Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Contact -- Quirky, Online RPG for the DS

VermillionFF7
Syklis Green

Member 58

Level 7.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:52 PM #1 of 9
Contact -- Quirky, Online RPG for the DS

http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2470

Quote:
Contact has a small history here in the United States. The game was once rumored to be the Brownie Brown developed sequel to Mother 2/Earthbound for the DS. It is now known that Contact is a unique game unto itself that offers its own take on the RPG genre.

Atlus has announced the game for North American audiences and expect it to hit store shelves this summer.

"Contact is the rare breed of quirky RPG that attracts a rabid fanbase with its whacked-out story, setting, and characters," said Tomm Hulett, Project Lead for Atlus U.S.A., Inc. "I'm excited that gamers will be able to spread the fever to thousands of others with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."

Atlus recently released press information detailing the different aspects incorporated into the game. Gameplay wise Contact will feature animal training, real time combat, monster and item hunting, and mini games. It will also feature artwork designed by Atsuko Fukushima of PoPoLoCrois fame.

The klaxon alarm is shrieking! Something is wrong! The Professor wrestles his damaged spaceship to a crash landing on a mysterious planet.

In the aftermath of the crash, The Professor discovers that the power sources of his ship, known as Cells, have been scattered across the surface of this strange world. To retrieve them all, The Professor enlists the aid of a brave young man named Terry—and a brave video game player known as you! The Professor and Terry will ask for your help during the course of the adventure, using the Nintendo DS to “contact” you along the way.

Will The Professor gather the Cells and return to outer space? Will you learn the goal of the mysterious organization that seeks to gather the Cells for itself? The future of an entire world has been placed in your hands!

With this and all the other DS RPGs on the way, DS is becoming the new SNES for RPGs.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dishonorably discharged from the Belkan Air Force.
Dyne
fu.ture

Member 675

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:58 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 02:58 PM #2 of 9
I want this solely because of Suda Goichi's involvement.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Always leave important items in your back pocket.

Dyne // Level 135
FOnewearl // Viridia
Madam's Umbrella // Chao

Akai-chan
Firebrand

Member 685

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:24 PM #3 of 9
Infernal and I have been hoping for this game to make its way out of Japan, though we both had a dreadful feeling that Atlus would be the one to pick it up...Sorry, Ferny... ;_;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:10 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:10 PM #4 of 9
;__; Atlus. They'll release four copies and then discontinue it. This also means it won't even get a Euro release. Hurray, Atlus! Oh, but I'm excited about this game. Excited in the pants region. I loved Michigan and Killer 7, and this thing is such a massive departure from those two. The graphics are beautiful. And the MUSIC.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Mar 7, 2006 at 08:31 AM.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:16 PM #5 of 9
I must say, that description of the game, and those screens have piqued my interest. I'm in need of a good RPG, ever since Fire Emblem was a bit of a let down in that depot. (still a great game, but did nothing to cure my hankerin' for an RPG) I can deffinetly see myself picking this up, ASAP.

"Summer release" anything more deffinet than that?

EDIT: spelling

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Helloween; Mar 6, 2006 at 01:34 AM.
Nekobo
Axefighter??

Member 835

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:03 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:03 PM #6 of 9
It'd be bad to the ass if the KILLER 7 made a cameo in the game. Probably impossible and implausible, but that'd make for some fuuun shiz.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:15 PM #7 of 9
This game looks very cute although the online feature intrigues me. The screens look somewhat sparse with what looks like one character getting most of the action. "Spread the fever" made me think that this was a downloadable game which you had to get from someone else.

FELIPE NO
Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:19 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 02:19 PM #8 of 9
It looks very unusual and interesting.
It's also curious that they're even advertising it as specifically 'quirky' and uncommon.
This confirms that the DS makes for an established good home to such atypical works.

While the plot won't likely be the core factor of this game's appeal, this seems like a fine alternative to Mother's amusing randomness. And, most importantly, exploring this odd setting in WiFi goodness looks like a certainly nifty opportunity to exploit.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:31 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:31 PM #9 of 9
Originally Posted by Nekobo
It'd be bad to the ass if the KILLER 7 made a cameo in the game. Probably impossible and implausible, but that'd make for some fuuun shiz.
Well, they snuck a cameo from their other game, Michigan, into Killer 7, so who knows. =o

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Contact -- Quirky, Online RPG for the DS