Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

When driving, what gets the most in your nerves?

Mr. Danielsard
Starting this Summer ^)^

Member 581

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:25 AM #1 of 82
When driving, what gets the most in your nerves?

I guess that many people here already drives, and they know the road isnt and will never be perfect, because there is always something that gets in everyone's nerves... what is it for you?

For me the trucks going 20 in the highway (with a 70mph speed limit) and the cops that are tracking every move that you make to catch you (thanks God i have never been caught so far, but i ve seen many get stopped), or passing with the flashers on to be able to speed as fast as their patrol can

Jam it back in, in the dark.

What will they be?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:29 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 12:29 PM #2 of 82
People who do not use turn signals.
THAT IS A GOVERNMENT REQUIRED FEATURE FOR A REASON FUCKTARDS! USE IT!
(caps mean I'm talking very loud. ^_^ )

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:30 AM #3 of 82
What annoys me: people driving AT the speed limit and people climbing up my ass. Of course, what do I do when people do that? Slow down.

I almost never go 5-10 miles per hour over the posted speed limit. The only time I've ever been pulled over was when I was on a long stretch of road at around midnight, doing 55 in a 35. I didn't think about it much but I was probably doing 45 when the cop came up behind me and he started getting closer and closer, so I sped up. Bzzt, wrong! So, from then on I never sped up when people got on my ass, only slowed down. It's more or less a "wouldn't you do this to me?" gesture than anything else.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:38 AM #4 of 82
For some reason, I can't stand it when people have their windows down with their arms hanging out.
It drives me nuts.

Another thing I can't stand when driving around here:
  • the tailgating
  • the constant swerving in and out of lanes that people will do without using their blinkers
  • the rampant speeding
  • people cutting you off and forcing you to slam on your brakes just so they can go 2mph faster in front of you than behind some other guy
  • the long traffic lights and long wait for the idiot in front to GO when the light is green
  • the fact that I have to pay a dollar every time I cross the river (to get to work and school)
  • the morning traffic and the 20 minute wait to cross the bridge
  • every single supersized SUV on the road
  • cars with stupid bumper stickers
Let's just say I hate driving around here in general.

I love taking road trips though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:44 AM #5 of 82
I get really annoyed with aggressive drivers. You know the type - you're already going 15 mph over the speed limit and they come flying up behind you and tailgate you until the tiniest break in traffic flow allows them to zoom around you so fast they break the sound barrier and cause a sonic boom.

It also annoys me when people don't pay attention at the stoplight, it turns green and they just sit there staring out their side window until someone behind them honks their horn and brings them back to reality.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Elcee
Self Imposed Bannishment

Member 1350

Level 11.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:46 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 08:46 AM #6 of 82
Originally Posted by t(-_-t)
People who do not use turn signals.
Serious shit. Is it that hard to hit a switch a few seconds beforehand so we all know where the hell you're going, inadvertently saving us money on our car insurance by not hitting you?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:50 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:50 AM #7 of 82
I don't like it when people can't stay in their own lane. I'm driving along on a four-lane and the dumbass a quarter mile ahead of me is going a lot slower than me and finding it impossible to keep it between the lines, making it a very nerve racking experience to try to pass him. I'm sorry, but it is not goddamn difficult to keep your car moving in a straight line and it is even easier to keep it between two lines that give you plenty of wiggle room. Keep out of my goddamn lane, you no insurance having son of a bitch. Also people who slow down to .03 mph to turn right. Also people who use their cell phone TO TEXT MESSAGE SOMEONE while driving. What.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Elcee
Self Imposed Bannishment

Member 1350

Level 11.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:56 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 08:56 AM #8 of 82
I'm always entertained when someone flies by me while weaving a road basket, then I pull up beside them at a red light, two intersectons down the street.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Mr. Danielsard
Starting this Summer ^)^

Member 581

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:00 PM #9 of 82
Originally Posted by matt
the long traffic lights and long wait for the idiot in front to GO when the light is green
Specially if the idiot in front of you is a heavy truck

Also those who skip the line in the traffic light and curse at you when you honk at them

What will they be?
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:03 PM #10 of 82
I just got my licence like a week ago and I'm pretty new with driving alone, but the thing that annoys me most is the people that can't choose a lane. They'll just sit there, stradling the line and making it impossible for me to go anywhere because of it.

Baaah~
alkaline
Run Home Slow

Member 1696

Level 8.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:22 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 09:22 AM #11 of 82
Boy do I ever hate driving!
  • Tailgaters. Especially when I'm already going 80mph with no one behind me one moment, and the next there's someone magically behind me who is so far up the ass of my car, I can't see their headlights.
  • People who refuse to signal and that can't make up their minds.
  • When people switch 2-3 lanes at a time on the freeway. I don't understand why these people want to die so badly.
  • People who drive 60MPH in parking lots.
  • People who don't understand what a stop sign is and just roll through it, or don't even bother slowing down at all.

The list can go on and on, but recently? It's been douchebags like these two winners-

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Immortal
I float.

Member 1281

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:48 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:48 AM #12 of 82
For me it's people who are unable to talk on the phone and drive at the same time in a reasonably safe manner, but decide to do it anyway. Tailgaters in SUVs rank up there with me too, since my top rear view mirror is about as high as some SUV's headlights =/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

While everyone around me is busy drowning, I float.
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:48 PM #13 of 82
Cell Phones. Plain and simple, I hate them.

