Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 08:16 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 07:16 PM #676 of 1323
Some people seem keen on putting words in my mouth.
I hope Wario won't get too outlandish in move style, like making him the new Boogerman or something.
As for moves, I have faith in the balance of the game, as they spent so much time making each character well-balanced and not too powerful in the last two. Everyone, even Pichu if you're really good, has the potential to kick your butt.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
PuPu
Anyone for a pupu platter?

Member 379

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:16 PM #677 of 1323
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, I'm just wondering is Sheik will return, or will Zelda turn into some other alias character...

I was speaking idiomatically.

Don't touch my pom pom!
Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 05:21 AM #678 of 1323
Originally Posted by PuPu
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, I'm just wondering is Sheik will return, or will Zelda turn into some other alias character...
Considering that "Twilight Princess" is a Wii launch title and there's quite a time-frame till the release of "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" I think Sheik is pretty much out of the picture and the new TP-version of Zelda will be used - either the cloaked figure or the one with the long sword.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:56 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 11:56 PM #679 of 1323
I would really hate if that happened. Sheik is one of my favorite characters to play as.

FELIPE NO
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:01 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 11:01 PM #680 of 1323
I don't think that they'll get rid of such a popular character. MANY people use Sheik exclusively. There are plenty of other characters they can drop/remake.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:15 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 10:15 PM #681 of 1323
Like Jigglypuff. I know she(he?) has been in since the beginning, bit it has NOTHING to offer the game experience... Other than the Purin chant

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 10:36 PM #682 of 1323
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
I don't think that they'll get rid of such a popular character. MANY people use Sheik exclusively. There are plenty of other characters they can drop/remake.
One such character being the original Zelda, whose attacks were rip-offs of Link's magic attacks from OoT.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked Zelda into the TP version, made Sheik and her seperate, and gave them different movesets.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:44 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 10:44 PM #683 of 1323
Originally Posted by J-Man
Like Jigglypuff. I know she(he?) has been in since the beginning, bit it has NOTHING to offer the game experience... Other than the Purin chant

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!
her down+b is quite lethal under the more skilled player's hands, as well her her charge, roll thing.

Don't underestimate any charactor just cause YOU can't use them.

Most amazing jew boots
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:40 AM #684 of 1323
Quote:
Sakurai reveals new Smash Bros. Details

The producer of Super Smash Bros. Brawl spoke to a Tokyo gaming radio show recently and revealed three new characters for the series. Bowser Jr, Ridley (from the Metroid Prime series) and Cell-shaded Link. Unfortunately Ice Climbers, G&W and original child Link won’t be in the game.
Forgot where I got this.... but something to digest I guess.

Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 03:03 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 12:03 AM #685 of 1323

This is the party that's going on in my head right now, Stormtrooper and all.

Finally, Ridley's going to be in a Smash Bros. game. I don't care if he's only a boss character, I'm just glad he's there. Awesome news that Ice Climbers and Young Link are axed. Unfortunately my ass. Game and Watch was cool though, if only as a novelty character, since I was never very good with him. He will be missed.

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 03:19 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 02:19 AM #686 of 1323
I won't believe it until I hear it from a trustworthy source, but if it's true all I can say is... interesting. I can only wonder how Ridley will work, and if Cell-shaded Link will just be a Young Link replacement. (Now with 10% less clone!) Bowser Jr.... Ugh, not a big fan of the kid, but the idea of a smaller, faster Bowser does sound interesting.

I too won't be missing Ice Climbers or Young Link, but poor Game and Watch, we hardly knew ye. Sure, I've never known anyone who was particularly good with him, but he was great fun. On the other hand, I certainly won't be missing his Flat Zone level (thank God for the option to disable maps in random selection).

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:41 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 02:41 PM #687 of 1323
Well, this kinda sucks.

It's not like I was an Ice Climbers fanatic, but removing characters is still a pretty unpleasant thing, since that always brings to question who else they should have removed.

I personally don't see why characters like Dr. Mario get to stay when fairly different character(s) like Ice Climbers and Mr Game & Watch are out =/

Not to mention Bowser Jr. as a "addition" is an awful idea.

FELIPE NO

Kaphwan 86
Punt-a-bitch

Member 365

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 08:19 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 03:19 PM #688 of 1323
This is the extended version of that article(couple of days old):

==========

"Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed the following names to appear in Nintendo's upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl via interview with Tokyo's popular "The Gaming Exchange" radio show:

New Faces:

KOOPA KID (BOWSER JR),
RIDLEY,
WIND WAKER LINK

Removed Faces:

ICE CLIMBERS,
MR. GAME & WATCH,
YOUNG LINK

Sakurai also confirmed that the existing "clones" from SSBM will be reworked as entirely seperate characters (Contradicting what we said earlier). One should also note that Young Link isn't being replaced entirely, rather simply replaced with the cel-shaded Link from Wind Waker. His name on the selection screen will still read "Young Link". Sakurai stated Game & Watch and the Ice Climbers will be removed due to the lack of general fan interest and that he decided to include Kid Icarus' Pit as a replacement to the Ice Climbers for those old school fans of the NES. He mentioned Pit will likely be the only classic character included. Sakurai did not mention wether Ridley would be in his original form or his new "Meta-Ridley" form from Metroid Prime. Also of importance is the fact that, according to Sakurai, the roster will be "between 30 and 40", leaving room for about 15 newcomers or so. In addition, there will be only be "one or two more" 3rd party characters."

==========

Hybrid Hunter
Wark!

Member 937

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:49 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 01:49 AM #689 of 1323
One or two more 3rd party characters!

One of them had better be Sonic!

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:10 AM #690 of 1323
Eh, I won't miss Ice Climbers or G&W too much. Ridley being in the game is fantastic news. I can't help but wonder what sort of stuff he'll be doing. Bowser Jr. is interesting... Somehow I don't think he'll simply be a faster bowser clone. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:17 AM #691 of 1323
What the hell is wrong with Ice Climbers. You guys suck if you won't miss them

As for the news, I call BS. It's just a rumor. Any other site that mentions it is just reporting the rumor.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:32 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 07:32 AM #692 of 1323
Pretty much just rumor based off what fans want, I'd say.

As far as I know, this is the latest official word:

Originally Posted by Masahiro Sakurai
This is Masahiro Sakurai, the game designer on Smash Bros. Hi.

Thank you all very much for your responses! It looks like people are split pretty evenly over which of the four new characters is their favorite. That's good.

I was well aware that Pit was a popular character in both America and Japan. I tried as best I could to design this version of him in a way that reflected current tastes, so I'm happy to see him so well received.

The creator of Kid Icarus has even jokingly asked if he could make a spin-off using this Pit model.

As for Meta Knight, when I left my previous company I never thought I'd be laying a hand on this character again, let alone on Smash Bros.

Kirby is a character I designed when I was 19 years old, but I created Meta Knight when I was 22. I knew the character was popular in Japan, but last time around I held off and didn't include him in the game. I wanted to put other people's titles ahead of my own.

I put Zero Suit Samus in thinking I wanted to include more characters from the popular Metroid series. Also, since Smash Bros. has few female characters, I was quite happy to include her.

I bet you were all surprised by the appearance of Snake!

Finally we've gotten over the wall that separates different game makers, but of course this was due to the cooperation of many different people. Now, Smash Snake is fighting furiously and sneaking before my very eyes.

Wario seems to be the only character who isn't very popular. Is it bad I included him? No, I don't think that's the case. You can all look forward to his unprecedented "contributions."

Thank you all very much for voting. I'm sure there are a lot of different expectations out there, but I'll work to create something that everyone will enjoy.
-- http://wii.ign.com/articles/710/710752p1.html 5/31/06

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:13 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 01:13 PM #693 of 1323
i am SOOOOOOO happy to see Ridley here. i'm very curious as to what his move set will be considering he's so differently designed from other characters. Theres a lot of opportunities for a character like him, plus its nice to see metroid get some more love.

While I hate to see the Ice Climbers go, I am glad that Sakurai chose to replace them with another classic character in the form of Pit. Considering the popular reaction when it was originally announced, and the nostalgia factor for Kid Icarus among Japanese and American fans I think that it was a very good move. Better to replace one classic character (counting the Climbers as one) with another rather than replacing them with a modern day character I say. I would LOVE to seea modern day revival of Pit should this go over well.

i've been saying for a while now that the N64 Young Link would be replaced by the Wind Waker Young Link. That transition just seems like a no-brainer to me considering Old Link will be the TP version.

With Metaknight already here and several Nintendo slots still left open I'm figuring that King Dedede may actually make the final roster after all which would be hella sweet. A heavier version of Kirby with a giant mallet but with a more handicapped float due to his weight would rock.

While I am not hot on Bowser Jr, a lightweight version of Bowser does sound intriguing. I just wish that the original Koopa Kids would get more love.

I wont really miss Mr. Game and Watch much but I'm sure that considering we'll get a couple of 3rd party characters as a substitute is a good alternative.

Lastly - concerning the third party charcters: Am I the only one who thinks Rockman/Megaman is practically a shoe-in for this? His character is perfect for a game like this. A) The megaman series already has a huge back catalogue on Nintendo B) The whole 'weapon adaptation/color change" system for his Mega Buster is just like Kirby sucking up a character and getting thier power C) Capcom has practically been in bed with Nintendo for several years now even developing several of the handheld Zelda's. D) Sakurai has already mentioned him on the consideration list. I just can't forsee one of those empty slots *not* going to him.

shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 03:37 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 02:37 PM #694 of 1323
Originally Posted by Dubble
i am SOOOOOOO happy to see Ridley here. i'm very curious as to what his move set will be considering he's so differently designed from other characters. Theres a lot of opportunities for a character like him, plus its nice to see metroid get some more love.

While I hate to see the Ice Climbers go, I am glad that Sakurai chose to replace them with another classic character in the form of Pit. Considering the popular reaction when it was originally announced, and the nostalgia factor for Kid Icarus among Japanese and American fans I think that it was a very good move. Better to replace one classic character (counting the Climbers as one) with another rather than replacing them with a modern day character I say. I would LOVE to seea modern day revival of Pit should this go over well.

i've been saying for a while now that the N64 Young Link would be replaced by the Wind Waker Young Link. That transition just seems like a no-brainer to me considering Old Link will be the TP version.

With Metaknight already here and several Nintendo slots still left open I'm figuring that King Dedede may actually make the final roster after all which would be hella sweet. A heavier version of Kirby with a giant mallet but with a more handicapped float due to his weight would rock.

While I am not hot on Bowser Jr, a lightweight version of Bowser does sound intriguing. I just wish that the original Koopa Kids would get more love.

I wont really miss Mr. Game and Watch much but I'm sure that considering we'll get a couple of 3rd party characters as a substitute is a good alternative.

Lastly - concerning the third party charcters: Am I the only one who thinks Rockman/Megaman is practically a shoe-in for this? His character is perfect for a game like this. A) The megaman series already has a huge back catalogue on Nintendo B) The whole 'weapon adaptation/color change" system for his Mega Buster is just like Kirby sucking up a character and getting thier power C) Capcom has practically been in bed with Nintendo for several years now even developing several of the handheld Zelda's. D) Sakurai has already mentioned him on the consideration list. I just can't forsee one of those empty slots *not* going to him.

Glad to see Young Link's conversion, sad to see Ice Climbers go, but I can understand it. I liked to use them sometimes to surprise some people and then beat their ass. Ridley will also rock, despite people saying he's too big.
Still, I thought Pichu would have been one of the first to be axed, leading me to be skeptical about the report.
As for Bowser Jr., he's just not my favorite and I think there are better options. Plus, I hadn't seen him on any other lists that are being treanslated, so it's a bit of a surprise.
I'm also sad to see G&W go, if it's all true. Didn't use him much, but he was fun.

I totally agree with Dubble on Deedeedee. I've wanted him in since the beginning, as his moves in the game make perfect sense, and he has enough different ones to be separate from Kirby, yet still "like" him.
Also, Mega Man is a crapshoot. Capcom chose to go with PSP for their recent remakes of Mega Man 1 and MMX. In fact, good Mega Man games have been pretty sparse. MMX7 and 8 were on PS2, not Gamecube. Even though the back history is there, Capcom seems to be favoring Sony. And his Kirby-esque ability stealer would be hard to translate into the game as such. He only gains abilities when he defeates enemies (unless you count the carton where al he had to do is touch them). Still, it would be cool to see fireballs, boomerangs, lightning, eggs, etc. come out of his Mega Buster.

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 03:44 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 12:44 PM #695 of 1323
damn, the Ice Climbers were one of my favorite characters seconded only to Ness... This better not be the truth

I'm happy about the young link change and don't mind the G+W sacking, I hate baby bowser but I can see him being a good character

How ya doing, buddy?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 03:45 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 01:45 PM #696 of 1323
I hope to hell that if Megaman does make an appearance in SSBB, they better not put in the .EXE version of Megaman.

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:13 PM #697 of 1323
Wow.....talk about thread explosion. This is news indeed. Not that I use them, but I'm somewhat dissappointed they chose to axe some characters. It's understandable, but I still rather them keep them in. So.....a roster of 30-40? Wow....and 15 new faces....with 1 or 2 more from third parties.....this is going to rock.

BTW, Jigglypuff is never going to leave, at least I don't think. I hear that Jigglypuff is obscenely popular in Japan.

I think Megaman is porbably a shoe-in by now, simply because his moveset is already figured.

A note on the team attacks, (I know, it was a while ago) on second thought, it might work if you limit them to teams which use characters from the same game. Like a Kirby/Metaknight team special, or the classic Mario/Luigi combo. This, I can understand.

Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:21 PM #698 of 1323
Rockman/Megaman could be an original samus clone Or close that is.

Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:50 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 02:50 PM #699 of 1323
I don't like the idea of team-attacks, especially if it's character specific team-attacks. Not everyone's going to be pairing up Kirby and Meta-Knight on the same team or Mario and Luigi, etc. I could kinda see it the Single Player campaign, but multiplayer? How exactly would it work? Would both players press a button combo at the same time? Seems too complicated if you ask me.

I don't see why Bowser Jr. is in it. I can only see him as a faster, weaker version of Bowser. If he's in their why don't we just add in Donkey Kong Jr. into the mix while we're at it.

Just a quick question, is Bowser Jr. the main bad guy from the Yoshi's Island game?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 04:14 PM #700 of 1323
Bowser Jr. is the main bad guy in Yoshi's Island, yes. But that game takes place in the past, so that was actually the original Bowser.

Seriously why the god is that dumb little bastard in this? I think he's just as bad a character as Petey Pirahna. It's a shame that Game and Watch had to leave. I thought he was interesting.

If Megaman is a "shoe-in", then so is Sonic and possibly other Sega characters. So, how many people are excited like me and eagerly awaiting the appearance of Sketch Turner?!

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 7, 2006 at 05:24 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl