Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Veronica Mars season 3: The best show that you might not be watching yet

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:15 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 11:15 PM #26 of 74
While I was looking up those ratings, I noticed Studio 60 was the 6th most TiVoed show last week, which means that people want to watch it, but can't when something else they'd like to see is on (Monday Night Football is still out there too). It didn't break down demos, I'd bet Veronica Mars is up there in the age group.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jarllax
Carob Nut

Member 968

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:06 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 08:06 AM #27 of 74
Originally Posted by Aardark
Haha, great gif Aardark. That episode was, imo, the best yet this season and I feel that for the most part they are just getitng better and better as the season goes along.

As with many of you, this is my favorite show that is currently on tv right now and would really like to see it go beyond season 3. And because I haven't really heard anything concrete yet as to whether or not the show is slated for a full season, can anyone answer this? Is it scheduled for a complete season yet? Or is it still just 13 episodes or whatever with a possibility of 22?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 09:19 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 07:19 AM #28 of 74
It's scheduled for 20. I'm not sure why they'd leave off the last two...I mean, what better would the CW have to show?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ArchesFan
And for my next trick....he'll confess.

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 09:36 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 09:36 PM #29 of 74
Well the CW is sure they have better programming...I mean who wouldn't want to watch One Tree Hill, America's Next Top Model, Smallville (I'll argue this one a bit, I've liked it on and off, but I'm kind of liking this season.), and the highly overdrawn 7th Heaven. *sarcasm* Just a side topic....why in the world would the CW resurrect 7th Heaven because the odds of it going for another season past this one is low. Veronica Mars is their smartest show, Gilmore Girls used to have some smart, quick humor, but it really feels just like recent pop reference humor.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
You will be missed for a long time.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 03:34 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 01:34 AM #30 of 74
Originally Posted by ArchesFan
Well the CW is sure they have better programming...I mean who wouldn't want to watch One Tree Hill, America's Next Top Model, Smallville (I'll argue this one a bit, I've liked it on and off, but I'm kind of liking this season.), and the highly overdrawn 7th Heaven. *sarcasm* Just a side topic....why in the world would the CW resurrect 7th Heaven because the odds of it going for another season past this one is low. Veronica Mars is their smartest show, Gilmore Girls used to have some smart, quick humor, but it really feels just like recent pop reference humor.
Gilmore girls I never got into, and have not even considered 1 Tree Hill (Although to be fair, I did watch 1 episode of both, at least to see the content therin).

Smallville I DO like and watch when I remember to.

By the way, what episode are they up to now? I want to start getting the latest episodes to watch later.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 05:23 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 05:23 PM #31 of 74
Ummm, the last one was called Static....I think S06E06?

Edit: I take that back, I looked it up and it was episode 8, not 6. Btw, I love the fact that the Martian Manhunter is going to come into the picture soon. And am I the only person who thinks that you shouldn't have someone play Jimmy Olsen...if they played a freak of the week back in season 1....

How ya doing, buddy?
Goodbye Veronica Mars...

Last edited by ArchesFan; Dec 6, 2006 at 05:26 PM.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 04:49 PM #32 of 74
Hey folks... anyone know when the next new episode of VM is gonna show? (January?)

I haven't watched TV in forever, so I was sad when they started episode 1 of S3 last night hehe.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 08:59 PM #33 of 74
Originally Posted by ArchesFan
I take that back, I looked it up and it was episode 8, not 6. Btw, I love the fact that the Martian Manhunter is going to come into the picture soon. And am I the only person who thinks that you shouldn't have someone play Jimmy Olsen...if they played a freak of the week back in season 1....
That was Shawn Ashmore, the person who plays Jimmy is his twin, Aaron Ashmore.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:03 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 10:03 PM #34 of 74
I really didn't know he had a twin.... I've seen them in so many things and never paid attention to the names. Still though, isn't it the least bit strange to have Jimmy Olsen played by the twin of a freak of the week.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:20 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 08:20 PM #35 of 74
Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
Hey folks... anyone know when the next new episode of VM is gonna show? (January?)
Yeah, TV.com lists the next episode as January 23, where it, and everyone else, will be slaughtered by American Idol and House for the rest of the season.

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 10:56 PM #36 of 74
Yeah, it's not a great time for VM to return if people want to give it a fighting chance for another season. I have to say that now that someone points out American Idol....VM is probably done for. Maybe not though, hopefully not.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:45 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 10:45 PM #37 of 74
Well, after the first few weeks, American Idol's hour will be against Gilmore Girls and House against Veronica Mars. But a rerun of House from season #1 (my favorite House episode, coincidentally) was the #1 show last night and #5 last week. I wouldn't be surprised if House wasn't the #2 show the entire run of American Idol -- it will certainly be Top 5.

JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 03:15 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 01:15 AM #38 of 74
As much as the American Idol stuff sucks, I hope it doesn't change nights (Unless it goes to Thursday), since Monday conflicts with 24 and Wednesday conflicts with Lost.

I'm not saying those go for the same demos as VM, but those are the other two shows I currently follow on TV (Except for Dexter, but I can't watch that on broadcast anyway.)

Most amazing jew boots
Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 06:07 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 05:07 PM #39 of 74
So apparently, the ratings for the last episode were good enough for the CW to begin considering Veronica Mars' post-season 3 plan...
Originally Posted by Rob Thomas
Our fear is that the big mysteries are keeping casual TV viewers away, and it's very difficult to engage Veronica in a multi-episode mystery without making it extremely personal. Season 1 was built around the mystery. Veronica's best friend was dead. Every series regular was intertwined with the mystery. Without replacing the cast with each mystery and/or killing Wallace, I'm not sure we can devise enough personal connection to a case to keep the momentum we had in Season 1.

So what would everyone think about the elimiation of the mystery arcs? I wouldn't really mind the loss, to be honest. I've been becoming less and less engaged with the "big mystery" ever since we discovered who killed Lily Kane. And I'd really hate for the show to force Veronica into every big mystery through personal or related tragedy.

The character arcs, however, continue to intrigue me, and those aren't in danger of going anywhere... so I think I'd be alright with a restructuring like the one RT alluded to.

FELIPE NO
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:30 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 10:30 PM #40 of 74
I agree, it's not a huge loss to stop doing the big mysteries and focus on individual episode mysteries. I didn't mind it either, it didn't take away THAT much from the show. They would still have the episode mysteries, but on the side, Veronica would find out something about the big case. But I think in Season 2 and even further in season 3, they were just juggling too much info. There would be a big case, the episode case, and in season 2 they really added the drama with Logan and Duncan.

Hopefully with this though, they make Veronica a little less of a bitch. She's just not like she was in the seasons before.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:30 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 10:30 PM #41 of 74
The odd thing is...if that is the direction Rob Thomas wanted to go with the show, why did he set up another big case with this fall finale? Everything about Dean O'Dell was set up as a huge mystery and if they go and solve it within an episode or two, that will be quite a let down.

Season 1 had a perfect balance of single-episode stories and the whole ongoing mess. I'd like to see them go back to that type of storytelling.

Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 04:07 AM Local time: Dec 8, 2006, 03:07 AM #42 of 74
Yeah, no kidding. I love season 1 because it traverses the Lily Kane mystery in addition to the weeklys without missing a beat.

And as for the Dean O'Dell mystery... I sure as hell hope they ride it for at least a few weeks. I still haven't washed out the aftertaste of that "briefcase mystery". They seemed to scrap that story together and dismantle it just as quickly just so they could end S2 with a cliffhanger. Not to my liking.

Most amazing jew boots
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:44 AM Local time: Dec 8, 2006, 10:44 AM #43 of 74
Well RT had the season mapped out how it would go in terms of the big mysteries. But when the CW ordered a limited pickup, he had to cut big mysteries, and now with the announcement that there aren't going to be big mysteries anymore, he's even more limited to what he can do in terms of solving the Dean O'Dell case. Perhaps Veronica will just back off while her dad investigates...she is a busy girl in college after all, she should start acting like it every once in awhile.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 01:21 AM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 11:21 PM #44 of 74
*super bump for one of the best but underrated shows on tv*

well i've finally caught up to the series. and it's finally back on continue which is a good thing for me. i guess not having one main mystery for the whole season is okay, but yeah it's been great (especially like that new opening theme).

so yeah, about that dean case. who do you think did it? i'm pretty sure it's gotta be someone we know. i don't think they'd introduce another main character, though they did introduce that other rapist a bit late into that last arc...

Spoiler:
i don't really know what the motive would be quite yet, but i'm just gonna guess tim.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:30 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 07:30 PM #45 of 74
Yay, VM discussion!

Spoiler:
The dean case is kind of hard to guess at. I don't know about Tim, but it would be smart of him to do it, because Tim did throw Veronica on the track to catch Professor Landry having an affair with the Dean's wife. So in terms of suspects he's the least suspicious. I think it has to be narrowed down to three people who had access to Veronica's paper on "the perfect murder". I think it's either the Professor, the Dean's wife, or Tim. The Professor and Tim obviously had open access to the paper. And when Dean O'Dell caught his wife and Landry together, she could have easily hatched a plan with Landry and gotten hold of the paper. I really don't think it could have been anyone else since we've gotten the clue that the murder was exactly like Veronica's paper. The feminists can probably be scratched off the list, Weevil was the one that found him and he's not really that smart to think to get the perfect murder paper. Who knows, they are bound to surprise us and make the murderer his secretary or something.

Btw, I loved last weeks episode. It had a fun case and I LOVED the stuff with Mac and the animal rights guy. Plus some of the humor is back with all the interaction between Veronica, Parker, and Mac. The only thing I hate about Veronica is how she keeps going back to Logan. I really don't like her with Piz either for that matter, but she did break Piz's heart when he offered to buy breakfast and all of the sudden she's back with Logan. At least, she realized that Piz was hurt by the fact that she was back with Logan.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 05:45 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 04:45 AM #46 of 74
I do declare, is that a two-parter mystery of the week?

To be honest, Veronica Mars has been on a downward slope for me this season, but this episode makes it all better.

Lots of developments, both character and plot-wise. The departure of mopey Logan! The (brief) return of Wallace! Plus... elevator scenes! Veronica Mars does the best 30 seconds of forced interaction of any show I've watched.

I had to nitpick the fact that you cannot do online Mario Kart on GameCube, but props to the screenwriters for getting the rest of the game-related material correct. I hate when I'm watching a movie or tv show and I notice a character "playing" a game that emits random beeps and boops from Atari's day and age.

Spoiler:
Any theories on who killed coach?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 04:16 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 02:16 PM #47 of 74
I had to nitpick the fact that you cannot do online Mario Kart on GameCube, but props to the screenwriters for getting the rest of the game-related material correct. I hate when I'm watching a movie or tv show and I notice a character "playing" a game that emits random beeps and boops from Atari's day and age.
Actually, you can.

FELIPE NO
Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 06:46 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 05:46 PM #48 of 74
My girlfriend just broke up with me... time for online Mario Kart!

Happy Valentine's Day to those of you in this exact situation.

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:11 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 11:11 PM #49 of 74
That would be kind of depressing if you watched this show and your girlfriend broke up with you, considering this season is all about Veronica and Logan breaking up and getting back together every other episode. Anyway, this weeks episode wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either. It just doesn't have the same edge it used to. That doesn't mean there havn't been good episodes this season though. Obviously the Hearst-rape case solved episode was fantastic and the hooker with a heart episode was just great, but most of them have been real clunkers.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 01:02 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 11:02 PM #50 of 74
I haven't been too caught on with the episodes after the rape mystery. They haven't been as intriguing lately. But there are only a few more episodes left, so it should begin picking up again after this case in next episode hopefully.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Veronica Mars season 3: The best show that you might not be watching yet