Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Getting my wisdom teeth removed, need food suggestions

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:13 PM #1 of 29
Getting my wisdom teeth removed, need food suggestions

Hi guys!
I'm going to the dentist tomorrow and will remove my wisdom tooth.
I probably won't be able to eat normal food for at least 3 days or something.

Can you guys suggest food that I can eat? (besides soup).
Thanks! :biggrin:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:21 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 01:21 PM #2 of 29
When I had mine removed, I only ate mashed potatoes and water for about three days. I also had pudding and jello during the week, and avoided food that wasn't uniform. My gums bled for 4-5 days since my wisdom teeth weren't quite visible when I had the surgery.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 04:22 PM #3 of 29
I found my sucking ability to.....(no pun intended) suck. Slurpees with the fatty straws are acceptable, but I was too busy bleeding. Fatten up today and just aim for soup (nothing with bits that can get stuck in the holes that are to fill) and slurpees.

Be sure that anything you chew, make sure its chewable with your front teeth. I ate gummy foods to ween my way into actually eating.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:27 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 02:27 PM #4 of 29
You're actually not supposed to suck on anything, because the negative pressure can open the holes where your teeth used to be and give you dry sockets.

My wisdom teeth hadn't come out yet either, so they had to cut my gums open and the whole deal, but they only bled for a couple of hours after the procedure was complete. Just bite down on some gauze for a while and it should stop the bleeding pretty quickly.

I basically lived on milkshakes and smoothies and stuff for the next couple of days, but that was fine with me. =D

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:37 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 03:37 PM #5 of 29
Hah I got my top wisdom teeth removed in the the morning and then that afternoon I was at Applebees eating orange chicken bowl. Just stuff some gauze back there and you'll be alright.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 04:53 PM #6 of 29
Not the same for everyone. I had all four removed at once and I couldnt eat well for like 5 days. And felt discomfort for two weeks. It doesnt stop bleeding in one day or hours.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:00 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 03:00 PM #7 of 29
I was pretty swollen after my wisdom teeth got taken out, it took me at least 4 days before I ate any kind of normal food. I lived off of mashed potatoes, go-gourt, pudding and pain killers for those 4 days. Needless to say, I didn't eat mashed potatoes for at least 6 months afterwards. And sucking things through a straw really is a bad idea, as mentioned before it can cause dry sockets, which you really don't want, because you may be left with gaping holes in your mouth that wont grow back.

FELIPE NO
Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 06:51 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 05:51 PM #8 of 29
No soup? Not even super chunky soup, with lots of sprinkled cheese and oyster crackers mixed into it?

Well, I'd suggest anything in a slow cooker. Just throw some meat and 'taters, carrots and whatnot into it, and come dinner time you'll have a tasty, semi-mushy dinner. It also goes good with sprinkled cheese and oyster crackers.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 06:55 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 04:55 PM #9 of 29
Oh yeah, don't eat anything sharp or hard even after you feel like it's probably alright, 'cause if the food stabs into your healing gums, again with the posible dry sockets. I've heard them described as one of the most painful experiences ever, but I didn't get them so I can't confirm that.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 08:45 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 06:45 PM #10 of 29
I'd also recommend eating with plastic utensils for a few days if your teeth hurt a lot. I've lost more teeth to dentists than to nature, and I know it hurts a lot less to accidentally knock your sore front teeth with a plastic spoon than a stainless steel one.

As for food, drinking milkshakes (frosties work too <3), applesauce, and possibly even some soft foods like ramen/pasta would work after a day or two.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
EB64
Local Smeghead

Member 348

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 09:14 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 08:14 PM #11 of 29
Pretty much all the suggestions here sound good.

When I had mine out, I don't think I ate the rest of that day.
Applesauce is good.

Personally, I had mac & cheese(just had to take it 1-2 noodles at a time, and I didn't chew) and water for the next 2 days.
Sprite would be an ok pop to have if you wanted more flavor.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to have them knock you out, or are you gonna stay awake for it?

I made sure to have them knock me out.
I REALLY didn't want to be awake for it.
Plus, it was fun watching TV in the room, closing my eyes, and suddenly it's on a different station an hour or so later!
If you're getting knocked out, be sure to have someone who can drive you home, of course.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Stribro
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7029

Level 1.47

May 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 09:50 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 03:50 AM #12 of 29
First off, I feel sorry for you having to go through that. Know what it's like and all that. But as for foods, anything that does not require thorough chewing I'd recommend. You should manage fine with liquid format foods or even a cooling salad on those hot gums.

Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 09:59 PM #13 of 29
When I had all my wisdom teeth removed at the same time, I ate stuff like ice cream, pudding, soup, and oatmeal. I ate applesauce, too. I was especially fond of cream of chicken soup because it was easy to drink. I had to stay on this little "diet" for about two weeks because I developed a dry socket in one of the holes. Hopefully, you won't have to go through that.

Just go for good stuff that's soft and you'll be ok.

ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 10:39 PM #14 of 29
I'm either lucky or stupid, because I don't have any wisdom teeth. my mom's didn't show up til she was in her thirties though, so I may yet have to go through this.

be careful if you are going to have them knock you out. my mom was very sick after she got hers out because of the anesthetic [or whatever they use], so she basically couldn't eat anything without throwing up until that was out of her system.

if you do have any problems after, I suggest food that only falls under the category of: can be eaten with a spoon and broke apart just by using your tongue.

Most amazing jew boots
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 08:58 PM #15 of 29
You nailed it right there, "normal food." Probably will be far from full or satisfied at all times.

Anyway, jell-o's good, maybe pudding? I realize you mentioned soup, but I can't stress enough that that will probably be the most satisfying viable form of food you'll have.

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 02:17 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 12:17 AM #16 of 29
Gerber. Motherfucking Gerber. I'm not kidding either. The last time I had dental work done I lived on Gerber for 3 days. I know it sounds fucking ridiculous, but it kept me from becoming a malnourished walking corpse for a week.

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 02:58 AM #17 of 29
The tooth has been removed now. I was awake when they pulled it out. I'm bleeding and drooling as we speak

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 09:40 AM #18 of 29
I was asleep as fuck when they pulled mine. I woke up in a totally different room. And I was laughing.

I hope they gave you some Oxycontin or some other opiate.

I pretty much just ate soup for the next five days after I got mine pulled. The drugs make you feel happy inside but they do not really help with the pain that much.

Most amazing jew boots
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 03:35 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 12:35 PM #19 of 29
I just had all four of mine pulled two weeks ago. Top two were boney impacted vertically. Bottom right was partial erupted. Bottom left was boney impacted on its side.

I was knocked out during the operation, so I don't even remember it. The drugs the gave me must have been good, because I never felt an ounce of pain in my mouth at any point following the operation. The most discomforting part was actually how my face was numb during the first several hours, only because I couldn't feel anything. The first food I ate was a large chocolate Frosty from Wendy's. Then my mom made a big bowl of banana pudding, and I had some of that later on. During this day, the gauze was still in my mouth, so I could only rinse gently after each time eating.

By the next day, my mouth stopped bleeding and I could take the gauze out. My mouth hasn't bled since then. I had a lot of tomato soup that day. I had to make sure it wasn't hot when I ate it though (warm is fine). Then I had more pudding later on.

On the third day, I ate pudding for lunch, and I started to grow a bit tired of it. I finally got my prescriptions and my plastic syringe. That should have been done on the first day, but there was some miscommunication. By that night I was eating solid foods again.

For the following time, I continued to take medication, which included penicillin. I also needed to clean out the holes in my mouth with the syringe after each meal; actually, I'm still doing this.

That's about it. I had a great recovery.

How ya doing, buddy?

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 09:58 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 07:58 PM #20 of 29
I stayed awake for all four of mine being pulled at once, and it really wasn't a big deal. They hadn't surfaced yet, either, so I had to start by having my gums sliced open. It's not like you can feel it anyway, you just hear some strange crunching noises coming from your mouth and see a bit of blood.

The numbness part was a TOTAL bitch. Some of the local anaesthetic numbed my tongue so I couldn't swallow, and whenever I tried to take a drink I'd pour it all over my shirt and look really cool.

I dunno what Kaleb's talking about with having to clean the holes out. That sounds kinda rough to me. Mine were just stitched closed and left to grow bone in them. I just had to make sure I didn't eat anything sharp that could open them back up.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 11:24 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 09:24 PM #21 of 29
It might have dealt with how far they had to dig down for yours. I know I was supposed to clean mine out with the syringe after I had them stitched closed. But mine were also pretty bad off. They were growing in at about a 75° angle straight into the roots of my other teeth, so they had to do a shitload of digging to get to them.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 12:45 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 10:45 PM #22 of 29
Hm, that's possible. I know mine were coming in at an angle that would've ruined everything else, but I don't think it was as drastic as 75°.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 06:12 AM #23 of 29
Is it normal to have only 2 wisdom teeth? Because my upper wisdom teeth hasn't grown out yet. Does it mean that they will grow out later in my life and I have to go through this pain again...?
(I am 25...)

Most amazing jew boots
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 12:27 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 05:27 PM #24 of 29
After I had a pair of teeth drilled three years ago (damn things had attached themselves deep into the bone - bunions in my mouth, pretty much), I only ate cold soup and salted jelly (!) for about a week. Sounds nasty, but it closed the wounds up pretty fast.

EB64
Local Smeghead

Member 348

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 03:28 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 02:28 PM #25 of 29
Originally Posted by gaming
Is it normal to have only 2 wisdom teeth? Because my upper wisdom teeth hasn't grown out yet. Does it mean that they will grow out later in my life and I have to go through this pain again...?
(I am 25...)
I tihnk sometimes you just don't get all 4.
I only had my uppers come in and got them pulled.
The dentist can tell you if it's possible, but I'm pretty sure we're safe on that.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Getting my wisdom teeth removed, need food suggestions