Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What the hell did I just watch (Sousei no Aquarion)

Jonus
the other me

Member 437

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:48 PM #1 of 13
What the hell did I just watch (Sousei no Aquarion)

Holy crap i downloaded the first 13 episodes, hell what's going on in this series. I thought the transformation on sailormoon was weird, but in aquarion everytime they transform they are naked, look like they comming, *wft* the characters also say "i am comming" and *double wtf* they really have orgams.

Should i delete the whole series just now or continue to watch this embrassing stuff.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Jonus; Mar 7, 2006 at 05:55 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:01 PM #2 of 13
i sorta stopped watching it on episode 4. that transformation along with the same opening them coming up was kinda homo lol. but other than that im sure it s not that bad.. finish it up and let me know.. if not then i know its a piece of shit lol.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:44 PM #3 of 13
I got up to about episode 5 or so and it was kinda strange but I thought the mecha action more than made up for the wierdness. The only reason I stopped was because I got some bleach and it was way more interesting to watch. I want to get back into it but I got more Yakitate so it will have to wait.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:54 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 04:54 AM #4 of 13
I like the OP songs! Go Tight! And that Sousei No Aquarion song is awesome too. In my opinion some of the best pop songs Yoko Kanno has made.

I haven't checked the series out, but from what you guys are saying, it sounds pretty hilarious. =D

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by surasshu; Mar 8, 2006 at 07:16 AM.
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:40 PM #5 of 13
I still haven't figured out if this series was meant to be a subtle jab at every single mech series out there or not. If it is, it's a pretty good masterpiece. The "uniting" sequences are extremely funny to the point of utter ridiculousness that I feel that the director is making one big joke about the whole thing. Combine that with the homoerotic undertones and constant use of cliches, and you've got yourself a pretty good parody that covers almost everything that's hilarious about mecha anime. Furthermore, the fact that every single character seems to have some sort of psychological disorder makes me shake my head in wonder. The caveat regarding the offbeat jokes is that you just have to get used to them. That's about it.

I've seen all that A-Kingdom has done up to date, and if you're going to watch more of it, try to keep plot and action as secondary and enjoy the crazy humor that they employ. Watching it while drunk helps supposedly.

Most amazing jew boots
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:33 PM #6 of 13
Man I was watching this a while back. Stopped at around episode 20. The super attacks they used just kept getting more, and more rediculous. That extending punch that went all the way to the moon just went too far... The soundtrack is a absolute GODSEND though. God bless you Yoko Kanno!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
katchum
VGM forever!

Member 180

Level 35.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:09 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 07:09 PM #7 of 13
What are you all talking about? I watched episode 24 and the obscene scene you pointed out is like 3 seconds long.

FELIPE NO
Himetsu
Wanderer

Member 3244

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:31 PM #8 of 13
Yeah, the series is obviously a parody.

But I enjoyed it for what it was worth. There really is no depth in the storyline. I watched it for the action scenes and humor.

The title says "What the hell did I just watch?" I was thinking the same thing after watching episode one. You aren't alone.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
DIMKYA
Wark!

Member 1849

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:25 AM #9 of 13
There was an episode where the characters all did cosplay of other characters within the show, so I would say that Aquarion is a parody. Plus, it takes just about every cliche in mecha anime known to man, and uses it somewhere. Then in like, the last 2 episodes, it throws a story in there. Overall, it was a pretty good show, it had its moments, nice animation during the fights and what not (though one episode's animation sucked, because it was supposed to). Not horrible, not spectacular, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 7. If you like giant robots, watch it.

How ya doing, buddy?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:42 AM #10 of 13
Originally Posted by surasshu
I like the OP songs! Go Tight! And that Sousei No Aquarion song is awesome too. In my opinion some of the best pop songs Yoko Kanno has made.

I haven't checked the series out, but from what you guys are saying, it sounds pretty hilarious. =D

some things and when the transformation,syncro shit begins with that song. its homo lol. i'll think i'll stick with funny mech animes like nadesico.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:53 AM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 06:53 PM #11 of 13
Originally Posted by chato
that transformation along with the same opening them coming up was kinda homo lol.
Originally Posted by chato
syncro shit begins with that song. its homo lol.
Are you a creative writing student or something like that? I really like your style.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:08 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 07:08 PM #12 of 13
Originally Posted by Aardark
Are you a creative writing student or something like that? I really like your style.
DO NOT COMPROMISE HIS STYLE

He's writing the Ulysses of the twenty-first century, man.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 01:41 PM #13 of 13
Originally Posted by Aardark
hmm? Is slang not allowed, amigo?

edit : ah shit.. I just noticed it. ;p

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by chato; Mar 19, 2006 at 01:48 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > What the hell did I just watch (Sousei no Aquarion)