Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I didn't develop taste until after High School

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:12 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 01:12 AM #26 of 36
I still like the ol' Backstreet Boys. I have their first album and probably their only good one.

I'm disappointed to still have NSYNC's first album in possession.

And sadly the required Napster downloads back in the day, such as Britney Spears (shudder).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:26 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 02:26 AM #27 of 36
I'm fairly embarassed to own "NOW 2" -- but since it was a friend's CD that I accidentally ended up keeping, I don't feel *quite* so bad. A lot of my 'early' music consists of Creed, Eminem, Korn, a smattering of Limp Bizkit, SoaD, Bush, Pearl Jam, Collective Soul, Offspring, Metallica, Tool, Megadeth and Nirvana. Sounds pretty standard for 8th-10th grade in my area.

That said, it doesn't completely horrify me too much (aside from the Korn/LB/Creed stuff). I mean, whenever I run across songs that I've burned onto mix CDs or hear them at random on the radio, it brings back nice memories. They belong in the past, but I spent a lot of time locked away in my room drawing to the radio in those days -- and admittedly, not everything was terrible, awful music on the airwaves, either. And the Metallica/Aerosmith/Led Zepplin was normally stolen from my dad's CD collection.

I can forgive myself for most everything except for Limp Bizkit. Really, with the shittiness of both their lyrics and music, I can't bring myself to admit that I had one of their stickers on my viola case in 7th grade .

Most amazing jew boots
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:44 PM #28 of 36
The other day I was taking a quick listen to an array of old (like...4 years ago) mix CDs and all I find are just generic trance/OC remixes and stuff, rather lame.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
werepandamike
Chocohobo

Member 4106

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:56 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 09:56 PM #29 of 36
The only stuff I feel ashamed about listening to in high school is linkin park and New Found Glory. I had CD's of Good charlotte, Simple Plan, and Trust Company, but that's only cause friends gave them to me. I always hated those bands.
Then again, I still have some guilty pleasures. Like Dashboard Confessional and 4 songs (only four!) by The Used.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 02:53 AM #30 of 36
You should see my embarassing CD collection from High School: (I don't know most of the album names right off the bat.)

S Club 7
Kylie Minogue: Fever
Britney Spears: Baby One More Time
Britney Spears: Oops I Did It Again...
Grease (The Musical OST)
Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Mandy Moore: Real(?)
Shakira: Laundry Service

God I hate myself for EVER buying this crap. (About $160 bucks on CDs that I could of used towards better things.)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 03:00 AM #31 of 36
I have the first NOW CD lying in my old cd case. It was a bad choice from begining to end. The only redeeming song on it was a Harvey Danger song that I cant remember the name of for the life of me.

FELIPE NO
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 03:53 AM #32 of 36
Originally Posted by Mojougwe
You should see my embarassing CD collection from High School: (I don't know most of the album names right off the bat.)

Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

What on earth is wrong with "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"? Have you even listened to that album in its entirity? "Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" alone sets it head and shoulders above anything else mentioned in this thread.

That album is considered by many to be a timeless classic, a record whose brilliance will endure throughout generations. I tend to agree. I think we can all finally look beyond Elton John's flamboyance long enough to say that the man is a gifted musician and songwriter. He will always be in a much higher league than Britney Spears, DMX, Creed and Aqua.

I will proudly admit that I own this album and listen to it often. It's fantastic and definitely nothing to be ashamed of.

Most amazing jew boots
han89
Chocobo

Member 8336

Level 12.35

Jun 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 02:34 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 10:34 PM #33 of 36
Sisqo - Thong Song
Britney - Oops I did it Again
Desitny's Child (what the hell?) - Say my Name
Creed - My Sacrifice
Five - Everybody Get Up
Shaggy - It Wasn't Me
Lots and lots of Eminem. Lots.

that's what i used to listen to also...now i just don't get NEAR anything like those...i forgot that shaggy or five or britney or sisqo even existed...

actually, a few days ago, i was listening to a mixed CD i made for my friend a few years ago and started laughing at the abondance of Eminem there and of too many BAD laughable songs!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > I didn't develop taste until after High School