Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] Who ya gonna call?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:53 PM #1 of 50
Quote:
All four members of the movie team -- Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis -- will be giving voice and likeness rights for the game. Some supporting castmembers have signed up as well, including William Atherton, Brian Doyle Murray and Annie Potts.
And what is...the magic word, Dr. Venkman?

Awesome news. I remember an interview Dan Aykroyd did earlier this year stating that Ghostbusters 3 was coming by way of being a game and maybe a CG-I movie as well.

I'll keep my eyes out for this one. <3

Jam it back in, in the dark.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2007, 02:26 PM #2 of 50
Just a small bump here. EBGames has a deal that you can get free Overnight shipping for this game if you preorder now. There's also 6 screens up in the preview section, with one being a very cool looking, detailed Slimer. <3

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 03:27 AM #3 of 50
By looking at the gameplay, it looked as if that was Louis Tulley as the controlled Ghostbuster.

Despite it being the same few clips shown over and over, the game looks pretty damn good. I can't wait to see what the renderings of everyone looks like.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2008, 04:34 PM #4 of 50
*bump*

Updated with a new trailer released Dec 3rd.

IGN Video: Ghostbusters: The Video Game PlayStation 3 Trailer - Disaster Trailer

The game is looking pretty damn good actually.

There were some problems with Activion's aquisition of Sierra and Ghostbusters being one of the games they ended up dropping. Atari picked up the rights and will be releasing this June of next year for Ghostbuster's 25th anniversary (can't believe it's been that long)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2009, 06:28 PM #5 of 50
Well I'm bumping this... mainly because it came out last week.

Having got my copy yesterday, I'll have to say that this is probably one of the best games I've played in a LONG time.

The controls are pretty good. Sure it takes a bit to get used to throwing around the stream and not crossing them but once you get a hang of it, it is really fun. I also hate trying to dodge the other busters' streams as I at times get hit.

The game is pretty brutal at times. You'll get swarmed quite a few times in cramped areas.

Story is good too, taking place 2 years after sliming the whole city trying to get it to love everyone. You're a new recruit assigned to the team (and test subject for their experimental equipment) and just run around the city busting ghosts. Supernatural shit happens when a Gozer exhibit is brought to the museum. Lots of mass hysteria and it is quite possible that rivers and seas will be boiling.

Haven't played much of it (Only got to the second stage) but its one that when I do have time to sit down and play, I'm lovin every minute.

Anyone else got this and played the multiplayer? Was curious how that handled.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] Who ya gonna call?