Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:37 AM #1 of 595
"Interesting?" I'm not looking forward to it at all.

I can't even sit through flash forwards, let alone knowing that six of the Losties are going to end up on the mainland.

I'm glad that they finally decided to focus on Sayid, though. A little attention paid to the original characters is NICE. I'm sick of being introduced to insignificant, inconsequential characters. (After the whole Nikki and Paolo thing, I don't trust those motherfuckers at all.) I was really upset when I saw Ben was pulling the strings on that whole mission in Berlin.

I'm convinced that this new "freighter" group is what's left of Dharma. (As evidenced by Charlotte in the desert with a polar bear corpse and a Dharma collar).

Why I think I am so resentful to this new season is due to the fact that they've made me sit and wait 8 months, and I feel like the whole plot line is changing. It's moving fast, which is normally fine by me? But I am TERRIFIED they're going to overlook all the things that they've set up in the past and leave them unanswered.

Fourth season, and we still don't know what that goddamn smoke monster is. I mean jesus christ, can we get any more ridiculous?

I'm starting to question why I bother watching at all. I know they're going to break my heart.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 01:27 PM #2 of 595
I think the "man on their boat" Ben was referring to is none other than Michael. I'll bet money on it.
Ahahaha, you're not alone. That's EXACTLY what my friends said too.

I too was relieved when Locke said something about the smoke monster. $20 says they're going to explain it away by saying it's Jacob's spirit or some shit.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:03 PM #3 of 595
Jesus CHRIST, Sprout. That is one goddamned far-fetched theory.

But like you said....it makes sense. Far-fetched and insane, but really, a pretty good explanation, if you like that sort of thing.

I kind of hope that's how it goes. It's totally true about The Stand/Lost have these insane parallels - you can see it as early as season 1.

I hope there's some truth to that theory.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:07 PM #4 of 595
O my, the first episode this season I loved!

Spoiler:
Chris and I were laughing so hard when they revealed that Kate's kid was Aaron. We saw that coming a mile away.

And Ben is right - what's up with the 3.2mil that Miles is asking for? Why that amount?

And what's the "progress" Dan is making while playing cards with Charlotte?

Next week looks doubly good. I love Desmond.

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:52 AM #5 of 595
It was an okay one for a Kate focused episode, but, typically, the Kate-centric are the worst ones.
I'm just happy that they answered the question of "what will happen to Kate when she goes back?" because honestly, I thought they may just dismiss the whole murder thing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 04:48 PM #6 of 595
So I missed it last night, but I watched it this afternoon. Slow work day lols.

I agree with everyone - I LOVED this episode. I love the expansion on Farraday. I love that they got straight to the story with the freighter crew. I love how they dealt with Des and the time-travel.

BUT:
Spoiler:
Since Des got Penny on the phone and "found his constant" in both places, does that mean he's saved? Will he die? I hope not. I love Desmond.

I am SO glad that they didn't divide that shit up into multiple episodes. <3

Also, I guess Ben's inside man knows that Sayid and Desmond are on the boat~

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 09:28 PM #7 of 595
So.

Spoiler:
Michael was indeed the spy. Kind of refreshing to see his face again.

I could have done without all the stupid drama about Jin and Sun and their stupid baby.
Spoiler:
I'm guessing that bit where Jin delivers the panda to Mr. Paik's client or whatever was a flashback? And Sun giving birth was the actual flashforward? This shit is kind of pissing me off.

I liked the idea that the people on the freighter all seem to be going to hell. That's pretty interesting. I liked that bit where whats-her-name threw herself overboard with chains and no one gave a shit. I was lolling.

FELIPE NO
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:56 PM #8 of 595
Radez, we were LOOKING for the date on the headstone and I couldn't remember the day of the crash! 2003 sometime, yes. But I figured on the island, a year hasn't passed yet, so I was unsure!

I am surprised you're enjoying it Jazz. Maybe it's just my stupid high expectations. I feel like I'm being on the wild goose chase with none of the older questions being answered (either explained away by something entirely frivolous or outright ignored). I'm really bitter about all that, what with the opening up new doors while not closing old ones. My friends tell me I need to get over it.

The episodes with Jin and Sun always seem like fillers to me - just something to occupy us for some time. I want more focus on Locke and his camp, less focus on stupid shit like O NO BABIES.

I think I am just really bitter that people are leaving the island in general. I never wanted to see anyone actually get off the island.

I forsee a showdown between Whitmore and Ben. And if that's how this all ends, I will goddamned pissed. I want to know more about Jacob and who he is. I want to know more about the history of the island.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2008, 02:04 PM #9 of 595
Well. Last night's episode was certainly a pisser.

I loved the episode until they
Spoiler:
killed Rousseau. For real, she was my favorite of everyone on the island.

Much speculation about who actually killed Danielle and Carl. I don't think it's the Freighters - I think it's the Others/Island People....JACOB'S PALS. Neither Danielle nor Carl was natives. Maybe Carl was. I dunno. But Danielle wasn't. That may explain it.

I also laughed so hard when they revealed that Tom is gay. I like Tom. Now I have more reason to like him.

Michael can crawl in a corner and die for all I care.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2008, 04:16 PM 1 #10 of 595
Why is everyone so pleased where this show is going. Seriously. Ever week, I get more and more angry.

Spoiler:
For example: SINCE WHEN would Sawyer give a shit about Claire. Calling people "sweetheart" when it's not sarcastic? Trying to be a hero? What happened to Sawyer's character. I don't even CARE if he dies anymore.

And I ABSOLUTELY HATED the typical SLAP IN THE FACE extras who are APPARENTLY survivors from 815 and are staying with Locke, but RANDOMLY come out and get shot, but Sawyer doesn't obtain a scratch from the face off. Ugh, more Arzt, Nikki and Paolo SHIT. I hate it so much.

And I like how out of nowhere the smoke monster appeared, presumed to kill everyone that Marine dickhead was leading, and then in the preview for next week, there he is, alive and well.[/quote]

Every week, they disappoint me more and more. It seems like they're trying to rush towards an end goal now, and throwing all these new people at us without really focusing on anything on the Island.

There's no more mystery, there's no more intrigue, and there's no more fucking interest in watching this show for me.

I will, however, continue to watch it despite all my negativity. Why? Because I feel emotionally connected to the survivors and I want to see what happens. I am sure to be disappointed, though.

I think they bit off way more than they can chew here. They should have stuck to simple intrigue. Now, we're lost in a war between two retarded men (Whitmore and Linus), who seemingly pit these pawns against each other. This is not why I loved the show. I don't care about a Charlie's Angels scenario, I don't care who the good guy or bad guy is - I PLAIN DON'T CARE. Every OTHER thing I watch usually boils down to this typical duality, and I had hopes that Lost would be about something more.

Poor Sayid. I sympathize with him so hard.

LAST GRIPE, I SWEAR:

I am aware that this latest gap in episodes (for the sixteen episode season) was due to the writer's strike, but if they keep trying to reel people in and then give them breaks which are so long and with a show going rapidly downhill, I suspect they're going to lose a lot of their fan basis.

So I am a bitter, bitter person. Shoot me.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:12 AM #11 of 595
Spoiler:
Have you two been paying attention to the show at all while you've been watching it? Sawyer's hard exterior has been chipped away as the show has progressed. From the beginning his relationship with Kate began to change him. They have like personalities and backgrounds, so they shared that affinity and it drew them closer. Whenever he began to get too comfortable (such as being an asshole about his "stuff" to everyone) and push people away, she understood why. Even when he was trying to push people away he still made connections with a lot of the characters and befriended them. Sawyer fell in love with Kate, he called Jack his "closest thing I have to a friend on this island," he got closer to Jin and Michael as they all built the raft together, and most importantly Hurley.

I think at this point is when Sawyer really begins to realize that he wants to be part of the community and not alone. Hurley taught him this in Left Behind by tricking Sawyer "into being decent." Before that he had to face up to what he did to Sun and actually feel something for including her in his con. More recently, how Sawyer reacted to Ben's goading in Confirmed Dead. Ben hit the nail right on the head. On the island Sawyer IS someone. He has friends and people respect him. However, off the island he's just a "low life scam artist" and how could he "compete with a first class surgeon" over Kate. It's obvious at this point that the people he's grown to know really mean something to him and that he wants to protect them.

Basically all of this is leading to Sawyer becoming a leader within their community. After seeking revenge his motivation as a character changed and this is the direction it's going. In Left Behind Hurley calls Sawyer their temporary leader since most of the A-Team was missing and he's next in the leadership chain. I think once the episodes catch up to the flashfowards, Sawyer will be leading them in place of Jack or at least will be looked upon as a leader if nothing else. It's all been a big setup to develop Sawyer as a leader that people can trust and to redeem him. Yanno, that thing called character development.
I think that is purely the shittiest explanation for Sawyer's immediate and radical attitude turn-around ever.

Who the fuck ELSE has changed on the island? I think the point is that people still fall victim to their traits they had on the mainland - while being offered a chance to change, they often revert right back to who they are. Jack hasn't changed, Kate hasn't changed, Jin and Sun haven't changed - NO ONE has been able to free themselves from their own past. And for some reason, Sawyer is now a loveable and caring guy? What kind of drugs are you ON?

I think your excuse is a vehement excuse for the show and it's slacking lately.

Even if you WERE right, they'd have had to address this "change" in Sawyer. If anything, he should go the opposite way (and NOT call people "sweetheart") due to his murdering Locke's dad. They made it very clear to the audience that this was NOT a positive thing for Sawyer.

Are you telling me they're writing this event off, and changing his attitude in the wind without substantiation?

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 09:50 PM #12 of 595
The action sequence was no different from any other show/movie. Jack Bauer dodges hundreds of bullets in one day yet people don't bat an eye. If anything, you should be making fun of Claire surviving a direct hit from an RPG on her house.

Sass, the transition of Sawyer was seen all the way back in season 2. It was just that stupid character arc of him being "the new sheriff" that ruined all of that. More recently, Through the Looking Glass showed that he is looking out for other characters on the show. I, too, thought that the death of Cooper would be a dark turn for the character, but instead it has relieved him of his baggage. It could have gone either way, and who knows, he might relapse.

It looks like they've been hanging out with Aaron, so is it so hard to believe that he would want to save the mother of the baby?
You don't see that interaction too much, and if they expect me to think that Sawyer has changed, I'm sorry, but they're going to have to convince me.

Not only that, but I would resist the change of Sawyer. Maybe I am presently. I don't want another nicey-nice on the goddamn island. We have Jack for that. If you're right, Ben must be sucking up all the evil on the island - it would make sense. ^_^

Quote:
I agree season 4 hasn't been my favorite, but it might be because I don't like the whole freighter saga. Stupid tricks such as the one they pulled in Ji Yeon (flashforward and flashback) make me wonder whether they are taking this set deadline seriously or not.

Seaon 4 is MUCH more balanced than season 3, though. That season had amazing individual episodes, but the overall story arc was bland. Season 4 is really not bad, Sass. You're letting your fears get the best of you.
You're right - I'm not trusting of them at all. When I see things like Nikki and Paolo, most of how S3 was executed, and so on, I get really worried.

While I don't want static characters, I would appreciate reasons for dynamic characters. You can't expect me to bond with Sawyer, Kate, Jack, Locke, or anyone else unless I understand who they are and why they have become that way.

I no longer sympathize with many of the characters. I'm considering not watching because of it. The characters were established in season and and parts of season 2, I understand.

Maybe I am demanding too much of what I think is the best TV show I've ever seen.

Quote:
Also, Jin has changed significantly. So have Claire, Hurley and Desmond. Are we watching the same show?
How has Claire changed? I see the same repeat behavior in her, but I probably won't anymore since I could gauge her character mostly on her interaction with Charlie.

Hurley is just as batty as he was when they got there and Des is changed how?

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2008, 10:43 AM #13 of 595
Last night's ep:

Spoiler:
So that entire episode was predictable. Chris and I sat there and called every single "twist."

O look! Red head understands Korean! O look! Jack is going to go mad after visiting Hurley! O hey, Kate is in the shower at Jack's house! Jack has appendicitis! Didn't see THAT coming!

I think it's all coming in to focus - especially after seeing that bit in the preview about Ben's Dad's friend being "dead for 12 years." I think I know where this is going.

I think Jin's grave in Korea which Sun visits is genuine, now.

A little more focus on Locke next week which will be refreshing. I'd like to see where that's going.

I wish they'd cut the filler crap and get right to the chase, here. I'd be 100% satisfied if they started addressing old issues and stopped with the new ones. Appendicitis. YES, JACK IS A TRAITOR. ISLAND HATES JACK. We got it.

At the same time, I should probably add some POSITIVE to this episode before I get jumped on by the fans:

Spoiler:
I'm glad they did a little more character focus, even if it's on Jack and Kate. I'm glad they revealed a little more this time. I was happy to see Sawyer again, even if his role has been made into saccharine poo. I enjoy watching Jin being protective of Sun.

And I really like Daniel Farraday. He's my new favorite. I was thrilled with how he spoke to Irish Bitch there.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 08:38 AM #14 of 595
Spoiler:
I'm kinda disappointed that the monster didn't kill all those guys. That's kinda bullshit if you ask me.
Meeeeheeee toooooo~

Though apart from the pilot in the first episode, I don't know who the smoke monster HAS actually killed. I may just have a really shitty memory, though.

O. Eko. Yea. I think that was actually Jacob, though. I like how every single tail survivor is dead, except for Bernard. What a WASTE of Season 2. SIGH. Although it was nice to see Ana Lucia go. She deserved it. ugh.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Mr. Coffin is probably not Hurley. It's probably Locke, for my best guess. He's probably the sixth Oceanic.
There are already six: Sayid, Kate, Jack, Sun, Jin, and Hurley. There's no room for Locke. (Like he would ever LEAVE the island, ha ha ha) {I also didn't spoiler the Oceanic Six: that's old news}

Quote:
Spoiler:
I didn't much like the Desmond time travel episode. Didn't make much sense, and too little to do with everything else, I think. Kinda BS filler episode if you ask me.
I feel like that about a lot of episodes. In fact, I sometimes get mad during episodes and yell at the TV for "WASTING TIME" and "CUT TO THE CHASE," that no one...
Spoiler:
...cares if Jack has appendicitis. If you want to scare us, give him a tumor on his spine. THAT would panic me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; May 7, 2008 at 08:44 AM.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 09:16 AM #15 of 595
I'm really kind of upset at the death of Rousseau myself. Seriously. She has been present since the beginning, and what a horrific way for her to go down with almost no treatment whatsoever. She was one of my favorite characters.

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 10:50 PM #16 of 595
Tonights ep:
Spoiler:
Lost's reveals are getting pretty obvious to me, like seeing Abaddon (the black guy)
And how come Richard Alpert never ages? What is he?
And lol at the gun jamming up on Keamy trying to shoot Michael. He's invincible!
Spoiler:
Yea, I saw Abaddon coming with Locke. AND Christian. AND Richard. Richard is like whats-his-name-Horace there, I presume. The Island takes many forms.

The idea which I liked for this episode was the end line of "we have to move the island." It's nice to see ideas from the first season coming full circle here. I was ALWAYS curious about the extreme "tides" back at the beginning which washed away the fuselage. Also, the Black Rock.

I want Keamy dead. No joke. Hate him so much. I was impressed with Michael's response to the dudes, too.

And Ben grows more and more on me.

Still needs more bad boy Sawyer though. :BITTER:

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2008, 11:58 PM #17 of 595
Just a little something that I noticed from last night's episode...

Locke's mother is named Emily. So was Ben's.

Probably just a coincidence.
I'd say.

Locke was visited by his mother towards the end on his stay on the mainland - maybe 10 years before the crash.

Ben's mother died giving birth to him.

While the Island is responsible for many things, I'm not sure I'd chock this up to anything of substance.

I had to think about it for a second.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2008, 11:41 PM #18 of 595
But this week's episode didn't do anything but add to the confusion. Only thing is resolved was the dead doctor. About that, though, it'd be nice to know if the island time is ALWAYS ahead of the rest of the world, or if it changes.
Yea, we were talking about that tonight.

We were figuring time is faster on the island, but it turns out that when Dan had those missiles sent when they first arrived on the island, they were delayed by way too much time. But maybe that has to do with the actual travel route. It seems they have to follow Dan's exact coordinates in order to get in and out of the island's grasp.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2008, 10:01 PM #19 of 595
So it looks like we'll all get to see the season finale at the meet.

The season finale.

SEASON. FINALE. I'm going to choke a bitch. That was both literally and figuratively the shortest season ever. I'm upset about it. But I'm always upset about something.

It was such a great episode tonight, and they have to go and do that shit.

Spoiler:
When I saw all the explosives on the boat and when Sun came out with Aaron without Jin, I assumed that was the last time she'd ever see Jin. But Sayid is down in that room too, so no one is going to blow up just yet, I assume.

If Desmond dies, there's no telling you how upset I'll be. They already axed Rousseau and Alex - like we NEED more.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the explosives was Mikhail ahahhaa

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2008, 01:58 PM #20 of 595
What?
Spoiler:
The only people in the room with the explosives are Jin, Desmond, and Michael. Sayid is back on the island tracking with Kate.
O shit. You're right. Why was I thinking Sayid was on the boat.

Spoiler:
They're all going to fucking die. ;_;

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2008, 02:59 PM #21 of 595
We've all been discussing Sawyer's death as well. We (my friends and I) all figure they won't kill him off until near the end of the show. Like sprout said, he's served his purpose. It's a sad truth, but I am almost positive he won't last until the end of the show.

Des, on the other hand, has business with Ben I imagine. ESPECIALLY after Ben threatened to kill Penny. That's worth keeping him around, if you ask me.

But considering Des is down in the boiler room with the C4..... i dunno....

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:11 PM #22 of 595
Doesn't Season 5 start on January 21st?

I'm so psyched, though I am kind of nervous as to where they're going to take things. ESPECIALLY now that there's a clear division between the camps of the island. I just hope there's nothing stupid to come.

I HAVE HOPE. I'm also a little bitter about Jack and Sawyer being clear front men on the poster. KATE, YOU WHORE. (Love Locke's stance though. "I'M THE BADASS HERE, GUYS. WHERE'S JACOB. CAN'T FIND HIM WITHOUT FATTIE")

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2008, 05:48 PM #23 of 595
It's really hard to follow all that. It's been too long since I saw the previous season. Perhaps another viewing is in order.

Or maybe I'll just ignore it. I'm losing faith. ;_;

FELIPE NO
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 01:35 PM 1 #24 of 595
It was odd having the show back.

I found almost everything entirely too predictable. Chris and I were calling each and every shot as they came without having read any spoilers.

I feel very little connection to them all, and I kept seeing stupid shit which seemed to throw a monkey wrench in everything. O NO, HURLEY IS ACCUSED OF MURDER? Whatever shall we DO? And then the Island skipping like a record in time, how STUPID and ANNOYING. Ugh. The only good that came out of that was Locke's expression when shit kept skipping.

I LOVED the random appearance of Ana Lucia, though. I was giddy with excitement, just because it made a real connection in my head to how things were. Dead people everywhere, Hurley is awesome, so on.

I felt like the premiere kind of dragged and made little use of a 2 hour spot. O WELL.

Farraday was once cool in my book. Now he seems like this textbook lunatic physicist and I couldn't give a damn about him and his stupid red-headed girlfriend.

I want to see more development in the characters, and not just rushing forward on the mainland. SAYID GETS DARTED, HURLEY DRAGS HIM ACROSS EVERYWHERE. Let's throw some BEN in for good measure!

I don't know. I guess my passion for the show is dwindling.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Jan 22, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 01:32 PM #25 of 595
So Richard Alpert. Immortal or what? Dude sure looks handsome for someone who looks to be the same age in 1954.
I'm pretty sure a couple of seasons ago, they established that Richard never ages. Ben as a CHILD meets him in the jungle, and he looks exactly the same.

Richard is a "native." Not one of the "others." I'm not sure why anyone who isn't a survivor is called an Other, but there's clearly different camps of Others. (Dharma, which Ben is technically one of, but killed everyone off) and the people who fought Dharma's presence - the Natives.

Clearly, people were calling Juliet an "Other," but she was just hired on. I dislike the lack of distinction.

Meanwhile, I felt like I learned nothing last night save for the fact that Widmore was in his youth on the island and worked under Richard. Which confused me a bit, since Ben also worked under Richard.

So why would Ben and Charles go up against each other. Ugh, I knew it would boil down to this. I shouldn't be surprised.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]