Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Classic] Manhogan Fantasy V: Because CHz really, really hates himself

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2014, 03:02 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2014, 01:02 PM 5 #126 of 138
Chapter IX: A Murder of Side Quests

Spoiler:

It's been a long time so I kind of forget the details, but basically we find Lenna in the forest.

Then we have some Exorcist shit goin down.

Melusine has the standard "strong against everything except for one specific rotating weakness" gimmick that you're assuredly familiar with. She always starts weak to fire. So now she's dead.

Exdeath is kind of a dick, and decides to start showing off.

All the towns start being devoured, which is kind of a shitty state of affairs.

SHOTS FIRED

LOL

Headin' over to the sealed castle to see what I can cash out for.

NOPE.

Continuing optional stuff: headed back through Jachol Cave, through Bal Castle's basement, and beat Odin literally zero seconds before he kills my ass. Not that his summon is of any use to me whatsoever.

Magic Lamp is a thing that CHz talked about a lot, and depended on significantly for his damage output in certain situations. I just sort of want it.

All right, next up we goin' down town get us some WIND TABLET watap.

Like the others, it has these gargoyles guardian the entrance.

Like everything else, I can kill them instantly. This is pretty much how the boss fight with Wendigo went, also.

Ah yes, the North Mountain. Where the great dragon Bahamut said he'd wait for me.

And a run-in with my arch-nemesis, poison bush.

NOT THIS TIME, ASSHOLE

Bahamut has a ton of crazy-powerful magic that can kill my entire party instantly, so I want to just get that stuff out of the way right off the bat.

As it turns out, Bahamut cannot be silenced.

I managed to keep Biceps alive using a drain spellblade and some damage reduction. Everyone else was a total write-off, though. RIP team.

Wait a minute.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

MORE SIDEQUESTS! PHOENIX TOWER TIME!

Okay so Phoenix Tower has a lot of floors, and each floor has two possible exits to the next floor up. One of these is guarded, and one isn't. If you don't know the pattern, you just have to guess. It's okay though 'cause everything is easy to kill.

As if my trek wasn't easy enough, the PartheNOPE attacks with Roulette which randomly kills a character. Thing is, enemies are also included in this. This was right before Cherie died due to terrible betrayal.

We made it to the top and got some more stuff that's not useful at all, due to our dragon friend entrusting its soul to the girl who once prepared to cut out its tongue.

Seriously.

Time for the standard split your party into multiple groups stage! As I think CHz mentioned but I'm too lazy to check and it was literally a year ago so I don't remember, the black tower is where you need to use magic, and the white tower demands physical attacks.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of magic, as spellblade still provokes counter-attacks (as does all manner of physical attack in the magic tower). On the upside, silence spellblade completely ruins everything.

Over on the other side, we run into this, the most fearsome warrior!

Oh noooooooooooooo

lol dead

As CHz has also mentioned, Omniscient demands that you attack with magic else he casts Return and completely resets the battle to its initial state. Given I lack the capacity for continued output of catastrophic magic, this is a problem for me.

Even using spellblade counts as a physical attack.

However, silence spellblade completely ruins this fight's one major mechanic.

Dead. For some reason, the Fork Tower disappears.

Oh sup what's this down here in the watery depths? Why, it's the sunken tower of Walse!

Inside is the so-called Famed Mimic Gogo. This fight is super easy to win; you just sit there and he'll eventually leave. However, that's boring and I have a stupidly overpowered party, so that's not what we're gonna do.

After buffing everyone with chemistry and getting ready, I unloaded. After every physical attack, he counters with a strong physical attack. After every spell cast on him, he counters with Holy, Flare, or Meteor. Basically, he doesn't fuck around.

After you do some damage to him he starts ranting, which is problematic because the fight's programming is bugged. After casting Meteor, he resets and goes through the rant again. And casts it again. And again.

I cannot believe I actually pulled this off. You essentially just have to buff yourself until near godhood and open up with everything you can to kill him before Meteorfest is triggered.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:24 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2014, 08:24 PM 2 #127 of 138

This guy I went to college with sounds mad about sucking at FF5.

Just wanted to share this with all of you that completed the game last year, because you're all winners and I'm proud of you.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2014, 03:30 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2014, 09:30 PM #128 of 138
Tell him a British guy you know who finished it on his first ever play through using a randomly generated party limited to four job classes says he's a pussy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Tags
!animals erry day, 99999999999999999 potions, a world of jerks, an epidemic of thievery, bahamut v bahamut, bells rock...in ff3ds, blaster lol, chzfaqs, destroy all jackanapes, faris = potion caddy, fuck you dragon, garula counter ow ow ow, geomancers whyyyyyyyyyyyy, great turtle extinction, shadowflare, smuggest thing alive, steal all the knives, the party was defeated, want to buy my ethers, why am i doing this again, wiped against shiva again, wish i had bard, wish i had ch-oh i do lol, wish i had ranger, wvlf wears bells

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Classic] Manhogan Fantasy V: Because CHz really, really hates himself