Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Canadian receives $85,000 phone bill

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:13 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 11:13 AM #1 of 6
Canadian receives $85,000 phone bill

Too much downloading for a Mr. Piotr Staniaszek, who went on a spree downloading high-definition movies and other large nonsense, while connecting his mobile phone to his computer.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Shock at $85k mobile phone bill

I don't know if I should laugh at the phone company or laugh at him for stupidity.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:49 PM Local time: Dec 13, 2007, 09:49 PM 1 #2 of 6
Dude should have ponied up that extra ten bucks a month for an unlimited data plan. Perhaps next time he will learn.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:48 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 02:48 PM #3 of 6
Dude should have ponied up that extra ten bucks a month for an unlimited data plan. Perhaps next time he will learn.
Originally Posted by BBC article
Piotr Staniaszek thought he could use his new phone as a modem for his computer under his $10 unlimited mobile browser plan from Bell Mobility.

He downloaded high-definition movies and other large files unaware that this incurred massive extra charges.
Reading skills, dude. Get some.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 09:00 AM #4 of 6
It amazes me how they are all upset at the bill. He signed the contract. He (should have) known the contents. That's his own fault. I think the company did well with bringing the bill waaaay down to 3,400 when they didn't need to. That was a nice gesture. Yes, the bill is high, but whose fault is that? And are they suggesting that the money the company must pay to provide that service should just be eaten by the company?

The company did probably one of the nicest things. They COULD have been jerks and kept the bill as is. However, they were considerate nonetheless. This guy should pay the bill, and learn his lesson.

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 09:00 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 02:00 PM #5 of 6
Nice of them to cut it down to $3K, but he's being a cock if he thinks he can get them down further. It's his fault for not reading the fine print.

I was speaking idiomatically.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:48 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 11:48 AM #6 of 6
Reading skills, dude. Get some.
Oops.

Well, he should have ponied up the extra money for unlimited minutes then, if he was using it like a dial-up service. Otherwise I would have thought unlimited data would have applied in a tethered modem situation.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Canadian receives $85,000 phone bill