Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Can’t plug laptop hard drive into external hard drive enclosure

Hush and Cool
Chocobo

Member 1625

Level 14.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2011, 02:18 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2011, 12:18 PM #1 of 2
Can’t plug laptop hard drive into external hard drive enclosure

Here are links to pics of what my laptop hard drive and what the external hard drive enclosure look like:

ImageShack Album - 3 images
ImageShack Album - 8 images

Basically the connector for the enclosure isn’t the right type for the laptop hard drive, so apparently I got the wrong enclosure. The laptop is from a Dell Latitude D610, so it’s a pretty old laptop. Which external hard drive enclosure should I get so I will be able to connect it to my laptop hard drive?

Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Mar 20, 2011, 03:13 PM #2 of 2
That paddle-like connector on the hard drive is a removable adapter commonly used in Dell laptops.
Take it off.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Can’t plug laptop hard drive into external hard drive enclosure