Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:18 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 11:18 PM #276 of 694
Hm? Well, they are for limited time, but they should still be around until Chapter 5 or so. I think I finished Turgen Mine after Audoula when I played the import.

Most amazing jew boots
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:21 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 10:21 PM #277 of 694
Originally Posted by Generic Badass
Hm? Well, they are for limited time, but they should still be around until Chapter 5 or so. I think I finished Turgen Mine after Audoula when I played the import.
Hum wonder what I did then. I finished Audoula Temple and planned on going into the mine right after. But instead the next town showed up and the mine area disappeared. I also went back in the tavern and the guy who first talked about the mine is back talking about how they just should hire some professionals now to clear the mine.

Edit: Thinking about it, I did enter the mine before the water temple and promptly got my butt kicked on the first fight so I left and went into the water temple to level up. Wonder if that had something to do with it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:25 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 11:25 PM #278 of 694
No, that's kind of what happened to me in the import, heh. It might just be locked for a story event or something. Try progressing a little.

How ya doing, buddy?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:36 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 07:36 AM #279 of 694
Really? I defeated the 4th boss at the water temple but I still got access to the mine.

How ya doing, buddy?

- What we all do best -
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 07:42 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 06:42 PM #280 of 694
So I just beat the game.

Spoiler:
The ending sucked, it was too short and left enough plot holes to barely make it a prequel. Ok now that I got that out the way, on to the real reason it was lame. They didn't explain anything, nothing about how VP2 connects to VP1. I always wondered how Brahms acquired Silmeria, and figured we'd find out in the ending. Not only was it not explained, we're left wondering how the hell Brahms and Odin survive to be in VP1 at all. Arngrim's the new guardian of the Dragon Orb and Rufus becomes the new king of Asgard, how does this play into Lenneth's timeline? Its like none of events of Chapter 5 and 6 ever happened in Valkyrie Profile 1, except the Valkyries being reincarnated. Lezard's presence was evident, he came from the future using Dipan's time machine after Ragnarok. Other than that, everything else is a complete mess. Maybe I missed something.. something huge, but how the hell is this a prequel again?

And I'm very confused. ._.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Jujubee; Oct 2, 2006 at 07:50 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 08:20 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 06:20 PM #281 of 694
The enemies in the Turgen mine are TOUGH. They are pretty tough customers and I think this will be a prime place to start levelling up.

As well, if you're having trouble with the bees.

Spoiler:
See if Lezard or any other mage has learned Explosion, that does about 600 damage and is pretty useful. I go one round of explosion followed by Fire Storm.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

- What we all do best -
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:16 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 11:16 PM #282 of 694
Just got the game yesterday and loved it so far. I'm at the Turgen Mines. It's a little though, but fortunately i can handle it (Nothing compared to the Cave of Oblivion from the previous game).

Originally Posted by Guest
So I just beat the game.

Spoiler:
The ending sucked, it was too short and left enough plot holes to barely make it a prequel. Ok now that I got that out the way, on to the real reason it was lame. They didn't explain anything, nothing about how VP2 connects to VP1. I always wondered how Brahms acquired Silmeria, and figured we'd find out in the ending. Not only was it not explained, we're left wondering how the hell Brahms and Odin survive to be in VP1 at all. Arngrim's the new guardian of the Dragon Orb and Rufus becomes the new king of Asgard, how does this play into Lenneth's timeline? Its like none of events of Chapter 5 and 6 ever happened in Valkyrie Profile 1, except the Valkyries being reincarnated. Lezard's presence was evident, he came from the future using Dipan's time machine after Ragnarok. Other than that, everything else is a complete mess. Maybe I missed something.. something huge, but how the hell is this a prequel again?

That doesn't surprise me though,

Spoiler:
The ending of the first game was horrible, all three of them. Very short and stupid (all that "macho" attitude from Lucian "Let's go Lenneth" (Or something).

Spoiler:
So, anyone got Celes yet? I've heard she is a though character to get since it's random if you can get her or not.

The game is so beautiful up to now. The only thing that i didn't like much is the difficulty. It doesnt seem very though up to now. I hope the Seraphic Gate is up to it's name.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Vash
Chocobo

Member 1502

Level 12.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:46 PM #283 of 694
Oh it gets tougher at chapter 3, don't you worry lol. I'm at the Palace of the Venerated Dragon...and I found a sword that I equipped onto Alicia right away...but then later, I checked her stats out of boredom or something and I saw it was gone...just gone. Luckily I kept a back up sword that works just fine but I'm bummed :/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Sig and ava made by me
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:21 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 10:21 PM #284 of 694
Can someone tell me why that when I team up with 4 mages including Lezard Valeth as lead, setting all of their attacks to fire storm, it's basically one of the most funnest things? FIRESTORM FIRESTORM FIRESTORM FIRESTORM.

