Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 01:50 PM #2276 of 3592
Originally Posted by Inhert
wow those price are awesome, even if it's US dollars I still save some money! I guess I'll go order one right away ^^

(oh and btw what's the difference between the 28 awg and 24 awg version?)
Most won't notice the difference, but getting thicker cable improves signal transfer, akin to getting lower gauge speaker cables. Couple with good speakers, the switch from thin to thick, sturdy cables is surprising. The same applies to cables such as these. Since it's a digital signal, it's either on or off, but getting better cable prevents common image artifacts attributed to be HDMI cables (like sparkling, limited color bleed, enhanced macroblocking).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 01:50 PM #2277 of 3592
I wouldn't mind adding people to my Friends List, but like you said there's so few of us right now.

PSN Name: SOLDIER. I really wanted to pick something different for each game, but it seems the name you choose for the PS Store carries over to whatever game you play.

A question about the upscaling/downscaling fiasco going on. Keep in mind I have a CRT that does 1080i but not 720p.

For Blu Ray movies, do I get them at 1080i?

For NBA '07, I noticed it was a bit more hi-res than previous games. Does the 1080p signal mean that I go as far as 1080i instead of backwards like Resistence?

Can the downscaling problem really be addressed by a firmware update, or is it something hardware related and thus impossible to fix? Would the simplest solution be to output all future games with 1080i in addition to the other resolution options?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 01:51 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 10:51 AM #2278 of 3592
I have the 24AWG version, and it seems like instead of having those large plastic lumpy things on either end of the cable, it has an extremely thick mesh-like cable instead, as opposed to your usual coating. Not sure what the technical differences are.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 02:53 PM #2279 of 3592
I made Cobalt here my little guinea pig and tried out the Friend feature. I sent him a message, in which I then got an indicator that he had both received and sent his own message while I was playing Resistence. After adding each other, I then sent him a message to join up in the game (a real pain with the small text and lack of keyboard). We had some good fun in Deathmatch, including one bit where we both meleed' each other to death.

The highlight, though, was that I found this one spot high up in one of the towers, and started picking off people one after another, earning a multiple kills medal. I shot up all the way to Third place with that method. Also, it's funny how a lot of people don't know that you have to shake the controller to put yourself out when on fire. Those are the kind of controller gimmicks I want to see later on.

FELIPE NO
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:03 PM #2280 of 3592
great I just found that I have an adapter to plug the audio cable on my computer speaker ^^ with the hdmi/dvi solution it will be all perfect to play my ps3 XD

oh and btw for those that want it PSN name: Inhert ^^ ( I don't have resistance yet but I'll receive it probably this week)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:06 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 12:06 PM #2281 of 3592
Hahah, yes, that double-melee was awesome. Good fun in deathmatch.

None of the games seemed to feature chimera though, guess that's an option set by the game creator. I personally like playing as them more than humans, if only for the nifty rage mode.

Inhert: Cool, I'll add ya anyways.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:48 PM #2282 of 3592
Yeah, I prefer mixed matches of human against Chimera (makes it easier to discern who's your ally and your enemy). The Chimera have a big advantage though with that rage ability; you could mow down a whole squad of humans if you're quick enough.

Anyone know what people are using for voice chat in the game? Since it seems to support all kinds of unofficial headsets, I wonder which one is the best to use.

Most amazing jew boots
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:53 PM #2283 of 3592
well I got both of you on my friendlist now XD

I tried something with cobalt, is said chat but with was a voice chat so we didn't do much with it XD (and you guys surely don,t want to hear me speak english >.> XD)

I just need me copy of resistance this week and will do some match together ^^

btw is it possible to play co-op mode but online?

(someone ask how to have fullscreen in internet browser? you have to push on the right R3 button (the analog stick))

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Inhert; Nov 19, 2006 at 03:56 PM.
Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 04:28 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 01:28 PM #2284 of 3592
Unfortunately, co-op is only offline.

And yeah, I have a headset. It's Motorola bluetooth dealy, interfaces perfectly with the PS3. In Resistance, you hold down the L3 button (left analog click) to talk. Though I think that's only in free-for-all games. In team-based games, people could hear me all the time. Some dude was talking about capturing the other team's flag, but we were playing Breach... I'm like er, what flag? "You know what I mean..."

Though, maybe it's a setting chosen by the game's creator.

This one guy was whining about the textures for some reason, said his 360 could do it better. Uh huh.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 04:54 PM #2285 of 3592
Can you link to the headset you use? If it's cheap and wireless I might grab it or something similar.

Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 04:57 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 01:57 PM #2286 of 3592
This is the one I use. Kinda pricey, but it came with my phone bundle.

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 05:32 PM #2287 of 3592
I didn't try it but I'll probably use the ps2 headset that I bought a while ago (to play Lifeline XD)

it will probably work well, but it's wired but the cable is long enough to not bother me that much XD

Double Post:
anyone know when the ps2 memory card adapter will be release? because it's fun to play ps2 on the ps3 but I don't want to star over >.> or is there some other way to transfer ps2 save game on the ps3?

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Inhert; Nov 19, 2006 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 08:40 PM #2288 of 3592
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
It all depends on whether you feel that Resistence is good enough to tide you over until more notable games come out.
It's not, not by a mile and a half.

The last few launchs for ANYTHING has had at least one game when the system came out that convinced me to keep it, but Resistance is so ordinary that I coudln't care less even if I tried.

Alas, it's a dilemma.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:00 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 10:00 PM #2289 of 3592
Personally, I'm having a ton of fun with Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom. Granted, it's standard hack n' slash material, but hey it looks good.

Genji's pretty damn fun too, and would be so much more fun if it weren't for some questionable camera angles. Still, all in all it's pretty cool.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:16 PM #2290 of 3592
Quote:
It's not, not by a mile and a half.

The last few launchs for ANYTHING has had at least one game when the system came out that convinced me to keep it, but Resistance is so ordinary that I coudln't care less even if I tried.
Well, as I mentioned before, I don't play many FPS games, and I certainly haven't tried out Gears of War or Halo. I find Resistence perfectly acceptable for a launch game, but I can understand if FPS players might not find much new to it. That said, it's also a bit premature to judge a system's future purely by its launch lineup. Did the PS2 even have any notable launch games?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 12:23 AM #2291 of 3592
Well, there was Timesplitters... That was very close to launch, but I don't think it was a launch title. Other than that, the PS2 launch titles were quite abysmal.

How ya doing, buddy?
Love it.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:28 PM #2292 of 3592
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Personally, I'm having a ton of fun with Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom. Granted, it's standard hack n' slash material, but hey it looks good.
really? then I'm sold I'll ask this for Christmas, it seem pretty fun from the video ^^

Gengi is like a mix of Onimusha 3 and dynasty warriors to me XD seem fun, but the gameplay seem a little too slow (why I tend to go for untold legend which seem to be fast with some crazy move XD)

Did the PS2 even have any notable launch games?
I don't remember seeing any good game on launch, maybe tekken but at that time I din't like any fighting game. I remember ending up with Orphen: scion of sorcery which at that time I had a good time on it, but now the game is so not good XD I keep it just for nostalgy, because it was my first ps2 game XD

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:32 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 10:32 PM #2293 of 3592
I forget when Zone of the Enders came out, but I think it was still inside the PS2's launch "window." It was a pretty good game all things considered.

I, too, had Orphen: Scion of Sorcery. I got rid of it though. :/ Almost wish I still had it.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:40 PM #2294 of 3592
zone of the enders came out about 6 mouth after the launch, wish I had bought this game at that time, I only rented it and now that I own the second one I would really like to play the first again ; ;

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 01:47 PM #2295 of 3592
Did the PS2 even have any notable launch games?
It only had two of the greatest launch games ever, one of them was completely ignored despite glowing reviews. ;_;

Which one!

FELIPE NO
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:53 PM #2296 of 3592
oh yeah! SSX wow that was fun XD I didn't own th game but it made me buy SSX3 (on gamecube though XD)

and I remember having quite some fun with sky odyssey too, but it was only a rental.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:55 PM #2297 of 3592
Well the next few months are ports of excellent games (FEAR, Half Life 2, Ninja Gaiden, Oblivion). This might not satisfy people who played them already, but good news for me; I've never played any. I'm looking forward to all of them.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Soldier; Nov 19, 2006 at 11:05 PM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:58 PM #2298 of 3592
roh ninja gaiden! I forgot about it, I'll be sure to check that out (when will it be release?. Unfortunately I already own Half-life 2 and FEAR on PC and Oblivion didn't impress me much, I might rent it to see if I'll enjoy it more on a console than on the PC...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:06 PM #2299 of 3592
They said spring for Ninja Gaiden, Oblivion is in December I think along with FEAR, and I think they said first quarter of 2007 for Half-Life 2. I think I'm most interested in Oblivion at the moment due to its sheer length.

Most amazing jew boots
Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:23 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 09:23 PM #2300 of 3592
Wheee... Had an awesome team deathmatch bout tonight. I got on a massive killing spree as chimera just rushing people in rage mode. Got the Assassin medal for 20 consecutive kills, woo Unranked games though. I aught to try a ranked one sometime.

Apparently you level up too, and can get new stuff to equip your human model with... Though I haven't progressed much on that at all yet.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread