelming; don't think she was a popular character, so they decided to give her a quick, succinct death. Sucks about Ben's daughter too, I guess.

Also, Tom's gay? =O (I kind of had my suspicions when he said to Kate that she wasn't his type, back at the start of season 3 I think it was.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Muzza; May 7, 2008 at 11:10 PM.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 10:18 PM Local time: May 9, 2008, 01:18 PM #3 of 595
Can't belived I missed the whole Jin flashback thing...I guess I should pay more attention. I just jumped to a conclusion that the forwardness applied to him as well as Sun, since the nurses said "Oceanic six" when she arrived at the hospital.

Re: the term "oceanic six".

I'm probably just reading too much into it, really. It's just that the term oceanic directly relates to the aircraft, so it's my assumption that these six people were on the oceanic flight as people (not a fetus). But yeah, considering "lost lol", we'll just have to wait in order to see all of these crazies divulged.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 04:53 AM Local time: May 11, 2008, 07:53 PM #4 of 595
So wait, what's the general consensus on The Lost Experience? Is it something everyone that's cool is aware of? Or is a thing you've just tossed under the rug?

I remember a year or so stumbling across the whole Hanso Foundation shenanigans; the website, which isn't currently functioning per se, was kind of interesting, kind of wtf-like and kind of creepy. =/ I remember Joop's corner or something, which focused on the Hanso Foundation's ancient Orangutan...and when you clicked something or whatever, the screen would warp and be particularly frightening.

So yeah, what's up?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 02:50 AM Local time: May 16, 2008, 05:50 PM #5 of 595
^^ [spoiler ](<--without the space) stuff goes here[/spoiler]

I just watched the episode with Keamy going crazy and putting a thing on his arm and the whole Locke flashback thing. So last week's episode, for you Americans. I was reasonably entertained, and seeing that Richard guy in the past was interesting, what with the whole knife thing and all. And that guy who talked to Locke at the hospital (same one who spoke to Hurley a season or two ago) really creeps me out. =/ Seriously.

Spoiler:
Oh yeah and Claire is so dead etc. And the scene with Ben and Hurley was awesome!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 10:10 PM Local time: May 24, 2008, 01:10 PM #6 of 595
^^ Thanks for the extra info!

I just watched the finale part 1 the other day, you know, the fantastic build-up one. I'm not gonna comment until I see part 2 (in two weeks over here, sadly). But things are shaping up to be really epic~

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2008, 04:11 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2008, 07:11 PM #7 of 595
Thanks for the links guys, really interesting stuff. As for the finale, I'd say it was solid. Very entertaining television, but as for series progression and that sort of stuff, it was lacking a certain flair other finales have had. A few things worth mentioning:

Spoiler:
The Desmond-Penny thing is one of the most heartfelt sideplots of the entire series as far as I'm concerned. Desmond is, like, the most awesome, likeable character, so it's great to see him get back together with his girl (in a rather touching way, too, if I do say so myself).

On the other hand you've got the Sun-Jin thing. Ripped my bloody heart out, it did, seeing Sun screaming from the helicopter as the ship went up in flames. I really warmed to Jin over the last season or so, and it's a shame to see him go (or so we think). Also somewhat moving was Sawyer jumping off the helicopter. Very heroic indeed.

That whole thing with Keamy and his gang getting attacked by the Others was pretty sweet. That Sayid V Keamy match was so damn epic I almost fainted. A tiny bit lame was the body armor excuse, but I can live with it ("Ben, you just killed everybody on that boat!" "...So?" <-- so badass it hurts). As for Locke (I picked it from the start that he was Jeremy, btw) and Ben, their little escapades were intriguing. The Orchid orientation video didn't explain too much, but I'm sure there's more than meets the eye. Locke becoming the leader of the "Others" is so Locke-like, too..

The disappearing island nonsense is so silly but so fitting for the lol-wtf-atmosphere. Also pertaining to this atmosphere are the whispers Michael heard in the C4 room. Creepy. (Oh yeah and I love the new Sun. She's already one of my favourites, and this new hardcore, crafty demeanor just reeks of awesome!)

So yeah, wildly entertaining, and it leaves many windows open for the next series. I'm satisfied, but would have liked a bit more.

FELIPE NO
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2010, 07:22 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2010, 10:22 PM #8 of 595
I have to be cautious when I enter this thread because Australia is lost one week in the past (hohoho). But yeah, just chiming in to reinforce how great the Richard episode was. The season's been a bit slow after the great start, with the machinations of Not-Locke being drawn out very slowly, the flash-sideways or whatever being at times fun and at more times frustratingly pointless, and with Kate having screen time.

