Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: What's your Lego Platform of choice?
PS2 6 27.27%
Xbox 2 9.09%
Xbox 360 5 22.73%
Nintendo GC 8 36.36%
PC 5 22.73%
Nintendo DS 2 9.09%
Gameboy Advance 1 4.55%
PSP 3 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

[Multiplatform] Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Multiplatform! >=O)

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:16 AM #1 of 25
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Multiplatform! >=O)

Released on September 12, 2006 (NA), Lego Star Wars II takes all of the AWESOME that was the first game and combines it with the greatness of the original Star Wars films. The end result is a beautifully made masterpiece, with some great attention to individual character detail, this game is everything the first was and more.

For the most part the characters all have their own little idle animations and actions. Luke in the beginning stumbles getting up from a roll, Han always falls flat on his face after using his blaster cable, hats don't quite fit properly on Chewbacca, and The Emperor seemingly never gets tired of that laugh of his.

The cutscenes also bring forth a large dose of hilarity, my favorite being the UH UH UH of Mos Eisley Spaceport. That scene has me rolling for hours. Overall the game is very solid, offering HOURS of gameplay (I'm at about 80% and have almost 20 hours so far) and some pretty awesome co-op, especially on the speeder level.

So who out there has the game and which version did you get? I'm curious as to what peoples favorite scenes are, and what you like (or if you're a heathen, don't like) about the game.

BADASS GREEN SABER LUKE FTW

Most amazing jew boots

#654: Braixen
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:23 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 01:23 AM #2 of 25
It's ALL about the "Look, I'm your father! See? :photo:" scene. Laughed FOREVER, I did.

Also, I picked it up on the 360 because I"m a giant whore. Sure, the graphics are slightly nicer and there are achievements, but that's really the only difference. 10 bucks more though.

So much fun though. Sitting at 66 and some odd percent right now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 03:32 PM #3 of 25
Quote:
UH UH UH of Mos Eisley Spaceport
SPEWED COFFEE ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD NOW. WHY DID YOU REMIND ME

But seriously, this game is really awesome. I've completed Episode IV just now with every gold brick, red (power) brick, and minikits. And that alone nets me a 40% completion. On to Episode V now.

Because of this, I really don't know when I'll start Xenosaga 3

[edit]Oh yeah, bought the PS2 version because I don't have any other console for this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:33 AM #4 of 25
Are there any major differences in gameplay between the versions? I've been thinking of picking it up for the DS for portability, but I can't seem to find any info on whether or not the console versions are any better.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:39 AM #5 of 25
Originally Posted by Tritoch
Are there any major differences in gameplay between the versions? I've been thinking of picking it up for the DS for portability, but I can't seem to find any info on whether or not the console versions are any better.
Wikipedia sez:

Quote:
For the Nintendo DS, and Game Boy Advance versions, the game is altered for portability reasons (ie. graphics, fewer characters, etc.).

The Gameboy Advance version has 25 characters, less than the console versions. The DS version has 50. The DS version allows up to three people to battle wirelessly, where they are in Jabba's Palace, and first one to find Han Solo wins.

Character swapping is performed by touching icons on the touch screen.
Needs less portable and more CONSOLE version.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:45 AM #6 of 25
Wouldn't the DS version win for having wi-fi mode and the same number of characters as the console versions? At least, Wikipedia seems to imply that the console versions have 50 characters. The GBA version just fails miserably.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:53 AM #7 of 25
Originally Posted by Tritoch
Wouldn't the DS version win for having wi-fi mode and the same number of characters as the console versions? At least, Wikipedia seems to imply that the console versions have 50 characters. The GBA version just fails miserably.
Console version has 68, actually (that's not counting the custom two you can have, and I assume the DS version still has that ability). Besides, wifi is NEAT, but if it's just that one battle scenario then fuck that. Now if it was Wifi CO-OP or something I would approve.

That also brings up a question about character portability. I know you can port over characters from the first Lego Star Wars using a save from it on the console versions, but does the DS version let you import characters from the GBA version of LSW I? (Since there is no DS version of the original)

How ya doing, buddy?

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:27 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 07:27 PM #8 of 25
If anyone could e-confirm if the PAL PS2 version has a 60Hz mode, that'd be rad. I know the Xbox one does, but that's $20 more for whatever reason. Dunno if they even released the GC game here. SO TIRED OF 50HZ POO SMEARED ON SCREEN. >=(

Oh and you guys should probably avoid the DS version at all cost and stay on target with.. any.. other version I suppose!

Quote:
Many of the Amaze Entertainment team members let me know that the bugs in the game were known issues and that the company knowingly shipped the game with them still there.

The first production run of the game (the one you have) was pushed out the door early. This was in part to coincide with the release of the Star Wars DVDs Episode IV, V, VI. The good news is that a second production run of the game has been tested and should hit store shelves after the initial stock runs out. However the game is still not bug free, but MUCH cleaner. The Endor Battle level has been tweaked so it is now user friendly. Although if I remember correctly the wireless co-op mode is still crap.
Smells like quality!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:53 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 12:53 PM #9 of 25
I never even thought about whether the GC version has or doesn't have 60Hz =o I've been thinking of buying the GC version since loool PS2 filters, not to mention it's probably the last game the GC will ever see.

ALAS

No fucking sign of the entire game in stores here. Good job, guys. I bet you have expensive research going on why no one buys GC games in Finland. Maybe it's because no stores stock them anymore, since no games get released. Unless it's Pokemon of course. Everyone seems to buy Pokemon here, even people who don't own a Nintendo console.

"I can finally play my Pokemon See-through Carbon on my PS3 because it's region-free! Hooray!"

Behold, how even Play.com doesn't even have a mention of the game. No "coming soon", no nothing. NO SUCH THING. And yet Shin says the GameCube version is at number 8 on game.co.uk's sales chart. What gives

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Sep 19, 2006 at 04:56 AM.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:16 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 08:16 PM #10 of 25
So UK release but nowhere else? Good job with that PAL version! Those silly distributors could have just carefully edited the box elsewhere for those much wanted sales!

"THEY WON'T SUSPECT A THING!"

then there'd be the Aussie release:

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 07:18 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 01:18 PM #11 of 25
I've got the Xbox version and the language selection screen offers you English or Danish only so maybe the rest of Europe got jogged on?

Anyway, I reviewed this in my journal a week or so ago. I fucking love the game, on about 69% so far. My favourite cut-scene is when the Millenium Falcon is approaching the Death Star at the end of RotJ and Lando tries playing with the controls, fucking gold.

My only gripe at all with the game is that when you import the characters from the first game, it doesn't port across Yoda, Darth Vader or the Emperor. The two Sith you can unlock in this anyway but the new version of Yoda doesn't have his floating pod thing anymore so takes fucking hours to get anywhere on his walking stick. That's a very minor gripe though in an otherwise awesome game.

SephirothStrife
Carob Nut

Member 4159

Level 5.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 09:51 AM #12 of 25
360 one is a nice pick just becuase its in H-D and i have an H-D TV. as well and a little spit shine on my legos is a welcome little add on for $10 im willing to put up for.

the other ones are good to. Besides the awful handheld ports im sure. I really hate multi platform titles. I think Kojjima said it best "multi platform Development is just a waste of time. The time is better spent on one platform so that you can truly unlock the system power"

....or somthing like that.

Stupid freaking money hungry Lucas Arts/Traveller Tales

Lock and load!
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:17 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 10:17 AM #13 of 25
You are an idiot.

This game doesn't need to be an exclusive, or have the best possible graphics or any of that shit. It's a fun, simple game that many people should be able to enjoy. It's not GREEDY for a company to release something on more than one platform so they can sell more copies.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Sep 19, 2006 at 12:05 PM.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 01:22 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 07:22 PM #14 of 25
I'd say some of the best games ever made are multi-platform. KOTOR (PC and Xbox), Burnout Revenge (Everything), Soul Calibur 3 (Everything pretty much), GTA and so on. Making a game more accessible doesn't make it worse.

Whilst I'm here, how the fuck do you get Boba Fett to shoot rockets, I'm sure I've tried every combination of buttons on the damn controller...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 01:58 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 11:58 AM #15 of 25
Soul Calibur 3 was a PS2 exclusive.

Most amazing jew boots
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:05 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 10:05 PM #16 of 25
Well, I'm guessing he meant SC2.

Also, upon visiting my favorite (and only) local gamestore, a GC Lego Star Wars II had magically appeared on their shelf and I grabbed that sucker so quick. They also had a second hand Phoenix Wright for €30, but I still don't have a Lite, so..

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:13 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 08:13 PM #17 of 25
Yeah, I meant 2. I'm getting old, you can't expect me remember things like that.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:20 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 01:20 PM #18 of 25
It's ok. Soul Calibur 3 was TERRIBLE anywho, compared to the first and second games.

Also, Fett's rockets require an Extra to activate. Assuming you have that active, I think the button required to shoot them is the same button you use to take control of the other onscreen characters. Try whichever button that is for the version you're playing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:45 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 08:45 PM #19 of 25
Not unlocked the extra yet, back to the red block hunt I guess.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:20 PM #20 of 25
Ahaha, Boba Fetts rockets are AWESOME, also VERY DESTRUCTIVE. I'll killed myself in small hallways numerous times attempting to switch characters.

Edit: Also, I've gotten my hands on a video capture device and will be recording some of the cutscenes tonight and tomorrow. If you have any specific requests let them be known now. UH UH UH scene is a given, for infinite hilarity. =D

Last edited by Tails; Sep 19, 2006 at 10:27 PM.
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:30 PM #21 of 25
The game is indeed awsome. Reliving the original trilogy settings in Lego form is so much more enjoyable than the prequels settings. My only gripe is that they condensed the cutscenes so much that it seems like the developers expect people to know the story ...but most people who do get this game probably know it already.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 01:47 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 09:47 PM #22 of 25
It's insane how much this game kicks ass. It's so loving of the original movies, yet isn't afraid to poke fun at.. well, everything. I must have watched the mos eisley UH UH UHH scene five times now and I still laugh. The hat machines are easily favorites now. First time I used one, Chewbacca got himself a top hat. I literally went "Ahaha, WHAT IS THIS ='D"

I'm playing it slowly, have time for only like 30 minutes every once in a while, but it's wonderful <3

Most amazing jew boots

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 02:16 PM 1 #23 of 25
Finally got the VRD out, and captured a few scenes for you guys. =O

Mos Eisley Spaceport
Rescue the Princess
Luke, I am your father!

FELIPE NO

28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 07:13 PM #24 of 25
I finished the story segments, now going back through it for the hidden stuff. I have to say though, the stuff they did for lando was so good. Aside from hiving him a different set of melee moves (he's freaking Ryu without Hadoken), he also has an animation with Leia, which he takes her hand and kisses it. I found that during the Cloud City level and pressed attack within melee range of Leia. Stuff like this make the game awsome.

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 08:39 PM #25 of 25
Originally Posted by Kirche-chan
Finally got the VRD out, and captured a few scenes for you guys. =O

Mos Eisley Spaceport
Rescue the Princess
Luke, I am your father!
Be sure to capture and post the ending scene. The escape from the Death Star II was awesome.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Multiplatform! >=O)