Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Randi
You may be a sinner but your innocence is mine

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 2, 2010, 09:03 AM Local time: May 2, 2010, 06:03 AM #1 of 595
I think the demon escaped through Locke's body during the whole car crash conflict.

That's why Sun was acting like her whiny self when she was being taken into the hospital.

Am I the only person who has never liked Sun?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 6, 2010, 11:10 PM Local time: May 6, 2010, 08:10 PM #2 of 595
Spoiler:
You know, this episode really pissed me off in a lot of ways.

First and foremost, WTF Sawyer. I've always kind of liked Sawyer's character (even when I hated him in the first seasons, I hated him so much that I loved his character), but Tuesday's episode ruined it for me. Sawyer really needs to realize that he's really not keyed in on what's going on around him.

Secondly, I'm getting really tired of everything dragging along. It just seems that these "loopholes" are bullshit. If Flocke really needed the candidates to kill each other, I'm sure he could have directly manipulated them into doing it by now. After all, he had Sayid pretty much directly under his thumb. I'm pretty sure he could have fed him some lies.

I did like how Jin and Sun died. I thought they were uninteresting characters that had very little place in the show. They were written into the show very poorly in the later seasons. I was especially glad to see Sun go. Now if only Kate could die too, I would be a very happy person. I'm tired of her acting all self-righteous about everything.

/end rant

Really looking forward to next week's episode!

Also I went back and took a look at "young Locke" (the Locke with a fake wig) and had a pretty good lol session.

Anthony Cooper was his Dad? Right. They're like, what, 10 years apart in age?

Spoiler:
Now that I think about it, it makes sense that Sawyer didn't trust Jack. After all, the last time he trusted Jack, Juliet ended up dead. gg Jack.

Also, that was the weakest C4 ever. Why the fuck didn't you just throw the bomb then Sayid?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 12, 2010, 03:50 AM Local time: May 12, 2010, 12:50 AM #3 of 595
What sucks is that this last episode brought a lot more questions than it answered.

Spoiler:
So a magical fountain wtf? Kind of annoying that they wasted time flashing back to Jack's time when he found the bodies seeing as how it still didn't really explain the significance of it.

On the positive side, it was a pretty good overall episode. I didn't get bored or space out, so that's a plus.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 12, 2010, 05:35 PM Local time: May 12, 2010, 02:35 PM #4 of 595
Now that I think about it, the show really feels like the writers L O S T interest (hrhrhr). No but seriously, I mean it's like they wrote themselves into a corner and now they're having a difficult time pulling themselves out of it. It seems like they take it on a day-to-day basis with only cliff notes from the previous seasons to guide them into the new episodes.

Do they even realize they've only got two episodes left?

How ya doing, buddy?
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 12, 2010, 10:28 PM Local time: May 12, 2010, 07:28 PM #5 of 595
Here's some things I didn't think about before (hope I'm not driving people crazy by posting in this thread too much, but no one else is!):
Spoiler:
So, is Jacob really incapable of lying, or is he just one of those people who's not good at it? That would make a huge difference, seeing as how he explained a lot of things to Richard in Ab Aeterno. If he's incapable of lying, then those things he explained to Richard are true.

Random crap I either took from the Lostipedia forums or thought about myself, or a combination of the two (also more questions):

Spoiler:
Remember how Claudia came back from the dead to visit MiB? How do we know that wasn't the smoke monster coming back to manipulate him into killing that psycho bitch, much like how the smoke monster came back as Alex to manipulate Ben into killing Jacob?

Spoiler:
Claudia Procula is the name of Pontius Pilate's wife. Claudia is the name of Jacob's real mother. The time frame would fit almost perfectly.

Spoiler:
Why the hell does the smoke monster sound mechanical in the earlier seasons? Is it just imitating sounds its learned?

Spoiler:
Far-fetched: Cerberus was the three-headed dog that guarded Hades in greek mythology. In one of the past seasons, they referred to the smoke monster as Cerberus. You can run with that in a lot of different directions, but it's been fairly consistent that the smoke monster is supposed to protect to island, even if it doesn't want to. Maybe Jacob was right and it IS guarding the gates of hell, only now it wants to let everything out. If they're in limbo (the outermost circle of hell, considered to be the true gate to hell), then the smoke monster would truly be guarding the gates of hell. The light could be the mouth of hell, or the gate of hell, or just where the smoke monster (cerberus) sleeps. Probably way off, but interesting thinking nonetheless.

Spoiler:
The writers have stated that Walt is going to come back in Season 6. Maybe we'll finally have an explanation about The Others, baby stealing, Walt's supposed special powers, and more.

Spoiler:
Who's that little kid who keeps punking Flocke? It's played by the same actor as child Jacob.

Ultimately, I don't think ALL the questions need to be answered. I'm okay with them not really explaining where "Mother" came from. That's fine. It's not necessary to know where she came from. What made me smirk was when "Mother" said "every answered question would only bring more questions", or something along those lines. Do the writers think they're clever or something?

They must be the two most egotistical assholes in the world to think that the trash they've been writing for the past couple seasons has fooled anyone into thinking that they're genuine, decent writers. The show has manipulated people into watching it, but not due to great writing, it was due mostly to plot holes and an increasing amount of mysteries. It's kept people watching, it's kept the ratings up, but that doesn't make it quality writing. A good example would be music. There's plenty of popular, shitty music. These writers are hacks and there's no denying it.

Can you guys imagine how good this show would have been if it had decent writers? Maybe we wouldn't be watching this out of obligation.

/pause rant for now

How ya doing, buddy?
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 17, 2010, 01:19 PM Local time: May 17, 2010, 10:19 AM #6 of 595
Does it air this Tuesday for the rest of us? I'm really looking forward to this next episode now.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 19, 2010, 05:12 AM Local time: May 19, 2010, 02:12 AM #7 of 595
I think that's a pretty fair and accurate summary.

I wasn't terribly crazy about tonight's episode. It's too little, too late. Now there's the season finale.

FELIPE NO
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 22, 2010, 12:15 PM Local time: May 22, 2010, 09:15 AM #8 of 595
Jesus christ that was fucking funny.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 24, 2010, 07:17 AM Local time: May 24, 2010, 04:17 AM #9 of 595
I'm thoroughly convinced that 90% of all "fans" of Lost are pissed at the direction this show has taken.

Tonight we had a Lost party for the finale. There were a good 25 people there and not a single one was satisfied or even indifferent to the ending. Everyone fucking hated it. As a matter of fact, 10-12 of us walked out in the middle of Christian giving his speech about being dead. What's the point at that point? After the episode we were all supposed to hang out and drink and have a good time, but there were some people who were actually too upset to even stick around that we ended up calling it a night around midnight.

Anyways, my Hurley costume was the shit! Everyone loved it. I wish I would have taken pictures, but I got there about 30 minutes into the show, and as soon as it was over, everyone left, so I didn't get shit for pictures. There wasn't really anything worth seeing anyways, seeing as how most of the characters just wore regular clothes. The only good ones were me, Sawyer (who was actually supposed to be Desmond, but I designated him as Sawyer because he STRONGLY resembled him), and Jacob.

Afterwards I went to a pub with one of my buddies and we got pretty drunk and ranted on and on about Lost to people who didn't even know what the fuck Lost is. All in all a good night, but definitely a disappointing end to six years.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 24, 2010, 11:09 PM Local time: May 24, 2010, 08:09 PM 1 #10 of 595
The only thing that makes sense is that none of it mattered because they were dead anyways.

That's how you explain all the magical bullshit. There is no explanation because none of it happened.

To be honest, I haven't really given much thought to the finale. In a way, I washed my hands free of it at the last second and I won't give it another thought from here on out. Whatever the explanation, I don't care. I'm not going to revisit this show, I'm not going to invest in the complete collection, I don't care to see the alternate endings and I'm certainly not going to be following anymore ABC shows. As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy that I was entertained and intrigued by something for so long.

I'm satisfied in the same way that you would be if you had just gotten out of a really shitty relationship. Sure, you'll probably miss the person and it's disappointing at first, but you choose to remember the good times and accept that in the long run, it probably wasn't going to work out anyways.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old May 25, 2010, 05:48 AM Local time: May 25, 2010, 02:48 AM 3 #11 of 595
I'm actually glad I enjoyed it. You bitter, angry people must be really unhappy and unfulfilled in life.
Or, you know, just pissed off at th ending of a TV show. I'm not sure where you people aren't understanding that raging and/or people happy with a TV show is a completely legitimate and intended reaction. As soon as I saw the direction the show was heading, I could have stopped watching and detached myself completely, but I didn't. Why? Because half the fun is reading people's thoughts and comments, and figuring out what they did or didn't like, and comparing it to yours.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]