Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Are there gangs in your area?

Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:46 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 12:46 AM #26 of 50
Originally Posted by Encephalon
The only thing you need to be sorry for is Michael Moore. Not his movies, just him.
I am indeed sorry for him.
Although I am not at all responsible for him in the least bit.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:07 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:07 PM #27 of 50
I used to think that there weren't any gangs here in northern Washinton, but a month or so ago the police broke up a decent sized meth-ring in my town. Besides that its just the usual number of hoodlums causing vandalism and theft. Surprisingly enough, there are a few wannabe hoods driving lowriders and thumping rap, trying to look the part. Seeing them side by side a truck full of hay and country hicks makes me laugh every time.

My old hometown in SoCal had a gang, but I swear it was just a bunch of thirteen year old kids with spraypaint cans. The only gang trouble we had was them traveling through town to get from LA to Ventura or Santa Barbara on a drug run.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chaco
Pirate Day

Member 766

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 09:11 PM #28 of 50
Gangs? REAL gangs? The real gang members if their are any, I don't see.

The fake gang members? Oh yeah, they're plentiful around here. I've been asked to join PROBABLY about three or four 'gangs' in the past couple of weeks. It's a "Gang War".

Go up to the movie theatre by my house. Wow, Is it...Thug. I'll never forget the time a kid drove by (Possibly even just rolling, No more than 5 Miles an hour) playing "Gangsta's Paradise". I swear to god he head checked me in slow motion. The whole moment just went in slow motion.

Yeah, Lowes Cinaxplex. Stony Brook, New York. Represent. They gots Bloods, Crips, Purple Panthers, Pink Pathers, Green Goblins, Yellow Bellys...I can go on and on. Either way, these kids are just punks. It's pretty sad how one on one nearly everyone of them are overly friendly and almost cool people but when they group together the shit they do together is just pathetic.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:48 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 03:48 PM #29 of 50
Originally Posted by Encephalon
IM... Dude...

YOU GOT GANGSTAS ON YOU!!!

Better watch out, the Self Inflicted Injury 80's Gang is feared worldwide! It's all their turf!

I was speaking idiomatically.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:56 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 09:56 PM #30 of 50
Haha. Kids in my high school think that they're Crips and Bloods, but everyone knows they're just a bunch of punk kids. They may wear the red and blue, but they aren't the real thing.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:05 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 12:05 AM #31 of 50
NONE of them are the real thing, Capo. I have yet to meet anyone under the age of 35 who is a REAL Crip or Blood. It's like everyone splits off into their own little conclaves and give their respective gang some fucking ridiculous name like "Midget Locos", "South Side Kings" or "Latin Timez Playboyz".

Listen wetback... You're not a "loco", you're not a "playboy" and you sure as hell don't have any motherfucking "king" in you. Quit being a pretentious excuse for a criminal and get a REAL criminal job. Like becoming an altar boy just to steal church funds.

FELIPE NO
Myst'
#D57CC3

Member 2556

Level 2.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 07:01 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 02:01 PM #32 of 50
There are plenty of gangs at my place...
Well you cant really call them gangs.

In Fact, its just a group of 20 11-year olds who like running around like 50 Cent and acting all gangster and stuff..
Ewww ><

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
grodiens
Pango

Member 620

Level 10.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:50 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 03:50 PM #33 of 50
I don't live in Rio de Janeiro, but I was many times in Rio and I know that it is really terrible. The gangs have heavy weapons that are better that the police. Who saw "City of God" knows about what I am speaking.

Most amazing jew boots
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:26 AM #34 of 50
There are plenty of gangs here in NY although they only show their faces once in awhile...and when they do, they have this constant urge to provoke other gangs into a fight in public. My friend nearly got shot for stepping into a store to buy a bottle of water at the wrong time.

riceonfriday
I'm standing behind you

Member 1405

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:50 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 09:50 AM #35 of 50
Well here in San Bernardino, CA we get alot of "gangsters" since we're next door to Los Angeles. The housing is dirt cheap compared to LA so people move out here; another reason is that parents want to get their kids away from their gangster friends in LA. Then those people who were affiliated with gangs bring their friends out here, and soon enough they start recruiting the kids out here.

My family was fed up with having to bar our windows in doors so we moved to the other side of town which is [or WAS] a nice suburban community. Then it was like the ghetto started creeping it's way across town. In the seven years I've been here, I've noticed alot more "thugs" and criminal activity increase every year.

In fact just the other day there was an incident in which two black high schoolers were walking home from church when they were encircled by an asian gang (who claimed to be blood) and then proceeded into beating the two up pretty badly. This church is just 4-5 houses down from me, and our community has been pretty upset by this. The sherriff has been patrolling the area for the past couple of days.

Other than that, this year the only gangsters I've seen where the 12 year olds who stashed their bikes on my lawn. When they came by to get them, my dad and I were outside drinkin' some beers and they asked us "Where the fuck are our bikes??" I told them I took it to the dump.

Most amazing jew boots
Man_of_Pie
Banned

Member 271

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:40 PM #36 of 50
Oh man there's 1 gang in my area these guys are a joke. Here's how it goes. I live in Boca Raton, Florida. There's more old people here than anything and all they do is play golf and tennis it's pretty much a giant retirement community. But there's this gang of kids most of em go to my school they leave really shitty graffiti all over the place and I guess that's about all they do besides cheating at tennis games and j-walking. They call themselves the Palmetto Pines Playas and I'd be totally embarassed to the point where I'd have to commit suicide if these guys jumped me because they're all overweight, their rich as hell and their parents buy them expensive cars, and they suck at life.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 05:41 PM #37 of 50
There are gangs nearby. In Charlotte, I heard that gangs had affected the teaching ability and respectibility of the schools in the area by being troublesome. They get into fights. They threaten teachers. They deface the schools. I'm just glad I like forty-five minutes away from all that.

How ya doing, buddy?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:23 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 10:23 PM #38 of 50
There are one or two well known local gangs here, consisting almost entirely of prick kids jacking minivans. The only real organized crime in the city is the Hell's Angels, and they just had a major bust.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:57 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 07:57 PM #39 of 50
Being from Chicago, the two biggest gangs are Gangster Disciples, and Gangster Disciple Killers. The most organized crime syndicate would be found in Chinatown, but only their own members know what their name is and what they represent. The only local gang I know of would be 1UP, which was a compilation of all the local gangs joining together (Lost Boys, WTA, etc.), and they were all about drug trafficking more than any other crime.

Honestly, these days I see a lot more thugs than organized gangs.

FELIPE NO
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:06 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 02:06 AM #40 of 50
Nothing so organised as gangs. We get groups of early teens and up roaming the streets looking for trouble, but I don't think they are organised like American street gangs. The area I live in is very quiet, and even though there's a moderate amount of crime, it's not the street crime type.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:22 PM #41 of 50
Real Gangs? In New Jersey? Haha, please.

Erm, no, we don't have any. If anything, we have "gangstas."

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 09:05 PM #42 of 50
Ha. The only things in my area are whites (mostly Jewish). I don't think Jews are capable of forming gangs, but the few other people we have aren't in gangs either.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 09:54 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 08:54 PM #43 of 50
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
There are one or two well known local gangs here, consisting almost entirely of prick kids jacking minivans. The only real organized crime in the city is the Hell's Angels, and they just had a major bust.
You forgot to mention all the aboriginal gangs here. Mind you, they mostly just back the Angels but they're a big part of their activity here. A few years back there was a huge problem with drive by shootings. I think there were like 8 in the course of two months, which is pretty bad for Winnipeg, despite it's title as murder captiol of Canada.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:07 PM #44 of 50
Originally Posted by Tails' Plushie
I live in Flint, Michigan.

Need I say more?
They have the internet in Flint?

And to think, I was SO close to going to Baker College to get a Cisco CCNE degree. I probably woulda been shot before finishing my first semester there.

DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 05:11 PM #45 of 50
I live in base housing. So there isn't really any gangs in my area.

I was speaking idiomatically.

stormshadow
Syklis Green

Member 171

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 09:29 PM #46 of 50
Gangs are pretty much everywhere in America. However most of the thuggish gangsta gangs tend to be located in the bigger cities. Though here in KS they have taken up residence in Dodge City for some reason.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:20 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 08:20 PM #47 of 50
Originally Posted by Tenacious D
Ha. The only things in my area are whites (mostly Jewish). I don't think Jews are capable of forming gangs, but the few other people we have aren't in gangs either.
Excuse me. Benjamin Hymen Siegelbaum was one of the most prolific gangsters of all time.

How ya doing, buddy?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:27 PM #48 of 50
Yea, we have the ACADEMIC GANSTERS up in here.

Seriously though, the only thing we have even mildly close to "real" gansters are the Russians in town. From what I hear, they run a mean mob in town. If theres a car accident involved one of them, they send "reps" to the scene to be sure everything goes smooth.

Its mostly because the smalltown people out here are really ignorant and are really MEAN to the Russians for no good reason. We had show up at the high school a few years ago because the American kids fucking hate the Russians because, you know, stupid.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:17 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:17 PM #49 of 50
Originally Posted by stormshadow
Gangs are pretty much everywhere in America. However most of the thuggish gangsta gangs tend to be located in the bigger cities. Though here in KS they have taken up residence in Dodge City for some reason.

Dude is right. In Seattle, you have the Microsoft and the Google gangs. Although they run like gangs, they really don't commit crimes per say, but they do have significant turf representation. If you wear Google merchandise in Microsoft territory, you will get confronted. I had to laugh real hard the first time I heard about this, but Microsoft college kids really take pride in their stuff.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
My_Lo
Meh

Member 1649

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 03:08 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 09:08 PM #50 of 50
Eh, old women organisations... They walk the streets with heavy handbags and are really creepy...

Most amazing jew boots

"No one needs to know..."

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Are there gangs in your area?