Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:58 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 01:58 AM #651 of 1323
If Sega characters are going to be included in this... to tell the truth, I'd kinda like to see Vectorman. It might be too obscure but I always saw him as such a badass, and his games were even included in Sonic Gems Collection. A guy who solves all his problems by rapidly firing bolts from his hands and bumping it to techno afterwards is pretty cool. How it would work is, the bolts are like Fox's blaster in that they can be fired rapidly but do negligible damage. His other B moves would be stuff he normally gets from powerups, like up+B would make him release his Vectorcopter, and down+B would turn him into a drill. He can boost jump too, hell, even in his games stuff got damaged when you boost jumped into it... His super attack could be, like, that overkill beam powerup that unleashes an insanely powerful blast in all directions.

Also, how about a Jet Grind Radio/JSRF character? It doesn't matter which one because I think they all would have the exact same move set. Up+B would make them shoot themselves upwards with spray cans, and I think they'd flip upside down and deliver a spinning upwards kick while doing so. Down+B or Forward+B would make them boost forward, like the Falcon Kick. I'm not sure how they'd use their spray cans but they'd definitely be used somehow.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 1, 2006 at 03:16 AM.
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:55 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 03:55 AM #652 of 1323
Originally Posted by RushJet1
i've always hated the fact that UP on the control stick makes you jump - i've wasted many a double jump doing that ...
I REALLY hope they drop that too. I was a much more efficient character in the N64 version when it was harder to use up to jump, and it was less sensitive.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 05:26 AM #653 of 1323
Ganondorf has a sword now? It's about damn time. I hated the fact that characters were clones of others with different stats. Hopefully, this proves true for ALL the clones.....

I was speaking idiomatically.
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 05:27 AM #654 of 1323
Originally Posted by Omnislash124
Ganondorf has a sword now? It's about damn time. I hated the fact that characters were clones of others with different stats. Hopefully, this proves true for ALL the clones.....
that third picture was from the spaceworld 2000 demo, not from brawl.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 08:58 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 05:58 AM #655 of 1323
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ
You know the level in the background looks quite similar the one featured in the Nintendo Space World 2000 demo. :eyebrow:
I was thinking the same thing. Combined with the outside shots we see of the castle, which have the exact same banner that is featured on those inside shots... I'm thinking it may very well be Twilight Princess' Hyrule Castle. Maybe

FELIPE NO
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:56 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 01:56 PM #656 of 1323
Talking

The image of Pit we saw on the previous page had some steps in the background and as we clearly see below, there is also a set of stairs behind Ganondorf.

Hopefully this'll mean that the missions in Brawl for each character, are thought out quite well. Heck we might have our own game within a game here.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:23 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 12:23 PM #657 of 1323
Oh man, as much as I'd like to see Vectorman in this game, it ain't going to happen. He never originally appeared on any Nintendo console (aside from being in that Sonic Gems collection or whatever the hell it's called). Also, as far as seeing any of the characters from JGR/JSRF, don't hold your breathe. Again, they didn't originally appear on any Nintendo consoles (I am aware of that crappy GBA port of Jet Grind Radio).

Nothing against your ideas, really. Hell, Vectorman was one of the games that I played the most when I had my Genesis. The music kicked ass in that game. Same goes for some of the music in JSRF.

The only way I'd see any third-party characters appear in SSBB is if they made their first appearance on a Nintendo console. Or if the developer of that third-party game asks the developers of SSBB to add their character in their game, which was what Kojima did IIRC.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:18 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 10:18 PM #658 of 1323
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
Oh man, as much as I'd like to see Vectorman in this game, it ain't going to happen. He never originally appeared on any Nintendo console (aside from being in that Sonic Gems collection or whatever the hell it's called). Also, as far as seeing any of the characters from JGR/JSRF, don't hold your breathe. Again, they didn't originally appear on any Nintendo consoles (I am aware of that crappy GBA port of Jet Grind Radio).

The only way I'd see any third-party characters appear in SSBB is if they made their first appearance on a Nintendo console. Or if the developer of that third-party game asks the developers of SSBB to add their character in their game, which was what Kojima did IIRC.
But... Both of Vectorman's games were in that collection, and it was on Gamecube; and crappy though it may be, JGR did get on the GBA, so, they DID appear on Nintendo consoles, and as stated by Sakurai himself, they'd be likely candidates because of it. They don't have to "make their first appearance" on a Nintendo console, that's total bullshit. Snake didn't make his first appearance on one. No one wrote the rule that they have to make their very first appearance on a Nintendo console. That's just something you made up.

It's pretty moot right now anyways, because the only non-nintendo character we know is in the game is Snake. However, this is symbolic of them opening the doors to all kinds of possible contributions from other companies; if they let in ONE non-nintendo character, surely other non-nintendo characters will follow, right? Doubtlessly tons of people are going to recommend Sonic to them, and I doubt very much they'd put a feature on their site where the public can suggest characters if they weren't going to listen to them.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 1, 2006 at 11:20 PM.
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:24 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 09:24 PM #659 of 1323
I like the idea of Vectorman as well. The moves list could be almost infinite, what with the no limb construction.

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:29 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 09:29 PM #660 of 1323
It wasn't something I made up. i could have sworn someone here said that the developers asking for third party characters want characters who have appeared on Nintendo consoles. Besides, I never said that was an official rule. Where'd you get that idea from? People are saying Dante or Jak and Daxter or Ratchet would have basically a snowball's chance in hell in making an appearance in SSBB.

But like you said:

Quote:
It's pretty moot right now anyways, because the only non-nintendo character we know is in the game is Snake. However, this is symbolic of them opening the doors to all kinds of possible contributions from other companies; if they let in ONE non-nintendo character, surely other non-nintendo characters will follow, right?
We'll have to wait and see what kinds of suprises are in store for us, eh?

BTW, I am already aware of the fact that Solid Snake made his first appearance on the MSX and not the NES/Famicom, so no need to point that out.

How ya doing, buddy?
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:30 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 09:30 PM #661 of 1323
This pleases me:

Quote:
The flatulence you saw in the movie is a fantastic move we're tentatively calling the Wario Waft. The more time passes, the more Wario's gas builds up...

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:09 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 11:09 PM #662 of 1323
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
It wasn't something I made up. i could have sworn someone here said that the developers asking for third party characters want characters who have appeared on Nintendo consoles.
Yeah, but you said they don't have a chance unless their FIRST appearance was on a Nintendo console.

Originally Posted by J-Man
"Wario Waft"
What a delightfully inoffensive name! I think his Super Head Rush (In Warioland 4 you hold down L or R and run in either direction) would've made a better super attack, though. I was hoping he was more of a physical, brutish character than just a bizarre gag one.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jun 2, 2006 at 12:14 AM.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:30 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 04:30 PM #663 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
I was hoping he was more of a physical, brutish character than just a bizarre gag one.
Well apparently this Wario will be the Wario from the WarioWare series, so his moveset may be off-the-wall and kooky. Of course, there may be a chance for brute in his "A" button attacks.

FELIPE NO
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 05:44 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 04:44 AM #664 of 1323
Originally Posted by chaofan
Well apparently this Wario will be the Wario from the WarioWare series, so his moveset may be off-the-wall and kooky. Of course, there may be a chance for brute in his "A" button attacks.
We can only hope. I was personally hoping for a more traditional approach for Wario, adding in his Gator hat from Warioland, his charge, his piledrivers from Wario World, etc. However, I'm just glad he's in the game!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 11:35 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 10:35 AM #665 of 1323
How I envisioned Wario's moveset:

B: Shoulder charge
Up+B: Jet hat Wario
Forward+B: Super head rush
Down+B: Butt stomp (if he falls far enough it becomes the super butt stomp)

Also, if he jumped against a ceiling and you held the jump button down, his hat would become the bull hat and he'd stick to the ceiling. His throws are from his games, of course. I think he'd be able to carry someone in one hand like Donkey Kong does, and you hold down B to charge up the throw, like in Wariolands 3 and 4. Another one is the piledriver, and of course, his advanced version of Mario's spinning throw in which he's also able to move around and decide where to throw his opponent.

Now that I think about, there's no real room for something ridiculous like him flicking boogers at people. He already has tons of regular fighting moves he can use.

shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 12:56 PM #666 of 1323
Still, with all of the minigames that Wario stars in in the Wario ware series, I'm kind of curious what will come out of it. As long as it's not too over the top, I'll be fine.

Last edited by shadowlink56; Jun 4, 2006 at 01:59 PM.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:54 AM #667 of 1323
I think a really cool concept to introduce would be special team attacks, something akin to like those in Power Stone 2. For example, Kirby could eat Bowser and drop as some huge (perhaps also spiky) boulder on enemies below. Or Donkey Kong could pitch Samus as a Morph Ball, like a baseball at their foes.

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:32 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 02:32 AM #668 of 1323
I think team attacks would ruin the game. I seriously hope they don't do this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:03 AM #669 of 1323
Speaking of Team Specials......exactly how would they work? And with that many characters, I think there are a bit too many possibilities to work with. Especially with the fact that theres 2 on 2 , 1 on 2, or 3 on 1 possibilties. Especially on the last two (2 on 1/3 on 1) that would be overly unbalanced.

shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 01:50 PM #670 of 1323
I's really hate to quote myself, but I already talked about that.

Most amazing jew boots
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 02:16 PM #671 of 1323
As far as team attacks go, they're an interesting concept but unlikley on so many levels. I can easily see this game having a larger character roster than Melee. You wanna think of a move for every conceivable combination of characters?

If that actually happens, and they manage to come up with enough combos, then i'm all for it, as long as it's an optional feature, like they have an option in the menue that allows you to turn them on or off.

FELIPE NO
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 03:36 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 02:36 PM #672 of 1323
It's a stupid idea. No.

Most amazing jew boots
NES Oldskooler
Faust

Member 768

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 04:00 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 10:00 AM #673 of 1323
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
As long as it's not too over the top, I'll be fine.
If you can accept a character who is a bacon-throwing black silhouette, I'm sure you'll be fine!

J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:39 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 04:39 PM #674 of 1323
Originally Posted by NES Oldskooler
If you can accept a character who is a bacon-throwing black silhouette, I'm sure you'll be fine!

I think he means that as long as it isn't either insanely powerful and noobish (ie. Spin attack) or way to hard to pull of realistically, then it could work out. As far as outlandishness, I think this edition of SSB will be pretty odd.

*coughwariocough*

Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 07:05 PM #675 of 1323
I was just thinking along the lines of 2 on 2 or 2 on 1. If there was a way to balance it all out and put a sort of limit on how often it could be done (like say, maybe you can do it when some meter's full), I could see it feasible. Yeah, I know, easier said than done, but it still sounds like a cool idea if done in a way that people won't just whore on them. Not that whoring on some move doesn't happen in Melee, though.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl