Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Elwe's Hill of Random Creations and Whatnot

elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 02:12 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 02:12 AM #1 of 48
Elwe's Hill of Random Creations and Whatnot

Hiya and welcome to my thread! Here, you'll find random things, from fanart to original works. (Even poetry!) Most of these were created as experimental pieces (all part of the learning experience!) or for funsies. As I'm not taking any art classes, any comments will be greatly appreciated since improvement isn't such a bad thing. Enjoy!

Latest News: School will be over soon, so hopefully, I've have time to learn more about PS and drawing. Yargh! I'll also have a story up when I'm done procrastinating! I also have updated category banners posted in addition to the normal text headings. Lala.

Some posts contain more than one work, so some scrolling may be required after clicking on a link.
I have thumbnails for all of these, so if you're just browsing, it may be easier to just scroll through the posts rather than clicking on a link.
Oh, and works in progress won't be listed, as that might end up cluttering up the index.

(FA)=Fanart
(OC)=Original Creation
=New

3 Newest:
Xenosaga II KOS-MOS Wallpaper (FA)
Photoshopped Birdie Photo Attempt #1(OC) (#2)
"The Camel Man" (Poem)(OC)

Wallpapers (None of which are "done" yet! Okay, well, the decent ones are asteriked.)
Click on link, scroll to wallpaper, click on thumbnail, and you MAY need to click on new thumbnail

Abstract Butterfly Wallpaper (OC)
Fate Stay Night Wallpapers 1 - 1.6 (Yes, 6 versions!) (FA)
"Reach for the Stars" Wallpaper (1280x1024 and 1024x768) (OC)
Rurouni Kenshin Wallpaper 1 (FA)
Rurouni Kenshin Wallpaper (Samurai X) (FA)
Rurouni Kenshin: Kamiya Kaoru Wallpaper (Fixed!) (FA)
*Rurouni Kenshin: Yukishiro Enishi Wallpaper (FA)
Xenosaga I: Chaos Attack Wallpaper (Fixed!) (FA)
Xenosaga I: Chaos Wallpaper (FA)
*Xenosaga II KOS-MOS Wallpaper (FA)

Drawings
Final Fantasy X-2: Paine (Black Mage) (FA) (Click here for a larger version)
Flower (OC)

You're welcome to use these if you're so inclined to do so, unless otherwise stated. Credits would be nice. *ccooough*
Fate Stay Night Avatar and Sig Set 1 (FA)
Fate Stay Night Avatar and Sig Set 2 (FA)

Digital Drawings/Paintings, Colorings, Photos, etc. (In other words, "Other Stuff)
Random Girls (OC) Don't look.
Photoshopped Birdie Photo Attempt #1 (#2) (OC)

Words
"The Camel Man" (Poem)(OC)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by elwe; Jul 8, 2006 at 02:47 AM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 02:58 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 12:58 AM #2 of 48
On the coloring, that's a CG, correct? What program are you using for that? I am assuming you are using photoshop, or something along that line.

The thing about the pencil line is, that you don't really have to trace over them. With program like photoshop that handles images with layers.

You could easily color your line art without altering it by putting coloring and line arts in different layers and set the top layer to "multiply". There are also some artist that preferr channel selection >> reverse selection >> Delete and then reverse selection again >>> paint all the line art black. Although that is done in Photoshop version 5, I don't know what type of layer property was avaliable back them.

With that said though, I still recommand inking most of the cases, since those line come out stronger then anything else, make it easier to clean up from procedural level.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:10 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 04:10 PM #3 of 48
Thank you so much for the tips! I really do know nothing about this, but I'll be sure to keep those pointers in mind next time.

Quote:
I am assuming you are using photoshop, or something along that line.
Yes, I'm using Photoshop 7.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 04:14 PM #4 of 48
I really like the Kenshin wallpapers, especially the second one. And even though the face on the Paine drawing isn't that good, you drew the rest of her body very well. I also like the flower as well, because it looks pretty detailed. And the coloring is pretty good on the last one. It has this soft, faded look that suits the picture well.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:40 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 03:40 PM #5 of 48
It's unfortunate that you don't have a larger version of the Paine drawing. I would have liked to see the shading up close. Otherwise, nice job on the clothing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 08:04 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 08:04 PM #6 of 48
RockgamerXIII: Thanks! Yeah...I always have issues with faces. I actually went on a face-drawing spree in order to practice drawing them, but they still look pretty bad!

Rydia: Thanks! By the way, I do have a larger copy, but it didn't turn out too well on the scanner.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by elwe; Mar 26, 2006 at 04:48 AM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 09:05 PM #7 of 48
Ah, yes. Sometimes scanning shaded drawings makes them look slightly different from the real thing. Glad to see a larger one.

FELIPE NO
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:02 AM #8 of 48
Elwe, your drawing is sweet! I like it a lot! I wish I could draw like that! How long did it take you to do it?

*subscribes to thread*

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:33 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 01:33 AM #9 of 48
Thanks! The Paine one took about 6 hours, and the flower one took around three hours. I think.

-------------

I'm moving the ones I posted earlier over to this post so I can index my stuff. Woohoo!

You MAY need on the new "thumbnail" that appears
Rurouni Kenshin Wallpaper 1
I felt like making a Kenshin wallpaper.

Rurouni Kenshin: Samurai X Wallpaper
This was back when I just got Photoshop, so I decided to play around with it and see what I could do. Hah, experiment!
Anyways, I'll try to fix this one up sometime later, as it still needs quite a bit of work.

Final Fantasy X-2: Paine (Black Mage)
Here's my first actual drawing with the new pencils (I think) I received for Christmas a couple months ago. I hate how her face turned out! It doesn't even resemble her. I hope it's not too traumatizing.

Flower
I had this one on my XChange portfolio before the crash. Well, it's here again! I based it off a gorgeous photo of a flower I found online.

Random Girls (Ha, that's a horrible title)
This here is my first, sad, attempt at coloring. I didn't want to trace over my lines with pen in the original drawing, so I just scanned it as it was. I really need to read a tutorial, since this was the result of random clicks for 6 hours. And it still turned out pretty bad. Time to learn how to do it correctly! Anyways, I didn't really like how the girl on the right turned out. So yes, this was another experiment.

Last edited by elwe; Jun 8, 2006 at 11:25 PM.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 04:41 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 04:41 AM #10 of 48
Nevermind about that one.
Here's the new one:

Rurouni Kenshin: Kamiya Kaoru Wallpaper

Here's one that I just made today. (Can't really see much from the thumbnail! It's textured though.) I just realized that you have to click on the thumbnail after clicking on the thumbnail. Whew. Anyways, it's another Kenshin one, but I borrowed the flowers from Honey and Clover.

Rurouni Kenshin: Enishi Wallpaper
I modeled this one off the Kaoru one I did earlier. It didn't turn out quite as well as that one though.

Last edited by elwe; Jun 8, 2006 at 11:24 PM.
ROBOTRON
100% Pure Robot !!!

Member 4055

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:35 AM #11 of 48
Awesome work there...love it!

Fight Like A Robot!
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 04:44 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 04:44 AM #12 of 48
ROBOTRON: Thanks!

Here are a couple quick wallpapers I made today. They're not too spiffy, but oh well.

Xenosaga I: Chaos Attack Wallpaper
Ehh...randomness. I just noticed a few mistakes in this wallpaper. A new, revised version will be up soon!

Okay! Let's see if this one's better:

Xenosaga I: Chaos Wallpaper
Even more random. I don't really love how this one turned out. Oh well; it's too early in the morning for this. -_-

Click on the thumbnail and then click on the new thumbnail that appears
Abstract Butterfly Wallpaper
This actually started out as an abstract doodle on lined notebook paper, but when I drew it, the page sort of got wrinkly. I then went to scan it only to find out that the ripples in the page showed up, so I played around with it. With the image at this level of darkness, it looked much flatter than before, so I decided to turn it into a wallpaper. It's a tad dark. [/life story]

Here's the same one, except it has a poem on the right.

More of the same, but this one has the "Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow" quote from Macbeth.

I'm open to requests, if you happen to want a custom-made one for that. (ha!)

Last edited by elwe; Jun 8, 2006 at 11:26 PM.
ROBOTRON
100% Pure Robot !!!

Member 4055

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:03 PM #13 of 48
SA-WEET! Great stuff...nice wallpapers.

Fight Like A Robot!
Imkylepiano=)
Go Shippuuden!

Member 398

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:55 PM #14 of 48
Your paine drawing is pretty dam amazing! I love it Elwe . You should post more of your drawings.

Don't worry about that color problem. I have it too. I can't color for crap O_O.

I havn't had enough time to draw recently. I drew a girl from FSN (Fate Stay Night) though, if you heard of that series.

The Hartt School
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 02:00 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 02:00 PM #15 of 48
ROBOTRON: Thanks again!

Imkylepiano: Thanks! I have quite a pile of drawings, but a lot of them are pretty bad. Oh! And I'd be happy to see your FSN drawing.

I realized that a couple of my wallpapers have some big flaws in them, namely the Chaos and Kaoru ones. On this monitor, I can't see any of that, but they showed up on our new LCD monitor. I'll have new versions up later, as those mistakes look really bad.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by elwe; Apr 14, 2006 at 02:05 PM.
Imkylepiano=)
Go Shippuuden!

Member 398

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 08:24 PM #16 of 48
OOoooo, speaking of FSN, is it ok if I request a wall paper? If you need renders or anything, go to www.fatestaynight.org, they have everything (including a wonderful gallery, and all bittorrent episodes). That would be really nice!

Here is my drawing :X

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2526/rin6mk.jpg

Don't go hard on me, it is my first anime girl drawing ever so...!

You rox completely,

Kyle

The Hartt School
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 09:45 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 09:45 PM #17 of 48
That's a very nice drawing, Imkylepiano! It's a great improvement over the Naruto one you did earlier. I really like what you did with her hair. Good job!

Originally Posted by Imkylepiano=)
OOoooo, speaking of FSN, is it ok if I request a wall paper? If you need renders or anything, go to www.fatestaynight.org, they have everything (including a wonderful gallery, and all bittorrent episodes). That would be really nice!
I'll see what I can do, although I can't guarantee anything, seeing as how I'm still figuring things out right now.

What size do you need?
Also, is there anything specific you want? I'm not familiar with the series, so I'm just randomly choosing characters right now.

Last edited by elwe; Apr 14, 2006 at 09:56 PM.
Imkylepiano=)
Go Shippuuden!

Member 398

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 12:28 AM #18 of 48
Hmmm..... you should definetely watch the anime if you are new to this series. I just got through all 14 episodes so far, in only 3 days; the animation is really amazing. Also, so far, the plot has been compelling! (OH BTW, the piano music, and just the music in general is freaking wonderful as well! I just don't think there are any OST's yet )

Anyway, I want a large sized wall paper, but, I don't have the exact resolutions. Just give me the average size for a wall paper that is above 600x800.

As for the way it looks, you can be creative with the pictures. I really don't mind, as long as you have fun doing it!

Thank you for complimenting my drawing! I think my drawing class has helped my skills a lot. I did draw that Naruto before my class you know. . I have another naruto one too since that one you saw. Let me post for you.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/318...ofanart3qq.png

But anyway, the FSN drawing is my most recent, and I think my best.

Best Regards,

Kyle

The Hartt School

Last edited by Imkylepiano=); Apr 15, 2006 at 01:21 AM.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 01:11 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 01:11 AM #19 of 48
That's a very nice Naruto drawing! Perhaps you could thumbnail that, just in case there are some 56k users lurking around.

I whipped up a simple one really quick, although it's rather bland. I might actually try for a more creative one when I have more time.

I have a few versions of them in 1024x768. I couldn't really make up my mind. If there's anything quirky showing up, please let me know, as I'm currently using the half-functional monitor right now, so I can't see too much.

Fate Stay Night Wallpaper 1
Requested by Imkylepiano=)

Fate Stay Night Wallpaper 1.2

Fate Stay Night Wallpaper 1.3

Fate Stay Night Wallpaper 1.4

Fate Stay Night Wallpaper 1.5

Fate Stay Night Wallpaper 1.6

Imkylepiano=)
Go Shippuuden!

Member 398

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 01:24 AM #20 of 48
I'm not too sure, but I think the 2nd one is the best.

I really like the way the pictures are placed and the way they look though! nice.

Hehe, I just took the img tags off the link instead of putting a thumbnail. Just as good .

The Hartt School
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 04:22 PM #21 of 48
Thanks!

I just realized that the link for the Paine drawing was weird. Anyways, that should work now.

Fate Stay Night Avatar and Sig Set 1
Just for funsies, I made an avatar and sig set based off the wallpaper. Joy. Yes, I know that there are three avatars. Seriously-- my indecisiveness needs to die!

Usage History: Imkylepiano

Fate Stay Night Avatar and Sig Set 2
Here's another set based off those wallpapers I made earier. I mean, I already have the images extracted, so why put it to waste?

Usage History: (none)

Last edited by elwe; May 6, 2006 at 10:54 AM.
Imkylepiano=)
Go Shippuuden!

Member 398

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:44 PM #22 of 48
Thanks! I'll use right away (I already was using the desktop)

you rox bye,

Kyle

The Hartt School
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 05:30 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 05:30 PM #23 of 48
Yay!
(Credits, although not mandatory, are appreciated. )

How ya doing, buddy?
Imkylepiano=)
Go Shippuuden!

Member 398

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:22 PM #24 of 48
Sure.

Btw, I drew some more ^^. http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/3994/rider6lj.jpg

The Hartt School
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:17 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 11:17 PM #25 of 48
Haha, thanks.

Your new drawing is amazing! I really like what you did with the hair, and the shading has really improved! The foreshortening isn't too bad either. Great job!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Elwe's Hill of Random Creations and Whatnot