Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Max Payne 3: Molotov Cocktail nevar forget

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2009, 12:35 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2009, 12:35 AM #1 of 8
Max Payne 3: Molotov Cocktail nevar forget

We knew it had to be coming some time, and it looks like that time is at the end of the year. (Probably following up on the recent spark from the movie release)

MTV Multiplayer ‘Max Payne 3′ Coming Winter 2009 From ‘Bully’ Developers

It's in competent hands, but I have to wonder if it will lose some of its noir flavor to go more action-oriented. At least it won't be too long before we find out! (yes I am looking at you, Alan Wake)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:04 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2009, 10:04 AM 1 #2 of 8
How could it go MORE action-oriented? The issue would be there being less proper action as both games were seminal shooters with entertaining, stylish and endlessly cool action. Exactly what was missing from the movie.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:14 AM #3 of 8
As much as I loved the ridiculously frangible environments in Stranglehold, it just didn't nail the shooting mechanics as well as Max Payne. So basically I'm hoping for a rerun of the second game with more debris and physics.

Unfortunately, I feel like general audiences are increasingly unwilling to embrace the hammy noir of the first two games (other than liking it in an "ironic" way), so who knows where they'll go with the tone. I'd be pleased if the next installment is just more of the same.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:18 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2009, 02:18 AM #4 of 8
How could it go MORE action-oriented? The issue would be there being less proper action as both games were seminal shooters with entertaining, stylish and endlessly cool action. Exactly what was missing from the movie.
It was an action game, broken up by good storytelling. It wasn't action for the sake of action, which is the direction I fear another dev group might take it.

People don't describe Psychonauts as a "seminal platformer," so...

(I mean, as long as we're talking about what was missing from the movie, let's just get it all out here)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Skexis; Mar 24, 2009 at 02:20 AM.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:24 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2009, 12:24 AM 1 #5 of 8
Bully was the fucking shit. Too bad they aren't releasing a Bully 2 instead.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2009, 04:08 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2009, 04:08 AM #6 of 8
Is it just me or do we not usually see the announcement of a game 6 months prior to release. Have they said how long they have really been developing the engine, etcetera? I know they have been thinking of making it forever, and probably doing concept art, but I can't help feel a little worried. Love the first two and I don't want to see some Madden development time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Mar 24, 2009, 05:46 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2009, 11:46 AM #7 of 8
I hope this one keeps the same fun, crazy action of the first two. It would be nice to see some sort of new mechanic thrown into the mix somehow...though I don't know what it would be. Melee/close quarters maybe? Just throwing it out there.

FELIPE NO
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:54 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2009, 07:54 AM #8 of 8
I know you should never judge a book by its cover, but the fact that Max Payne in that picture on the site looks more like Sam Fisher/Every character that shaves his head for 'redemption' worries me somewhat. Seeing now that he's just another 'gruff, bald headed tough guy' takes away from the charm that was just the whole 'average looking, average build pissed off guy.'

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Max Payne 3: Molotov Cocktail nevar forget