Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2009, 04:15 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2009, 11:15 PM #1 of 595
Seems like Faraday was the only character that had something to actually do in these episodes. Otherwise, NOTHING HAPPENED. Nothing. Which reminds me of season 1.

I kinda hoped Locke would be dead and I wouldn't have to see him, the monster, the cabin or other inane bullshit again. I hope they won't try to answer too many of these questions the previous seasons have left hanging in the air. The characters would actually get unlost if that happened and the point of the show would be ruined. Keep the strange shit piling up, c'est la vie.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2009, 04:01 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2009, 11:01 PM #2 of 595
Text to fill out the front page in case somebody still anals about being spoiled of this pile of shit.

So why would Ben and Charles go up against each other. Ugh, I knew it would boil down to this. I shouldn't be surprised.
I think that's one of the "main" questions the writers want to answer. I don't care why "the rules changed" when Charles killed Alex. I don't care why those two have manhate towards each other.

Also, a boring episode. Charlotte's nosebleed was curious enough, though. She seems to take this time travelling too seriously.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:40 AM Local time: Feb 5, 2009, 05:40 PM #3 of 595
Today's episode wasn't too bad, and there were some interesting parts to take in and consider.

Spoiler:
The question, then, is why didn't old Rosseau recognize Jin? Or have the two never interacted in the previous seasons?
I actually enjoyed this episode, a lot more than the beginning of the season. So much fun.

Rousseau did meet Jin after the plane crash. I don't remember how she reacted then, but most likely Rousseau's comeback was in the blueprints of the future episodes. She may have said something relatively odd when seeing Jin in the present.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:00 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2009, 06:00 PM #4 of 595
Delicious death scene of the annoying village idiot. I liked this week's episode solely because of that. Everything-Locke is complete bullshit and I've hated his ass from the beginning of the series.

At least this explains Locke's letter (which I didn't care about, though), but otherwise it was pointless to air even a minute of this shite.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2009, 02:19 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2009, 09:19 PM #5 of 595
This show is getting completely ridiculous.

I now see what Sass meant by being able to predict everything before it happens in the show. I'm talking about the latest episode and Ben in the 70's. That was too obvious, I know, but I'm sort of slow on realizing small detail anyway.

Sawyer's beginning to remind me more and more of Locke's delusions of grandeur and epic plans that fail, which makes me dislike him for the first time in the show. He used to be cool. =( And what was that gay speech he gave Jack.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2009, 03:00 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2009, 10:00 PM #6 of 595
Yes, the entertainment factor isn't dependant on the predictability. I actually liked this newest episode because of all the completely pointless stuff that is happening.

Lost was at its best on the second season, though, I remember that quite clearly.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:45 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2009, 07:45 PM #7 of 595
I'm on the same boat as you guys. Going to see the shit flung all the way to the end.

It seems like time is just an artificial new dimension to make the series quasi-deep. Ha.

FELIPE NO
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2009, 06:53 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2009, 01:53 AM #8 of 595
Quite... an ending for the episode this week - too bad it didn't make much sense. I wonder what will come about as a result of this. A distortion in time?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:33 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2009, 10:33 PM #9 of 595
I'm thinking the episode name is a reference to the most annoying character ever (ha). (Locke.) He's the only one going back and forth with his opinions and getting everyone in trouble with his stupid antics.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:07 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 11:07 PM #10 of 595
Spoiler:
Miles was a chracter I was weary about, but now he's become a lot more interesting for me. I'm not sure if this has been theorised, but I'm starting to think maybe every kid who is born on the island has a special power?
Spoiler:
Then apparently Charlotte's special power was bleeding to death. Or maybe the writers will reveal something about her too.

Miles is a really funny guy. He's like a man who has so much unimportant stuff to do and so little time.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2009, 05:12 PM Local time: May 5, 2009, 12:12 AM #11 of 595
And also check out these statue comparisons

I think that Sayid referencing that it had 4 toes was a dead give away as 2 what the statue might be
I'm thinking of something more boring of what the statue could be. The clothing on the foot instantly reminded me of ancient Greece and led me to think the statue could be the Colossus of Rhodos.

And another small note. Claire might be right in Locke being the smokey monster, now that I think of it. Or rather, Locke becoming it sometime in the future and teleporting back to mess with people.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2009, 03:07 PM Local time: May 17, 2009, 10:07 PM #12 of 595
Spoiler:
Do the events that already happened and the events that are being set into motion overlap to a point (Cause and Effect co-exist due to time jumps)? What I mean is, standing there at that moment was Richard, Nocke, and Ben. From what I remember, Ben had already killed Locke off-island at this point (he even tells Richard this right after injured Locke time jumps out of their sight), yet Nocke is just beginning to set that chain into motion during that point, simultaneously.
I think this Locke dude knows enough about this manyworld time travel to know what to do to manipulate it. If anyone ever listened to Miles, he explained this whole season quite explicitly (to Hurley, even though it was just exposition to the more stupid viewers). I think Miles knew what was going to happen, too.

The loop is different every time, though, so no one can be completely sure of everything.

The following isn't theorizing anymore, I'm just humoring myself. The interesting thing was Jacob visiting "everyone" in their past. He knew what to do with time, too. I wonder if Jacob was actually the one who did this all to Locke, when he was initially injured and couldn't walk anymore. So, Locke was never himself, and when he met Jacob the first time on the island he got a revelation of sorts, starting to act all bonkers and doing idiotic shit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 08:27 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2010, 03:27 AM #13 of 595
Woah, I got answers to all the things that got me intrigued me in season 5, all in the first two episodes. This season will kill. KILL!

Awesome stuff.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:11 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2010, 12:11 AM #14 of 595
I'm actually really, really annoyed by the regular Lost fan too. I don't know why.

Maybe I watch the show for a different reason, since I don't see these conspiracies and confusion in the "plot" at all. It's a pretty straightforward, simple and boring story, but so entertaining.

I'm also annoyed by The Wire fans, I don't know why. I'll start watching the series soon, so I don't know what to expect.

Most amazing jew boots
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 7, 2010, 03:08 AM Local time: Feb 7, 2010, 10:08 AM 1 #15 of 595
The empty coffin was shown in season 1.

EDIT: Oh, I was beaten.

Might as well write something else here. Christian isn't a very integral part of the story in my opinion. And I think he's Claire's father. And he's also that Lennon guy.

I am waiting for the second the doppelgaengers of everyone meet. Would make for a hilarious sitcom if we found Jack wooing the wrong Kate. Or himself trying to be a bigger cock than himself - who will win the manliness contest? And who will be left sobbing in the rain with the ugliest grey t-shirt on.

FELIPE NO
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2010, 03:10 PM Local time: May 21, 2010, 10:10 PM #16 of 595
I'm watching Lost a bit behind from everyone (because it's so fucking boring), and I'll just comment whenever I have something significant to say. Just watching episode 612, and I saw Hurley holding a book. To my delight, it was a book by Dostojevski, translated roughly as Notes from the Underground. Fuck yes onematopoecy.

This book is basically said to have created existentialist crises, so have at it, in what it has to do with the plot. Plus it's good. Everyone should read some Dostojevski at some point in their life.

Most amazing jew boots
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2010, 05:59 PM Local time: May 24, 2010, 12:59 AM #17 of 595
I'm only one episode behind! The Jacob episode sucked dragon balls, though.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 09:51 AM Local time: May 24, 2010, 04:51 PM #18 of 595
This particular ending has been written out for us for three seasons now. You should have all accepted it already.

Spoiler:
I originally didn't have any clue on why Jacks dad was there at the end. I still don't. I know the sideways crapline is purgatory, but how does he know about any of this stuff. Wasn't he dead before they ever got on the plane
Spoiler:
Kate pointed this out also. His name is fucking Christian Shepard. That will get the message through the thickest of skulls.

Originally Posted by sprouticus
Spoiler:
Everything we saw on the island, all the mystery, all the sci-fi... It's all useless. Worthless. Meaningless. None of it matters.
Spoiler:
The healing process dreams provide us is a journey, and you have to sit through it.

Anyone sane would know this series is basically The Bold & The Beautiful on a tropical island. The sci-fi elements were poorly written from the start, and they were just there to lure in the extra viewers that they betrayed PERFECTLY at about season 4. Yeah, the time travel stuff is actually plausible, fun and what makes this all worthwhile.

The lost sheep are finally home.

..and I also have to agree with LeHah.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 12:52 PM Local time: May 24, 2010, 07:52 PM #19 of 595
I'm probably not the first to notice the similarities.

Henry Ian Cusick in Lost.

John Dye in Touched by an Angel.

It all makes sense now.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2010, 09:13 AM Local time: May 25, 2010, 04:13 PM #20 of 595
Nothing really happened as a direct result of the mythology or even many of the "mysteries", so it's just basically to serve as background. Something I will remember this series by is the air of mystery around everything, and it was left pleasantly untouched. That would have been completely ruined by endless exposition about the past or the egyptians or the f-anything.

And apparently 20 minutes of the final episode was left on the floor of the cutting room, including the small tidbits instead of Jack's teleportation out of the cave, or how the hell Ben got out from under the tree. This was just to fit the episode into the time slot it was given.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]