Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Have you been bullied before?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:18 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 02:18 AM #1 of 77
Have you been bullied before?

Hi guys, just want to ask if you may have experienced the worst case in childhood life. Bullied.

Somehow being bullied by my "friends" in my youth gave a very deep impact to me up to now. I feel like every friends that I've met is not really a friends. In my mind I keep thinking that they will go sometimes because they are not really a friend. I fear that people will think bad about me if I'm talk this and that. Overall, I feel myself being totally imperfect and not worthed as friend, though my friends keep telling me that's not true.

of course there is worse than that... but I want to hear your story too.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:55 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 12:55 PM #2 of 77
Sure, I was pushed around and teased for a plethora of reasons ranging from the obvious, like a funny last name, to the bizzare, like I just happened to be the nearest target. I don't think any kid has gone through school and not been bullied. However, by the time I was in High School, it mostly stopped and I wasn't even offended by people's remarks. I just took it in stride. Oh, you called me a fucking pussy. Ouch.

If anything, being insulted earlier in life made me a little tougher to verbal abuse during those years. No kid is going to be emotionally hurt by these remarks on their own unless they have other problems to live with. We grow up, find out that name calling and pushing is hardly a crisis, and move on.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Sol; Mar 10, 2006 at 03:05 PM. Reason: fuckgottaspellcheck
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:58 PM #3 of 77
I wasn't really picked on all that much, but your occasionally bully in elemetary that wanted to act bad ass and have a rage against the machine or something. It's pretty much stopped now, but my friends still joke around with me and stuff with insults about how fat I am. I don't really take it lightly but I try converting my anger into a laughter feeling.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:07 PM #4 of 77
I wasn't bullied anymore after I got contact lenses and boobs, but before that, was I ever. I was basically the skinniest, ugliest, most-boyish looking kid ever. I had coke-bottle glasses, super short hair, the works...and most of the girls hated me, for some reason.

I blame my hideousness.

Anyway, as soon as I grew out of that ugly, awkward stage I must have gotten more self-confidence and developed a "Don't f--k with me" attitude, because the bullying stopped completely and I actually turned out to be semi-popular.

One thing I learned about human nature: If you allow people to run all over you, they will.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:57 PM #5 of 77
When I was in elementary school, a few attempted to bully me. I guess they figured it wasn't worth it because I was too much of a loner. Other than that, people didn't really mess with me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
TRZD
i'm rappity rappin'

Member 391

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 04:29 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:29 PM #6 of 77
Yeah, one guy in my then group of "friends" used to bully me and it worked. The rest of my friends at the time seemed to be alright except when he was around, but when he was the rest of them would tend to stir it up even if they didn't always get involved themselves. It didn't exactly help that I had no control of my emotions as a kid and used to cry about everything no matter how hard I'd try to stop it from happening.

Anyway I put up with that for a year or so, but one of my best friends (who I'd known since I was like 4) had already been forced out of our group by that one guy, so when I'd finally had enough I went into my best mate's new group of friends and everything was much better after that. Since then I've been much happier and I can take things more lightly now and not just start crying over everything (seriously, I can't understand why I was like that because the whole time I was just trying to stop it). And since I went to uni I've actually been really popular with the friends I made here.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:26 PM #7 of 77
There's always some pompous asshat that seeks attention more than anything. I got bullied a couple times, but dealt with it according, and usually they just backed off after realizing it wasn't worth the effort.

FELIPE NO
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:51 PM #8 of 77
In elementary school, I was bullied. Nothing too serious, just a chase here or a threat there. However, due to my my choices of schools after elementary school, this has petered off. I imagine it's the same with many people.

How ya doing, buddy?
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:54 PM #9 of 77
Oh man, I was the one that beat up kids like all of you. Hahaha what a surprise! XD (JK)

umm never bullied, just made fun of.

Most amazing jew boots
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:07 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:07 AM #10 of 77
I wasn't bullied too much, except for some rather troublesome times. I got a lot of racist abuse in general when I was ten and younger. People flinging shit at me (no, really) and calling me names. Some american kid in one of my schools was a known bully and an abject retard, he once punched me in the face. People would call me "fish-lips" and stuff like that. Then I hit puberty, and for some strange reason no one even tried to fuck with me anymore.

T0X1Qu3
Love Me ~ Kiss Me

Member 2252

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:34 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:34 PM #11 of 77
I was bullied a little bit... actually a lot but I didnt really call it "bullying".

It sorta stopped when I starting talking back to whoever was saying/doing stuff and then I'd cause just a lot more trouble >.>

" Your Absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle
Everything I do is stiched with its color"
~W.S. Merwin
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:00 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 03:00 PM #12 of 77
My worst time during childhood is when my friends discriminate me as "sissy" because my face, my attitude seems not as boyish as them. The result... I almost questioning whether I am a man or woman... it's really tough time, but somehow I manage to pass it, and I become strong person till now.

I hope no one of you experienced what I feel it's so damn hurt that you might wish to die.

Most amazing jew boots
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:07 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 12:07 AM #13 of 77
I remember being picked on in elementary school by a few of the boys because I managed to make high grades on the assignments. We all managed to graduate high school together and we forgot those days ever happened.

I was also the first to get braces at my elementary school. I think only one other person in my class had them, but I was teased for about a year. I wasn't really affected by it though, since during middle school, everyone had braces except me.

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:09 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:09 AM #14 of 77
Gee, who hasn't been bullied before. I've got so many stories about my encounters with bullies, I could probably write a novel. I'll see if I can find my old post from another forum about some of the bullies I've met.

Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 04:31 AM #15 of 77
When I was living in Detroit in middle and elementary school, I definitely had severe run-ins with bullying, all starting with my being very short, and then extending to my braininess. Fortunately (and I use this term lighty) there were no tolerance policies on any violence, so I never had to deal with anything physical; however the subtle verbal assaults and badgering still got to me.
I can definitely say that it had a large impact on my life. However, I have learned how to get past most of those problems that were left over from that period, and am getting along with life just fine.

FELIPE NO
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:43 AM #16 of 77
I was never personally bullied cause I was always part of the "cool" crowd. I never bullied anyone either however some of my friends did. I was secretly friends with some of the "nerds" and "loosers" though so it always made me feel bad but it was awesome being popular and always having a girlfriend in highschool. Actually that all changed halfway through tenth grade but that's for another thread.

Anyway, in my opinion bullying is a horrible thing and it has obvious negative effects on people and can add to someone depression and as has been seen in the pass can be a contribuating factor in someone choosing suicide as "a way out". D:

I just don't think I could ever cause someone who didn't deserve it that kind of mental or possibly physical pain without feeling guilty about it afterwords.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
[/RIGHT]
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:47 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:47 AM #17 of 77
I was always on the short end of the stick so yes, I can personally tell you bullying stories from grade 1 to grade 12. Sad really.

Even though I try to forget it all, sometimes the bad memories come back.

Myst'
#D57CC3

Member 2556

Level 2.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 07:20 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 02:20 PM #18 of 77
When I was 9 years old, I got bullied around alot. By my friends, by people from other classes. Just by god damn everyone. I think i was bullied around because i was the quieter one. I was so shy. It was embarrassing for me to speak a word.

I was bullied nearly 7 years then. Because i didnt get any louder.

Then when I was 16 years old, i finally woke up due to events in my life who changed my point of view entirely. And now i experience that i slowly become the one who bullies people around myself. And that is very saddening but i think it is inevitable that you bully back if you have been bullied in your childhood. But oh well

Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 08:23 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 09:23 PM #19 of 77
I was bullied as a kid because of my nerdiness, well, actually, I didn't really remember why I was bullied, but I was.

But then, I fought back, and they didn't dare mess with me again, since one of them got sent to hospital because of an injury.

ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 09:59 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 03:59 PM #20 of 77
Oh i've been bullied a shit load in the past. It hasn't been so bad over the past few years though which is good. I seem to get bullied alot for being ginger. Because obviously, having ginger hair is like THE funninest thing ever to most people. I've also been bullied for being too 'fat' because i'm not like a size 8. Just all the usual crap really.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Cheers B4!
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:01 AM #21 of 77
Originally Posted by ComCrimson
I seem to get bullied alot for being ginger. Because obviously, having ginger hair is like THE funninest thing ever to most people.
Jeez...if you had any idea how much time and money I spend to make my hair ginger.

It's cool the way you say "ginger hair" instead of "red hair." I think I'm going to borrow that.

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:43 AM #22 of 77
I was bullied a little, for being an immigrant.

Who gives a shit though.

Eh, I guess it depends on the person when it comes to how to respond.

I never had any trouble with it...

munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:14 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:14 PM #23 of 77
I was bullied in primary school for being fat I got told to go on slimfast, but the funny thing about that was the people picking on me were the same size if not just a little bigger then me. I also got picked on for developing breasts in year 4(9yrs old) and for starting my period in year 5 (10yrs old) all before even hitting teenage years. I also got picked on because of my name, because it's not common and I'm the only one in my area with this name. It sucked and it got carried on into high school. But it eventually died down and I got over it. I was wary of the new friends I met at first because I thought they were just wanting dirt on me to use when and if they bullied me but it never happend and I got some really good friends out of it.

FELIPE NO
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:52 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 08:52 PM #24 of 77
Meh, most children get shit from other students at one time or another. Deal with it, it will make you stronger in the end.

I got some shit in middle school but that went away in high school when I lost 50lbs and grew 4". BTW lifting weights never hurts either.

Most amazing jew boots

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Crowdmaker
I should be working

Member 950

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 02:14 PM #25 of 77
Back when I was a wee tyke I got bullied for being black. I was in this expatriate-only school in Saudi Arabia full of mostly Brits plus a smattering of other Europeans and some Americana, so yeah, I stood out like whoa. The bullying usually consisted of them ganging up on me and call me blacky, brownie, things of that nature, or picking fights with me and all that. But it was hardly as dramatic as I'd like to be able to make it sound. Kids at that age are just dumb. *shrugs*

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Have you been bullied before?