I mean, Kate. Come on.

Other than that I remain a horrible person for always giving Lost the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure I'll be sent to a purgatorial island when I die because of this.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:59 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2010, 10:59 PM #9 of 595
Yeah Ulana (trying to exhaust vowels here) blowing up was ace. Also how aloof Desmond is. Also the zoom-in on non-Locke's face when he saw Jack (I was laughing, excellent evil stare sir..). I was hoping the cast would erupt into a cheesy song and dance of "everybody loooves Hugo! " to which Hugo would cross his arms and say "You guys!" after blowing up the ship.

Then again that may have been a bit silly and/or confusing.

(I would try to offer theories but it seems kinda moot when you're a week behind everyone else. I like your theory through Krel, nice work.)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2010, 06:43 AM Local time: May 5, 2010, 09:43 PM #10 of 595
Oh man very episode for anybody who has watched the show from the start in particular. Also very dynamic, one of my favourite episodes. Music was annoying at times though (overused in parts).

Spoiler:
The saddest thing is how insignificant the (surely final) death of Sayid was, comparatively at least. It's like they discarded the entire character just before giving him his final show. Neither of his deaths were as emotional as they should have been.

I really hope we see more badass Locke in the next episode. He's so much cooler when he's being all smokey and deflecting bullets then when he's " trust me " Seeing him all really "evil" now is awesome.

And is it just me or was that episode a waste in regards to developing/concluding the flash-sideway plot?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2010, 07:11 AM Local time: May 12, 2010, 10:11 PM #11 of 595
Spoiler:
That flash back to the Adam and Eve scene was pretty much just the writers' attempt at saying "see you guys we knew what we were doing from the start, so there :smug:". I'm sure it was nice for many people though; I for one only remembered the Adam and Eve thing a few weeks ago when I was lostpedia'ing.

Solid episode though. Not as strong as the last couple, and the Richard episode I feel was more involving. Though this gave the island a nice bit of background (nice seeing a relatively thorough answer to the 'wheel' question), and established the motives of Jacob and Man-in-Black pretty well. Not gonna touch the crazy "mother" character with a ten-foot pole though, holy crap I mean what.

And a theory: was the purpsoe of the temple (you know, the location of three or so wasted episodes, humble abode of samurai and John Lennon etc) perhaps to safeguard the water/light/"soul" of the island? The fact that they believed that pool of water was special, and that it indirectly brought Sayid back to life would suggest that Man-in-Black somehow has control over that body of water. Perhaps it's where his presence lies, who knows.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2010, 11:22 PM Local time: May 18, 2010, 02:22 PM #12 of 595
Yeah, Sass, I'm planning on buying a box set once the show's finished and gradually watching through the series again. The Adam and Eve thing in particular has whet my appetite for discovering long-term plans evident (or at least insinuated) in the first couple of seasons. Except I might skip a few of the cage episodes in season 3, the only part of the series I don't have fond memories of...

I'm very excited about tomorrow's episode now. The sneak peek videos on youtube seem interesting; then again, I said the same about last week's.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 07:02 AM Local time: May 19, 2010, 10:02 PM #13 of 595
A very satisfying episode, no real complaints. Nothing extraordinary but it felt like a good prelude to the finale overall. I loved seeing Danielle again, that was tops. Ana Lucia too for some reason (she's such an asshole in every context). And Desmond; oh Desmond I didn't think you could get any cooler jeez. I wonder if Richard's dead though, and if so, how.

As for that post Uzuki quoted, I don't know, isn't a "pendulum in the basement of a church" a bit farfethced?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 09:14 AM Local time: May 20, 2010, 12:14 AM #14 of 595
One of my questions is this: what did The Man In Black do to Sayid that caused him to come back to life...and, aside from probably being blown to smithereens, would anything have stopped him from coming back to life again? Whatever this "darkness" or "sickness" is better be explained.

And what the fuck was the point of Dogen, Lennon and the Temple? Why were they protecting it, what was so special about it, why and when did it stop being special, why did The Man in Black even care about assailing it, and why doesn't he care about it now (aside from the fact that he flushed it out)?
My personal opinion on this temple farce is that it was built to protect the 'lifestream' as it were of the island, you know, the mystical gold river of fairies and dancing and prancing. I don't know where the two are located relative to each other, but I get the feeling that pool of water was the centre attraction of that temple. Given the monster flew out from the source in early AD, one can assume it's somehow connected to it.

When they entered that pool room in the temple to revive Sayid, Dogen or Lennon remarked that the water was dark, suggesting it's usually in a pure state and usually has the capacity to restore life. With Jacob dead it is likely the pureness of this water was tarnished, Sayid being brought back to life somehow by the Man in Black. In this sense, the 'sickness' is likely an influence over a person by dark forces dictated by MiB.

But really the temple thing was a very messy addition to the plot, and should never be mentioned again.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2010, 07:29 AM Local time: May 20, 2010, 10:29 PM #15 of 595
Spoiler:
I very much hope Richard is still alive, but considering how many people have been dying over such a short period of time, I wouldnt be surprised if they rushed it in like that.

It really sucks they downplay the deaths now. Take lapitus for example, we didnt even saw him dying he just said something like "oh shit" and that was the last we saw of him. Same can be said about a lot of deaths recently.
Yeah, Juliet is the character who got the best send-off really (Widmore's was good too, in my opinion). This haphazard treatment of character deaths can largely be attributed to the flimsy writing and pointlessness of many episodes in the middle of the season. With a bit more fine-tuning, so much more substance could have been added. A damn shame, really.

FELIPE NO
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2010, 07:49 AM Local time: May 20, 2010, 10:49 PM #16 of 595
Oh man, I completely forgot about that, oh dear. I was referring to the bomb 'death' (I had no problem with her still being alive after the fall), I forgot she didn't die until later. I remember now, just before dying she told Sawyer 'It worked'...

OK, add that to the List of Haphazardness.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2010, 09:10 AM Local time: May 28, 2010, 12:10 AM #17 of 595
Spoiler:
How disappointing. That finale was a letdown. The action and drama was no where near LOST at it's best (eg. "The Incident"); and it didn't even move me that much (the death of Sun & Jin got me, not the finale). It failed to deliver emotionally and dramatically, and the way the show ended is still not sitting right with me. I could feel my heart sinking when Christian Shepherd (hohoho) appeared ("those bastards"). The happy-clappy ending was fitting in a way for a show that introduced the happy-clappy magical waterfall, in the end a key component in ending the show, only two episodes prior. And what's with Jack's death synchronising with the purgatorial reunion? And why did they "make" Eloise's temple as a place to gather (perhaps because it's the only connection to the island on the mainland, remember the pendulum basement)?

The death of the Man in Black was ultra anticlimactic, and so early too (and no smoke monster at all, WHAT). I was thinking, "so, what now?". What followed were character connections in the purgatory-timeline that were nice if a bit cumbersome. One confusing moment was Boone evidently being in on the whole thing. Why Boone? Add to the swoon factor of the prepubescent girl demographic?? Ben's role in purgatory was one which I found particularly good though, with the implied redemption---if they hadn't done his character justice, arggh. I like to think he and Hurley changed the game so to speak so that people could leave the island of their own free will (which seems a bit too neat but ehh). It was also nice seeing Juliet, though I'm surprised she didn't say, after having her flashbacks, "holy crap I died like three times?".

But therein lies the problem with this finale---it answered nothing, or at least nothing substantial and satisfying. As many in this thread have mentioned, they essentially discarded the mythology to tie everything up nicely for the characters. I would have been cool with seeing a tragic ending if it meant sacrificing some of this niceness (and I say that rolling my eyes) for some more history, mystery-solving and mythology. But really we all should have known this finale would happen after seeing that episode two weeks ago, alarm bells should have started ringing. However I do commend Acer for his post, it makes quite a lot of sense---I was thinking something along the lines of, you know, removing the plug meaning destroying the island, with the Man in Black essentially the spirit of the island (he wasn't aware of this, he thought he was its prisoner). While this is easy to say in hindsight, it would have been better if there had not been any finale or "Across the Sea"; the absence of those two episodes would have given the fans much more happiness and satisfaction in both understanding and enjoying the show.

I'm not ashamed of watching the show because it did interest me throughout and I did find it entertaining...but this finale will mean I will need a lot of time before I even consider finding the want or motivation to watch through the series again. Right now that seems like a ludicrous thing to do, and I may think this for the indefinite future, which is a shame.

Jack wakes up, the in-flight season finale over. He looks around, everybody looks pissed off. "Guys," Charlie says, awkwardly filling the void of silence, "what was that?"

Really, something like this would have been a better way to end the series. Like I said, the finale was disappointing.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]