Of course it's hard as hell to even get anywhere close to 100 hits, but that's not the point.
You just see the baddie to UP AND DOWN AND UP AND DOWN. Great fun.

And since I read the post by Manny Biggs, I mind as well power up some back up mages for now. I just finished the Turgen Mines. That place isn't so bad after all. As well, I talked to a little boy in the small sleepy town and then when I went back to the map, a new location opened up.

Spoiler:
Ancient Forest

Cool

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- What we all do best -
Antignition
Chocobo

Member 7743

Level 11.38

May 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 03:47 AM #285 of 694
Game is fun as hell. Got pretty pissed off in the beginning just because I don't ever adjust to Tri-Ace's unique battle systems very quickly (in any games). After giving it some time though I can say it's up there as one of the best battle systems I've ever experienced in an RPG (same way I felt about SO2, actually).

Midway into chapter 3, I think, I really don't get how THAT character makes a reappearance but it was definitely a nice surprise. Although judging from where everyone else here seems to be i'd say I showed up late to the party.

The skill system is the only thing i'm not crazy about, the game already had enough of a learning curve and it just added to the overall confusion. As cheap as it may sound, I would just about kill for the Bradygame's explanation in the walkthrough to be scanned and put up on here.

Quick question(s) to you folks though, since I don't have the funds to be spending $50 on a strategy guide: Basically I've been sticking with Dylan (it was a close call between using him and Mr. A, still not sure on that one), Lezard, and Rufus. Every review I've read about the game mentions the grinding involved, and as fun as the battle system is, leveling up einherjar to just release them for good seems pretty pointless to me (I'm also somewhat dissapointed at the lack of background for them), do you guys mostly stick with the story-driven characters?

Also, when you get the two new "mercenaries", did you swap out Dylan/Rufus for either of the two?

I am anti-spoiler by the way, so if anything said runs the risk of ruining something for me, just don't even bother.

Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:22 AM #286 of 694
Originally Posted by Guest
So I just beat the game.

Spoiler:

It isnt just a prequel though, thats why.

Spoiler:
Lezard going back in time clearly fucked with the timeline and changed the course of the future entirely. I dunno how they will manage to explain it, if they ever will at all... but with the way things ended up, there better be a VP3 to iron out this awkward chain of events. (or at least try)

Also, if you beat the last battle without Valkyrie in the party, you get a weirder scene in the ending, where you can see a young looking Lezard in the background in that scene with Alicia. Forboding sequel hint or just something to fuck with our minds? Eh, who knows.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Forsety; Oct 3, 2006 at 09:13 AM.
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 08:38 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 07:38 AM #287 of 694
Ah man, I'm addicted to this game. I'm just about ready to go play some more. I'm right about to go to Dragonscrpt, but I was collecting items for the Dog, Cat and Bird's Ring.

I really enjoy this game because you can really make it as easy or as challenging as you want. Substituting einheriargh most of the time, manipulating the skills system with equipment. It's really diverse, and when you're deep in a dungeon and your whole party is poisoned and don't have many healing items at all, it's the most fun (for me, this happened while doing the crawsus forest ruins, near the end, luckily the boss was cake.) Man, pools of poision that poison the whole party! Watch out for that in the Forest Ruins! Gah! (lol)

I did not reserve the game myself, but I got it the first day it shipped. Apparently the GameStop I went to had all but a few of their copies on reserve... which surprised me. The clerk was nice enough to just sell me one of the reserved copies, because he was doing a run between stores later and could pick up an extra at the other one. I would have hated to go home without VP2! Ugh!

What chapter does the game end, anyway?

Oh. If you release Richelle (or possibly of the three einheriar Richelle comes packaged with, check gamefaqs) when found at her town (I forgot where she is) she will give you an item that lets you bestow 30,000 experience onto any player. This item is FABULOUS if you know that you can get some nice items with either Leone or Lezard if you have them up to 40 by Chap 4 or whatever. I used this item on Alicia and she went up fricken 8 levels. More importantly, I used it on a fresh level 2 einheriar and he gained 16 levels. What an item!

ALSO: I released Kraad and found him at his house... I think he was in Villnore, and he gave me the "Kraadicator" which is a heavy sword with an ATK rating of about 200! It's frickin' sweet. It only has 2 attacks and no special, however.