Shadow Drax
Carob Nut

Member 285

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:59 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 06:59 PM #14 of 82
I agree with Arainach. The other day, I was indicating to pull into the lane on my left, checked it and everything, all was good. So, I go to move over, and BAM! I nearly bang into a Mini, who is going into the lane from the other side...without indicating, and all the while yammering away on her mobile phone. I don't think she even realised how close she came to hitting me. ><

I hate tailgaters too. And people who drive right up your ass, flash you with their full beam headlights (while its still dark) just because you don't happen to be breaking the sound barrier at that particular point in time. (I hate this on multiple levels actually, the fact that they nearly blind you in the process and the fact that if you have to make an emergency stop theres sure to be an accident.)

the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:05 PM #15 of 82
Tailgaters, especially because I like to drive, you know, the speed limit. OH LOOK, IT WOULD APPEAR I'M NOT GOING FAST ENOUGH FOR YOU. Yes, I invite you to leave a millimeter of space between us to encourage me to speed up!

I used to go faster to accommodate people, especially if I was only going like 5 above the speed limit, but lately I've stopped doing that for the sake of my stress. Too bad, person behind me. Slow the F down and enjoy the scenery or something.

FELIPE NO
1 2 3 4, get down, get down...
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:08 PM #16 of 82
There's this thing I do if I don't have my kids with me and someone is tailgating me. I'll slow down to about 10 mph just to piss them off and drive like that until I start to get on my own nerves. Nine times out of ten, when I go back up to normal speed, they've taken the hint and will back off.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
squirrelishere
i'm here again. quit breaking already ;_;

Member 799

Level 2.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:36 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 02:36 PM #17 of 82
Well, put it this way, most, if not all of you guys/gals here in this thread would hate me driving in their same street. Firstly, I love driving fast. But I will not tailgate you. I will leave distance. Well, just enough to see around you so I can pass you soon. I hardly use my blinkers. I see you are going to stay in your lane, so why use it? If YOU use it, I will be able to tell before I try switching, therefore I will slow down. On the highway though, I will tailgate your ass or cut you off right after I pass you. There are 2-3 lanes, and when the sign on the road says "Slower traffic to the right", get your ass on the right. Trust me, I only do this when there IS NOBODY on the right. Kind of hinting you to follow the signs huh? And yes I know, I'm not following the speed limit, but 2 wrongs don't make it right.

Anywho, the stuff that pisses me off are the slow turners. Sometimes the corner isn't a 90 degree angle, it's one of those slanted ones.

Then there are those people that SLOWLY(OMFG EVER SO SLOW) change lanes. And once their 85% in the next lane, put their signal on. Or RIGHT when they turn, they put their signal on. For people who want to follow rules, they say put it on at least 40-50 feet before you make the turn/switch. Geez....

Another is people who double park in the middle of the street when like 5 feet away is a huge parking space.

Anywho, I've been driving for about 10 years now. In total, I've had 3 speeding tickets. 1 was bullshit. I AM able to drive and talk on a cell phone with no problems.

How ya doing, buddy?
alkaline
Run Home Slow

Member 1696

Level 8.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:45 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 11:45 AM #18 of 82
You take pride in being a complete dick when you are in control of a few tons of steel at the risk of others around you.

I hope you die.

In a fire.

squirrelishere

Member 799

Level 2.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:00 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:00 PM #19 of 82
I'm sorry if the way I drive gets you mad. I don't take pride in how I drive, but it's just the way I am comfortable with when I drive. I'm not really wanting to put others at risk, I don't intend to. Which is why I still give people some space to breathe and carefully watch other cars around me. I'm not just stupidly switching lanes and not looking.

I seriously don't hope you die. I'm shocked you feel that way about me.

How ya doing, buddy?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:02 PM #20 of 82
Originally Posted by squirrelishere
On the highway though, I will tailgate your ass or cut you off right after I pass you.
I would like to second the request that you die. Preferably in a fiery inferno where no one else besides you gets hurt.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:08 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 02:08 PM #21 of 82
Man you guys are harsh. You should first hope that he sees the error in his ways and works diligently to correct the problem, rather than just jumping straight into DIE YOU SON OF A BITCH DIE.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
squirrelishere

Member 799

Level 2.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:09 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:09 PM #22 of 82
Thank you Alice for not reading the next sentence in my post. Or if you did, I think you forgot to add it in your quote.

Originally Posted by russ
Man you guys are harsh. You should first hope that he sees the error in his ways and works diligently to correct the problem, rather than just jumping straight into DIE YOU SON OF A BITCH DIE.
russ, I've been driving like this for years now. I don't think I'll be changing any time soon. And to me, there is no problem. No tickets in the last 3(going on 4 years) and maybe 2 times I've been close to being in an accident, and this was due to cars coming off the freeway where you can't really see if there are cars coming down the street.

Last edited by squirrelishere; Mar 10, 2006 at 03:12 PM.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:14 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:14 PM #23 of 82
Originally Posted by squirrelishere
I've had 3 speeding tickets. 1 was bullshit. I AM able to drive and talk on a cell phone with no problems.
Yeah, man, traffic rules should be bent on a person-by-person basis. I AM able to drive after having my shot of heroin, damn it. DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!

FELIPE NO
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Elcee
Self Imposed Bannishment

Member 1350

Level 11.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:14 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 12:14 PM #24 of 82
If you haven't heard it, 'I Hope You Die' by the Bloodhound Gang is a pretty good song. Seek out an mp3. You won't regret it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:26 PM #25 of 82
Originally Posted by Elcee
If you haven't heard it, 'I Hope You Die' by the Bloodhound Gang is a pretty good song. Seek out an mp3. You won't regret it.
Just downloaded it off LimeWire...hilarious!!

"I hope he grins like Jack Nicholson and forces you to play a game called "balls on chin."

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > When driving, what gets the most in your nerves?