Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] SONIC UNLEASHED - FURFAG FANSERVICE

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 06:23 PM 1 #51 of 181
I don't know what possessed me to do this, but:

Spoiler:

Final Smash:

LANDMASTERRR!

Should we go ahead and make the assumption that SonicWulf will cause a drop in speed?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 06:29 PM 2 #52 of 181
Yo, SuperSonic:

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Chaotic; Mar 23, 2008 at 06:32 PM.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 06:49 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 11:49 PM 1 #53 of 181
quoted for truth

and only added text to after due to the minimum post size limit x.x

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:51 PM 2 2 #54 of 181
That picture is my wallpaper, because it's in hidef and it's FUNNY.

Also this pic pretty much describes my feelings in regards to the reaction to this game.

NOSTALGIAFAGS, THE LOT OF YOU. WAIT FOR SOME GAMEPLAY IMPRESSIONS KTHNX.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:07 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 05:07 PM #55 of 181
Props for the edit but you say "wait for gameplay impressions you old skool elitist faggots!" every time there's a new sonic game thread. Since we're going for the usual opinions here I'll take my usual stance of wait and see while pointing and laughing at this wtf of a game plot.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 01:44 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 12:44 PM 1 #56 of 181
Oh, Sin Ansem... so cute. Except for when you have a lot of games from a given team. And all of those games suck, largely because of gimmicky game play, and then you get another game that's going to be chock-full of gimmicky game play, it's not nostalgia, it's experience.

Okay? Grow up now. Or go back to your Final Fantasy rehashes. Whichever.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 02:23 PM 2 #57 of 181
Oh, Sin Ansem... so cute. Except for when you have a lot of games from a given team. And all of those games suck, largely because of gimmicky game play, and then you get another game that's going to be chock-full of gimmicky game play, it's not nostalgia, it's experience.

Okay? Grow up now. Or go back to your Final Fantasy rehashes. Whichever.
I think he's just excited to see how much it'll suck. I mean, it defies logic.

"But the last 6 or 7 games they've made have been fucking terrible."
"SO!?"
"Ok, so going by their track record, it's quite reasonable to be weary of another entry in the series."
"NUH UH. YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT."
"Did I not just explain that everything they've touched for several years has been terrible now?"
"Doesn't matter! It's totally going to be sweet and you're a dick for not thinking it's going to be the best thing ever."

Nostalgia doesn't have shit to do with the games being ass. I know, I've seen them.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Mar 24, 2008 at 02:27 PM.
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 03:07 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 02:07 PM #58 of 181
It's battered wife syndrome. I kept coming back to the Megaman series long after the games went into the quality toilet, trying hard to convince myself that maybe THIS would be the time Capcom mends its ways. Megaman X7 was total shit, but the X8 demo looks promising, THIS time it's not going to suck!

And hey look, this new Sonic game is going to be a little different! It's 2D based gameplay! Never mind that the stake through the heart of all the previous games wasn't the transition to 3D so much as it was stupid gimmicky gameplay, and here we're being presented with another Sonic game featuring the same team and the same stupid gimmicky gameplay. Maybe THIS time they'll get it right!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 03:40 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 03:40 PM #59 of 181
I liked what I saw from the video, it looked like they were trying to go back to the side scrolling action from the older games but now that i see Sonic Wulf.. I'm just disappointed.
Okay am I the only one who is still seeing this game as Secret Rings? This isn't a side-scroller. Its looking JUST THE SAME as Secret Rings.

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Mar 24, 2008, 03:45 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 01:45 PM #60 of 181
Its looking JUST THE SAME as Secret Rings.
Yeah, Lukage, because those 2.5D sidescrolling segments were CLEARLY just figments of our collective imagination.

Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure were fine as games. It's the 3D Sonic games that garner the negative stigma, and since they're in bulk and this just happens to be another 3D looking Sonic game, it's hard not to see it in any other light than negative.

From what I've seen gameplay wise, things look at least promising. I'll suspend judgment until I see exactly what this werehog bullshit is all about, but I think most of us are just doing what comes natural when we see some stupid shit Sega gimmick emerge from a game that should really be about moving fast in well designed levels. Speculating in that regard really doesn't do anything more than blindly trying to be optimistic about this shit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:52 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 04:52 PM #61 of 181
Perhaps I should have stated this as a very precise question:

Who has played Sonic and the Secret Rings?

If your answer to the above question was "I have," then please tell me what this game does to look promising. The concern is that say, in the first game, you could take a few different paths to the end, one perhaps going underground, the other through water. The last game they released gave you an option: Forwards or backwards. There's a "go" or "don't go" option. All you're doing is jumping along the track. I feel that this is going the same way in just giving the player a track to run on. I'll play an Olympics simulator for that.

And no, the wolf crap doesn't bother me because people aren't crying over some magical genie book. What I will credit this short video is a time and score meter. At least some original aspects are being retained in the promise of a "back to basics" game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:56 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 02:56 PM #62 of 181
If your answer to the above question was "I have," then please tell me what this game does to look promising.
The music (okay, that's not gameplay, but it is something not the aesthetic equivalent of "awful") and the 2.5D segments all show elements of influence from the Sonic Rush games. The boost meter is present, as is the grind rails and such. Those being actually quite good, in comparison to Secret Rings... which was actually quite experimental and ended up more disappointment like everything else that is "experimental" in Sonic games.

Old Mar 24, 2008, 05:33 PM #63 of 181
Secret Rings would have been better if it had the option to use analog controls or better yet the DK bongos.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Mar 24, 2008, 05:39 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 03:39 PM #64 of 181
or better yet the DK bongos.
Clearly Sega's selected music is there to trick us into celebrating prematurely.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:25 PM #65 of 181
I'm not even irritated about the apparent "It's going to suck". I'm more irritated about the complaining of "ZOMG TEH WULF SAWNIK" There's SO many legit red flags (like Sonic Team USA's involvment) and you're bitching about a PLOT?! This is why we should ignore games like this and not hype it as "the next suck". I'm just fine and dandy kicking people's asses in Brawl with Sonic, I don't need another 3-D game reminding me why everyone ignores Sonic Advance 3.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:32 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 08:32 PM 1 #66 of 181
Yeah, except that the first real red flag that Sonic USAs involvement was going to lead to horrible things was "Hey, he's a werewolf now."

Good hustle, though. You might be fine and dandy with playing a character in a gimmick fighting game, but some of us would like them to actually give us a decent game. You know. A Sonic game.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:54 PM #67 of 181
I'd like a decent game too. This game doesn't look to deliver (it's like Sonic Rivals with what little challenge stripped out). Sonic Chronicles looks good gameplay wise DESPITE the fanfictiony crap coming out of it, this game does not. If it's good, I don't CARE if it plays anything like the classics or brings obnoxious new characters in. I don't get why this is the only fandom that bitches about additions totally irrelevant to gameplay, thus my apparent RAGE and such.

I apologize for the caps and angry words but the general stance stays.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:56 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 08:56 PM 2 #68 of 181
Yeah, only Sonic fans don't like it when they massively fuck up their games by adding pointless crap and completely changing the game play into something unrecognizable and horrid.

Yeah. That's completely true.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:27 PM 1 #69 of 181
Quote:
I don't CARE if it plays anything like the classics
Quote:
obnoxious new characters
So basically what you're saying is you'll play any of the shit they release so long as you can rationalize in your own mind that it's good.

Who would ever get mad that they're focusing on adding a bunch of new shit instead of improving core gameplay? Oh those silly fans.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:28 PM #70 of 181
^Umm no don't put words in my mouth. Sonic Advance 3 doesn't play like the classics at all and it's good to put an example. Shadow in comparison is shit because of shitty controls, level layout and frustrating missions, not because he sold out.

Watching Sonic fans derail topics to bitch about why he's not like he was in the old days in when he is only briefly mentioned in an unrelated subject, I have never seen that in any other fandom.

Last edited by Sin Ansem; Mar 24, 2008 at 10:33 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:30 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 09:30 PM #71 of 181
Watching Sonic fans derail topics to bitch about why he's not like he was in the old days in when he is only briefly mentioned in an unrelated subject, I have never seen that in any other fandom.
Yeah, except that's not even remotely what happened here. So what you're saying is you came in to derail the topic to bitch about fans that aren't even doing what you're accusing them of doing when what you talked about was an entirely unrelated subject.

And it happens in pretty much any fanboy group. You want to keep digging that hole, MagicalKuja?

FELIPE NO

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:31 PM #72 of 181
Actually if I'm not mistaken, your post was the one that started this current argument. And other "fandoms" (can we quit using that word now, by the way? It's terribly dirty.) don't have this problem (at least not on as large as scale, thus you won't hear as much about it) because the developers haven't been raping their series' for years.

On topic: The boys at X3F posted some new details which may or may not just be rumors.

Some of it sounds bogus, but I hope the no extra characters part is true.

Last edited by Tails; Mar 24, 2008 at 10:36 PM.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:32 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 08:32 PM 1 #73 of 181
I don't CARE if it plays anything like the classics or brings obnoxious new characters in.
Quote:
I don't get why this is the only fandom that bitches about additions totally irrelevant to gameplay
Contradiction much? You SHOULD care about if it plays like the classics, because the core gameplay is what is most important about these games. Lukage made a good point: Sonic games are platformers with laid out sections of high speed velocity and gliding along rails. Prior to the SONICWULF thing I had high hopes for this, because it seems to be going back to what was important in the series, the core gameplay mechanics.

But here you say you DON'T care if it plays anything like the classics. Well if I'm judging the GAMEPLAY of the classics (Sonic 1-3 & S&K) versus the newer Entries (Post Sonic Adventure) then you'd be blind to ignore the fundamental change in how the game handles itself.

As far as the additions not core to the gameplay, that's an aspect which ANY fandom can and will bitch about: STORY and CHARACTERS are very important to the overall experience. Let me say that twice so that it gets properly emphasized: STORY and CHARACTERS are very important to the overall experience. In these video-games Gameplay DOES come first, but also in these video-games, as well as traditional mediums of expression, such as Books, Movies, and TV Shows, the Story and Characters (I know I'm saying this a third time but bear with me) they are all are important. They are all parts which come together to make a full Media Experience.

So what is the Story of Sonic?

"Sonic is a blue hedgehog, the fastest one alive. He is on a mission to stop Dr. Robotnik from getting the 7 Chaos Emeralds. Dr. Robotnik plans to use the 7 Emeralds to take over the world, and Sonic will use his speed and cunning attitude to stop this plan. Sonic will also be assisted from time to time by two companions: Knuckles the Echinda, who is the latest in a line of protectors of the Jewels, and Tails the Fox, a childhood friend of Sonic who tags along with him on his mission."

There, that's the entire plot condensed down. All the rest that has been tacked on, including new characters, convulsed & confusing plots, with unneeded gimmicks (Everything from a 'Metal Sonic' to suddenly not being on Mobius and now being on Earth to suddenly introducing GUNS are all examples of this) are just the kind of things which really made the potential of the games less then what it could be, and it ALL drags down the series. If you do not care that Sonic is now suddenly a Werewolf and the gameplay has been reduced to "Press A to go forward" then perhaps you should go replay the first or second Sonic games for a while. Really, go download Sonic on the 360 Arcade or Wii Virtual Console or download the ROM and play the game for a while.

Then, come back and tell me that you don't care that Sonic has one more uneeded gimmick and that Sonic no longer defeats enemies and meanders about a stage by moving along a rail all day long.
I'm confident you won't be able to.

Last edited by Dark Nation; Mar 24, 2008 at 10:38 PM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:32 AM 1 #74 of 181
All bullshit aside, theres a damn good writeup (complete with screens!) on how SEGA/ST can avoid making this a train wreck.

Something along the lines of obligatory reading there.

Most amazing jew boots

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 01:59 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 11:59 AM #75 of 181
I admit I got a bit too serious with my last post, so that link you provided was a nice breather. I'm still not holding my breath on this until E3 at least.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] SONIC UNLEASHED - FURFAG FANSERVICE