Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] DS Music Title

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:19 PM Local time: Dec 30, 2007, 09:19 PM #1 of 8
DS Music Title

Has anyone played Daigasso! Band Brothers? I couldn't remember the name of it hence the title, but if a moderator could be kind enough to change it. Hell this could be a thread about generic music games for the DS. So any other good ones out there? I noticed that there's a Taiko Drummer on the DS. How is that compared to the PS2 version?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by guyinrubbersuit; Dec 30, 2007 at 11:41 PM.
trackjacket
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 22470

Level 13.94

May 2007

Old Dec 31, 2007, 02:21 AM #2 of 8
Taiko no Tatsujin DS is fun, and has a nice selection of Japanese tracks, but it's awkward to play. IMO, at least. It's a neat little game that has tons of replay value if you're into it, and the menus are very easy to navigate since the game doesn't require much (if any) knowledge of Japanese.

I'd also like to throw a nod out there to Electroplankton, developed by Indies Zero and published by Nintendo. It's not so much a music game, per se, but it's a piece of software with no real objective other than to create music through arbitrary and random means. The only downside is, you can't save or record any of the music you create. Unless, of course, you do a line-in recording or video tapes it, or, whatever. It's one of, if not the most innovative title out there on the DS, and makes complete use out of the system; really something that couldn't be replicated on any other console or handheld.

Trailer:
YouTube Video

There's nowhere I can't reach.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:17 AM #3 of 8
Well, obviously the best music games on the DS are the Ouendan series (1 & 2 and Elite Beat Agents).

I tried to get into Band Brothers, but the low-quality MIDI sound just put me off. I like chiptunes and I like real music, but low-quality MIDI... no thanks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:17 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 05:17 PM #4 of 8
The sound in Band Brothers takes some getting used to, but you can actually compose tunes in it! I think it's pretty cool. Although of course NitroTracker is a lot cooler for that, but it wasn't out when I bought Band Brothers.

I also really enjoyed Electroplankton. Then again I'm a total audio software nerd so maybe you need to be someone like that to get anything out of it. It's certainly no game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:06 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 06:06 PM #5 of 8
Daigasso Band Brothers sure is a great game, I imported it when it first came out and it's now one of my favorite games for the DS. It's such a shame they couldn't put in a better quality of sound for the game but it doesn't matter really IMO, you get used to it. They should have been able to as I heard they had something close to mp3 quality to an earlier GBA game if I'm not wrong.

Electroplankton, well, it's a cool gadget but I got bored pretty quickly.

If you haven't tried Elite Beat Agents you should, as it's one of the only games that really puts some good use to the touch screen I think. There's a good selection of songs in EBA and the movie sequences made for them are awesome. Another one of my favorite DS games.

I was speaking idiomatically.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:37 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 09:37 AM #6 of 8
I tried a little bit of Elite Beat Agents at a Gamestop once and I thought it was decent. I'll probably get it later down the road.

Electroplankton never was officially released here, was it?

Anyone have Jam Sessions? I know it's really not a game but I think it would be neat to have something like that around especially if I come up with a song and I'm not near a guitar or any recording device.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 01:07 PM Local time: Dec 31, 2007, 11:07 AM #7 of 8
Electroplankton did see a US release, but it was only sold in Nintendo's online shop.

I think Gamestop takes back used copies, but I doubt they're very common.

FELIPE NO
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2007, 03:53 PM #8 of 8
Of all the "DS Music Title" games I played Daigasso Band Brothers is my top favorite. I love the fact that you can compose your own score (or export/import other scores if you have the right tools or a flashcart).

If you want to get technical about sound quality, Ouendan/EBA sample their music around 16kHz stereo, Taiko no Tatsujin around 22.5kHz mono, and Electroplankton, Jam Session and Daigasso Band Brothers around 32kHz to 48kHz stereo. The only reason why Daigasso Band Brothers sounds "low quality MIDI" is because it lacks lots of feature of what a standard/GM MIDI can do. But even with the limitation I'll say it sounds better than what most people put out on vgmusic.com.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] DS Music Title