My party right before entering Dragonscrypt:

Alicia 26
Falx 19
Circe 16
Seluvia 21

---

Originally Posted by Antignition

Quick question(s) to you folks though, since I don't have the funds to be spending $50 on a strategy guide: Basically I've been sticking with Dylan (it was a close call between using him and Mr. A, still not sure on that one), Lezard, and Rufus. Every review I've read about the game mentions the grinding involved, and as fun as the battle system is, leveling up einherjar to just release them for good seems pretty pointless to me (I'm also somewhat dissapointed at the lack of background for them), do you guys mostly stick with the story-driven characters?

Also, when you get the two new "mercenaries", did you swap out Dylan/Rufus for either of the two?

I am anti-spoiler by the way, so if anything said runs the risk of ruining something for me, just don't even bother.
Yeah, I'm always using some Einheiriar, I figure those permenent state increase items will be nice for when I finally decide on some certain characters. Don't you think they're worth it, just using them for like a few or four hours of dungeoning to get their gem of +20 +20 stats?

And yeah, I switched in Leone when the mercenaries joined up. She's pretty sweet, and hot. I also used Angrim for a while because I didn't have any heavy bladed characters who could use the Kraadicator.

FELIPE NO
In your dreams, magical thoughts
All things are real, unless you dream they're not

Last edited by Aquas; Oct 3, 2006 at 12:38 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:26 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 03:26 PM #288 of 694
Is there any real point in releasing Einherjar WITH very nice items? Like the rare accessories? Or can I just equip cheap cheap accessories on the more "dispensible" Einherjar's and still net the same results? So far, I haven't released any as of yet.

- What we all do best -
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 06:22 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 05:22 PM #289 of 694
Accessories are not accounted for in the releasing process. Equipment is, however. Better equipment in release means higher quantity of stat raising items recieved.

Most amazing jew boots
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 07:42 PM #290 of 694
Am I the only person that misses the Skill system from part 1? Not that this one is complicated or anything, but I much preffered the use of CP, and books to learn skills. This whole thing they got here has been done already... I also am not such a big fan of the whole running around thing. I liked the simple yet fun battle system of part 1 more. This game is still awesome though...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 08:29 PM #291 of 694
YES! I totally agree with Manny Biggz. I loved how you basically learned the skill immediatly, however it was up to you to max it out to level 8. Basically you could have mutliple skills going on at once, such as auto-item (VERY IMPORTANT FOR UNION PLUME etc) and Guts and the like. If you equipped your team correctly, you could take on the toughest bosses without too much trouble. I actually managed to take Brahms out in his castle using Jelanda, while getting the others to continually use potions. The sucky thing is

Spoiler:
You don't get any experience points what so ever. You just get a pat on the back, basically

On a related note about Valkyrie Profile 1, I picked up the LENNETH guide today, brand new. It's sad that I talked to the girl clerk at the counter and said that I had the original PSX version of VP1, and if you wanted the VP1 walkthrough guide, you’d have to go through hell and back and jump through hoops to find that, more so than the original PSX game itself. She just shrugged and said something along the lines that well, since it’s a remix, it should still be useful for me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

- What we all do best -
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 06:42 AM #292 of 694
Well, fortunately for you the Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth guide isn't as bad as the Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria guide. Though I've had both the original Prima guide and the new Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth guide for some time now, I still have not spent the time to go through each of them extensively to determine the differences.

However, upon lite inspection, I can most certainly say the Prima guide is more complete. One thing that the new guide is missing right off the top of my head is that while it lists the groups of enemies that can be found in a dungeon, it does not show their locations on the maps themselves, where as the Prima guide does. There's bound to be more differences as well. Sometime I'll go through both of them and list out what's missing.

Don't get me started on the Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria guide, though. It's downright terrible. I went through and posted on another forum a brief description of one of the problems it has, and I'll share that here as well. Some of it might be a little out of context, but you can get the jist of it from reading it.

"The English guide is another matter all together. I picked up the guide when I bought the game. Though, I hadn't taken a look through it until earlier today after I finished the game, and it really is terrible. Not even just incomplete bad, but inaccurate bad. In leafing through some of the Boss Monsters, I can attest that the incorrect numbers are supplied for the stats. In comparing it to all three of the Japanese guides (The Official Complete, The Master, and the Final Guides) a pattern develops which shows a complete lack of Quality control at Brady Games. The boss stat boxes are laid out in two tables. The Stat-labeled rows vary from monster to monster, but are set up in generally the same manner. I'll use the monster "Lady Cleo" as my example. Her tables are set up as:

Name: Lady Cleo
Species: Unholy Magic
Item: Azure Sealpouch, Supreme Garb
ATK: 200
AVD: 280
MAG: 58
RDM: 50
---------- End Table One
Hit: 10
RST: 50
Fire: None
Ice: None
Lightning: -50%
Earth: 100%
Holy: 50%
---------- End Table Two

Now, this is incorrect. The numbers listed are correct, just not for the particular stats they associate them with. If you go through the columns reading them in this order, you get the correct statistics:

ATK
MAG
HIT
AVD
RDM
RST

This appears to work for the monsters I have checked, but I haven't made a thorough sweep through, so there may be some differences. Also, the element affinities are correct.

I sincerely recommend that you do not buy the English Guide and instead pick up any one of the three Japanese guides. They contain much more information and are not strewn with inaccuracies."

Last edited by Black Mage; Oct 4, 2006 at 09:13 AM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 08:34 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 06:34 AM #293 of 694
Herm, now I'm debating whether to get it or not now even, but I guess it helps finding out what all the ???????????s are.

- What we all do best -
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 09:13 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 10:13 PM #294 of 694
Originally Posted by Spatula
Herm, now I'm debating whether to get it or not now even, but I guess it helps finding out what all the ???????????s are.
You could PM me which town's shop items you wanna check, since I have plenty of cash. Been fighting a hell lot to level certain characters up to level 40 before the end of chapter 3.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 11:07 AM #295 of 694
Quote:
Been fighting a hell lot to level certain characters up to level 40 before the end of chapter 3.
How the hell is this even possible. I got the game before YOU!

:: playing VP2 24 hours a day, nerd::

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 02:00 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 12:00 PM #296 of 694
I'm -still- at Chapter 3 since there's about three dungeons I can virtually access at the moment: Turgen, the sunken city, the first location of the dragon orb and the battleground-turned forest. Yes, I consider studying > play since it's a challenging course I'm taking.

So far, I've been meaning to get a second Raptor's Talon since I used one up already in making the Elemental Edge. Any ideas where?

Also with Alicia at level 20 with the clock more or less 18:00:00 and with the others not so far behind, I think I'm beginning to get the grip of what's going on. Also props to Rufus for having a high AP output so I can unleash either Arngrim or Dylan for their final moves, for now anyway. Can't really wait to finish this game. Now I'm just speculating whether to use Khanon or Lezard (poor me, Lezard only at level 10).

Now also at the binge of getting skills for a lot of characters so I stuck to the four dungeons available to me at this time.

Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 02:09 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 04:09 PM #297 of 694
Which location do you guys recomend to lvl up in chapter 3? My characters are lvl 20-25 since i spent most of the time lvling the einherier to revive them.

Also, why do you have your party lvl so high by chapter 3? is there a special character or something if you reach that lvl at some point?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Cyrus
Has Confidence in His Domination

Member 3319

Level 20.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 02:13 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 09:13 PM #298 of 694
Anybody playing the game on a modded PAL PS2? I heard there are problems (freezing and such) with this particular game which would be too bad, I really want to import this one.

Most amazing jew boots
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 02:25 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 01:25 PM #299 of 694
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Which location do you guys recomend to lvl up in chapter 3? My characters are lvl 20-25 since i spent most of the time lvling the einherier to revive them.

Also, why do you have your party lvl so high by chapter 3? is there a special character or something if you reach that lvl at some point?
There are apprently some good equips to get if you have them 40 before the end of Chap. 3... I'm not really sure, I'm not doing that shit!

I'm where you're at right now, pretty much. The shortcut to the Solde region, the snowy place seems like a good place for leveling your einheriar to about 22 or 23. I was thinking of then heading back to Venerated Dragon Temple or whatever and getting materials, and leveling there with the sealstone bonuses and stuff (because Alicia is so pimped out.)

However, I just noticed that there is an optional boss to do in the Turgen Mine afterwards if you talk to the resident near the bar in Villnore.

Once I almost have these Einheiriar free I'll probably head to the next part.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Aquas; Oct 4, 2006 at 02:49 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:27 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 10:27 PM #300 of 694
In terms of story I haven't progressed much, but in terms of powering up Einherjar I've done some work on that. I got rid of the first mage guy with the brown hat. He was getting useless, so OFF WITH HIS HEAD! There's another chick wearing the metal helmet and visor, and has the most annoying battle stance ever, she's next.

- What we all do best -

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria