Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria

Vash
Chocobo

Member 1502

Level 12.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:44 PM #426 of 694
Spoiler:
Beat Odin last night, very interesting with the whole Lezard thing...but why did he switch Odin's spirit into Rufus' body (don't tell me or be as vague as possible if the reason is spoilerific for Chapter 6)? And why didn't he challenge Alicia's party since, as of right now, IMO, he is the main threat? Now I have to find Rufus' ring to materialize him...can someone tell me where it rolled to? Lol...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Sig and ava made by me
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 04:35 PM #427 of 694
Why do it at Crawsus? Go to Palace of Dragon, find the Halo stone, go 2 rooms to the left where you find one of the baddies that craws on the ground holding a sealstone, something called "Bread", and you fight the giant enemy crab (no really), which doesn't do much damage and gets you like 150k experience if you get the 5 orb bonus. That's a super fast way.

Also, get the Share EXP sealstone in the Palace, so you can get ALL your party members to get some experience, not only the active ones.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

- What we all do best -
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 04:11 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 05:11 PM #428 of 694
Originally Posted by Terminus
Is it like the first one? OH SHIT OICHI WITH HER WEAPON OH GOD SWATHING THROUGH ENEMIES WITH A TOY!~
They made some major changes in the game actually. No more items this time, they're replaced by "skills" instead. Plus new characters and a new game mode. If you liked the first one, get this one as well.

[edit] Oh, there's now a shop to buy stuff too.

Most amazing jew boots
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 06:25 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 03:25 AM #429 of 694
This has been bugging me. The third boss of the game, the dragon that splits in two after so much damage in those ruins, the first time I fought him, he died in one hit. Like, the instant I first struck him. Did the game just glitch up there, I don't understand it at all. I fought him again afterwards and not only did that not happen but he killed everyone off with the transfer effect.

I was speaking idiomatically.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Vkamicht
Chocobo

Member 431

Level 12.47

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:01 AM #430 of 694
Originally Posted by Dr. Uzuki
This has been bugging me. The third boss of the game, the dragon that splits in two after so much damage in those ruins, the first time I fought him, he died in one hit. Like, the instant I first struck him. Did the game just glitch up there, I don't understand it at all. I fought him again afterwards and not only did that not happen but he killed everyone off with the transfer effect.
Are you using Celes at all? She comes with an attack (Soul Pierce) that has a chance of causing instant death, including against some bosses.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:31 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 06:31 AM #431 of 694
Transfer effect, is that essentially your guys getting ejected by the natural surroundings, like getting knocked off the platform for the 3rd boss? One time both of my guys got knocked off and I was like OH SHIT! It took a few rounds to get the two back, they just came back!

RING OUT!

Most amazing jew boots

- What we all do best -
Lionking-Cyan
Chocobo

Member 13706

Level 9.10

Oct 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:44 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 02:44 PM #432 of 694
Originally Posted by Lionking-Cyan
What do you say, is it best to begin with the psx chapter, or with the ps2 one?
Anyone who can answer me?...

How ya doing, buddy?
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:54 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 09:54 PM #433 of 694
If you have the PSX one, start with that. If you don't, start with VP2. That simple.

Most amazing jew boots
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:55 AM #434 of 694
Finally got the game. Quite emberassing that it took me this long, but hey.

Like 10 hours in the game, got my good friend Arngrim, which of course will be a keeper. I like the battle system and dungeons, but still have to get used to some other things like the skill learning and that orb pickup shit.

Last night I roughly lost a hours work after dying because of one of these orbs. It had a effect that returned some of the damage I did, and before I realized it I killed my own characters. =(

How does that work exactly? when you have it in your hands its a negative effect for your group, but when its on a statue its a negative effect for mobs?

btw what are some good skills to get early on? right now I got the one that boosts RDM by 50% and ATK by 20%, and thats quite handy at the moment.

That skill that absorbs the first 100 damage seems perfect but I cant get it yet.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Lionking-Cyan
Chocobo

Member 13706

Level 9.10

Oct 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:01 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 03:01 PM #435 of 694
Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
If you have the PSX one, start with that. If you don't, start with VP2. That simple.
So, since i don't have any of the 2, i should begin with silmeria?

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:44 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 10:44 PM #436 of 694
So, since i don't have any of the 2, i should begin with silmeria?
Go ahead. I don't see why not since this is just a prequel. =\

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lionking-Cyan
Chocobo

Member 13706

Level 9.10

Oct 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:10 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 04:10 PM #437 of 694
Actually a guy told me it's best to start with the psx episode, since, by doing this way, you would enjoy silmeria more, recognising more things...but i didn't know if i could trust him :biggrin: .

How ya doing, buddy?
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:05 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 12:05 AM #438 of 694
Actually a guy told me it's best to start with the psx episode, since, by doing this way, you would enjoy silmeria more, recognising more things...but i didn't know if i could trust him :biggrin: .
He's right actually, but it won't make a difference if you don't have the first VP anyway.

How ya doing, buddy?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:53 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 09:53 AM #439 of 694
Originally Posted by Xellos
How does that work exactly? when you have it in your hands its a negative effect for your group, but when its on a statue its a negative effect for mobs?

btw what are some good skills to get early on? right now I got the one that boosts RDM by 50% and ATK by 20%, and thats quite handy at the moment.

That skill that absorbs the first 100 damage seems perfect but I cant get it yet.
It's not always a negative effect for your group. You have to look at the effects to determine it yourself. Anyway, here is how it works. Sealstones placed on a Dais effect alll the enemies within the area. So if it says Area Effect: Fire damage 150% Ice damage 1/2 that means all the enemies' fire attacks do more damage while thier ice damage is halfed. If you carry the sealstone then you gain these effects. What you wanna do is put negative effects on the dais to make your battles easier. Like switching the fire with the ice damage 150% fire damage down 1/2 in an area where enemies only cast fire spells will give you a big advantage.

Most of the time stat boosters start on the Dais and usually you wanna keep these in your parties hand, or at least away from the Dais so the enemy can't get the effects. Placing negative effects on the Dais will also make your battles and boss fights much easier. If an enemy carries a sealstone it only effects that group of enemies. By defeating it you can take it yourself.

Shells are useful for neutralizing the effects of a sealstone. Like sometimes there would be sealstones that give enemies great boosts but screw your party over. Like Attack 200% but cannot access battle menu or heal. The negatives don't really effect the enemies but they could make battles worse for you. These are best dropped on a shell to deactivate it so the negatives don't effect your party anymore.

The springs can be used to grab sealstones you purchased with magic gems. You'll want to buy ones like Experience X2 and attack 120% so you can pull them out at any dungeon. Just keep in mind that the gems are kinda hard to build up early in the game, so spend them wisely.

As for skills, learn training as soon as you can. It makes leveling up so much quicker!

FELIPE NO
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 01:38 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 11:38 AM #440 of 694
Truth, get the training skill. It only really takes 3 items to connect, so it's not hard to get. Plus you'll be VERY surprised at how fast your guys can level up. Furthermore don't bother levelling up until you get to the Palace of Vegetable Dragon. Then get the shared EXP sealstone along with the 2 X EXP from the Chateau Obsession. EASIEST and most brainless levelling ever I have done in my life.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

- What we all do best -
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 06:31 PM #441 of 694
Chapter 5 so far...
Spoiler:
Man, Rufus attack "Killing Thorn" really makes the difference if you need to collect crystals. It works similiar to one of Lucian's attacks where you can get plenty of crystals with one single attack.

The soundtrack keeps getting better and better. The battle song where you fight the Aesirs in the Forest is amazing.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Vash
Chocobo

Member 1502

Level 12.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:27 PM #442 of 694
Just started Chapter 6 last night...
Spoiler:
I was surprised that Lenneth tagged along. Do she, Hrist, and Brahms stay with you for the rest of the game? If so then yay. My party so far is Alicia, Lenneth, Hrist, and Adonis (my only Einherjar, who owns btw). Rufus and Arngrim were higher levels than Hrist and Lenneth but I really wanna give them a shot. And plus I'm using the EXP for all sealstone so no one's left out...still haven't learned any important skills (though now I know how...should work on getting that Training one you all keep raving about. I've just been reluctant up to now, I've really only equipped armor and weapons that upped stats, I rarely equip something that lowers some stats but ups others unless the decrease is not very much. Guess I'll just have to make some sacrifices :/)

Sig and ava made by me
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:44 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 04:44 PM #443 of 694
Okay the final boss(?) made this game retarded. Please explain to me:

Spoiler:

Why Alicia, who had 140,000 HP and an attack rating of 2100 is fused with all of the Valkyries and ends up with 5400 HP and 950 Attack. What the fuck? Please note I haven't beaten him yet so I don't know what happens afterward.

Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:24 PM #444 of 694
How the hell did you even wind up with that much HP before beating the game?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 05:38 PM #445 of 694
Originally Posted by Forsety
How the hell did you even wind up with that much HP before beating the game?
Because I got trigger happy with the zero by mistake it should be 14,000.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:55 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 07:55 PM #446 of 694
Hey guys you know what I'm thinking. End of Chapter 3.

Spoiler:
Should I strip Leone ^___^ and Arngrim of all their possessions? So then I can get back my armor and stuff? Ever major character is at level 40 and up, so, I got the two very nice swords and some nice goodies as well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
Vkamicht
Chocobo

Member 431

Level 12.47

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:45 PM #447 of 694
Some stupid little page I'm working on because I have too much free time:

http://vkamicht.googlepages.com/Einherjar.html

Most amazing jew boots
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:18 PM #448 of 694
I was thinking about possibly getting this game. Can someone give me their thoughts on it?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:55 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 09:55 PM #449 of 694
Our thoughts? I think much of it has been pointed out already.

Pros:

A nice refreshing battle system that really ups the VP1 battle system and now incorporates 3D movement.

Fast battles ++

Recruit tons of Einherjar (warriors), I think there's over 50 of them, me thinks.

Get to understand the story of VP1's side quest in Dipan much better, and appreciate it much more.

GORGEOUS graphics that the PS2 is really pulling off here. Sometimes I wish I didn't rush from one place to the next, because I miss out on some really nice background touches.

Just like the original, you can chain up to 4 SOUL BREAK attacks, given that you reach 100 hits each time.

FREAKING VALKYRIE PROFILE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE.

Cons:

Lots of level grinding (not absolutely necessary) if you want to be cheap and basically tramp on baddies later on.

A bit weak for the English dubs, but definately not rated at "bad".

You really don't care much for the Einherjar. You don't get to know them as well as the VP1s.

Learning skills isn't the best system, but I personally have no problems with it.

The 2D movement in the quest field seems a bit archaic especially when most are looking forward to full 3D movement like FFXII's quest/battle system, but I have no problems with it, since it keeps with the traditional side scroller that made VP1 unique.

FFXII basically does overshadow this with the hype, I admit, but this isn't a RPG to be missed out on if you're a fan of the RPG genre, and perhaps even adds MORE hype to future RPGs to come.

If you really want to get more opinions and more in depth details, read up on the many reviews on gamerankings.com.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

- What we all do best -
Antignition
Chocobo

Member 7743

Level 11.38

May 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:50 AM #450 of 694
What makes the game stand out for me is the battle system. The story's great, the music is good, but most of all, Tri-Ace continues the pattern where it takes you a little bit to get the hang of the battle system, but when you get it down, it's fan-fucking-tastic.

Honestly with Star Ocean 3 I hated the "innovations" over the 2nd one, as far as the battle system was concerned, but the improved battle system over VP1 is excellent. Never got bored of fighting, so the whole level grinding issue everyone bitches about doesn't bother me at all.

I also thought the dubbing was done very well, especially compared to the voice-acting in RPGs as of late.

I just wish it was longer, but thats probably because it's caused me to pull a few all-nighters on it (something I rarely do).

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria