Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Video card problem perhaps?

Biganime
Angel wings and Cat ears....thats why I like it!

Member 5690

Level 4.40

Apr 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 03:29 AM #1 of 2
Video card problem perhaps?

About a week ago I decided to Bring my sony Vaio up to speed so it can be used as a major gaming computer. I went out and bought a Geforce 6600 Which works fine on games, plays them nice and smooth...

But when Im playing the game (mostly WOW) It will random freeze on me for a bit and then go back...or It will just restart my whole computer at times as well.. Usually restarts it more then anything else and it mostly happens when Im in battle in the game.

I have a Gig of Ram on this computer as well so I dont think that the problem....I havn't been able to figure this issue out so if anyone out there has any idea about what going on and how I can go about fixing it I will be greatly in your debt ^_^.

If you need more of my computer specs just ask and I shall supply them to you. thanks in advanced.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:30 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 01:30 PM #2 of 2
Some proper hardware specs would be nice e.g PSU Power Rating, how many hardrives you have, CPU, have you overclocked anything etc...

I think you have 6 considerations:

1) Make sure you have installed the latest drivers.

2) Your Video Card is overheating, add some case fans or get a better cooler for the card.

3) Your CPU is overheating due to the added heat from the card shutting down your PC, so you need some case fans.

4) Your PSU is not powerful enough, get a better one (See below).

5) Have you overclocked the card, RAM or your CPU?

6) RMA the video card it may have a faulty cooler, so send it back and they should send you a replacement.

I suggest firstly you monitor your temperatures either in the bios or may I recommend Everest Home Edition which will show the temperatures of each piece of hardware including the 6600 graphics card. Once you have done that post back here and report them.

If the temperatures are fine the cause of the problem is your power supply which is not of sufficient power/quality to cope with the 6600, it says the minimum requiremt is 300W on the box but I'd suggest at least a 450w-500w.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Jun 13, 2006 at 04:12 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Video card problem perhaps?